PDA

View Full Version : 12/3-2011-the rotten conditions on james river

trailerman
12-03-2011, 07:27 PM
the river is a mess..trees on top of water and beneath and you wont seel them till you hit one....bottles and major debris everywhere and on the flats is trees and stumps
that are stuck in the mud.....the water is orange to brown with visibility less than 2 inches down in water in most spots

THE POWER PLANT IS DOWN FOR A MAJOR OVERHAUL...AND WILL BE FOR A WHILE.....THERE IS NO WATER COMING OUT TO WARM THE WATER AROUND IT.

BARGE OITS..SOME WHAT A BETTER CLEAR WATER-GREENISH COLOR.....43 DEGREES..MAIN RIVER..46 DEGREES...FLATS ARE 48 DEGREES FROM OSBORNE DOWN TO
THE 4TH SET OF PITS ON LEFT

ME AND PARTNER THREW SPINNER BAITS...APPROX 40 DIFFWERENT KINDS....AND SIZES....CRANK BAITS ALL DEPTHS AMD COLORS..RATTLE TRAPS ALL SIZES AND
COLORS.....WACKY AND TEXAS RIGS.....not a nibble....we talked to another boater said he hasnt caught a fish in there since plant was shut down.....there was only
one boat in osborne and he was a cat fish guide..and now i know why noone is fishn the james currently.....a buddy fish yarmoth creek caught a 7.2 lb bass and several
over 2 lbs.....white willow leaf spinner bait with a black split tail trailer and another caught 11 small bass to 2 lbs on shallow crank baits

IM HEADED BACK TO THE CHICK LAKE.............SAVE YOUR GAS GO TO LAKE ANNA OR CHICK RIVER OR LAKE......the floating wood is bad in the river and i dont want
to hear someone sunk there boat....BE SAFE.....HAPPY FISHN