PDA

View Full Version : What a difference in location on chick river

trailerman
04-15-2014, 07:56 PM
went out today and was warm in the am,with some wind blowing......went to buzzard bay and caught a bunch of small 1-3 lb fish on the beds.........me and tom decided to go to gordons creek and low and behold...with our new electronics we located brush piles running amuck and some were like in curves where noone looks to see them,but i have seen people fish certin spots and went to them and located brush piles.....tom caught 2 over 6 lbs...23 inch citations and what appeared to be a shack on the bank...wam and the hog was on,we didnt get to land it because we broke off but it made the 6 lb fish like miniature......all on chatter baits brushing the tops of the brush piles and yes we lost a 50.00 worth of them,but we caught fish in the 3 lb range and bigger for the rest of the day,all through gordons creek....where we found brush piles..we found big fish...id say if we had a bag of 5..we would be between 18-22 lbs...but what will happen on tournament day will be something different,or as been in history....so we thn went to yarmoth and fished wood.....bingo...fish on......i hope this isnt a curse to pre fish in front of a tournament...................so at end of day with water almost gone,we fished a creek mouth close to the dam and tom caught 2 over 4 lbs and i caught 3-10 inch bass and 2 lb....several good days in a row on the chick......hoping saturday will be resolute in all the fish we catch there......saw one guy fishn the mouth of black stump and i think he caught like 6 or 8..couldnt tell the size because i didnt want to impede in his fishn area...CALLED BEING POLITE.............good luck when yall fish the chick in next several weeks...currently the best fishn hole in va in my opinion and i suck on the chick till i was given good .....INTELL...and i feel we reap what we sew...so if you ever fish there..keep those creeks in your map plan

Snowblind
04-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Get em Trailerman...Good luck bro!!

PsuHntr
04-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Good luck TM!!! I heard that Big E dude from this site is fishing that same tourney as you. Hope you woop up on him!!!

trailerman
04-15-2014, 09:35 PM
woops....forgot others here fish that....how do i cancel a post......my bad

Stratos976
04-15-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure Big E knows much about the chick though... He's still looking for a 30# bag there....pffftttt. ;)

Thanks for the report TM....