PDA

View Full Version : This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Pages : [1] 2

Basslife92
07-27-2014, 06:32 PM
If you have any question dealing with Navionics or just want to share information about any of the Navionics products, feel free to post under this thread.

Wayne P.
07-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Navionics Sonar Charts.
That is an extra map layer available with the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum and Navionics+ products.

Sonar Charts is user generated data processed by Navionics to create HD contours wherever you wish.
I have done Chris Green Lake and Hunting Run Res. With at least one other person I know of, Briery Creek Lake and Sandy River Res are HD surveyed also. It is viewed on your Lowrance or Humminbird unit as the FishNChip layer. Garmin and Raymarine are also compatable, but I don't know what the settings to view the maps would be.

Hunting Run was not even an outline in the Navionics data until I submitted the first few recordings.
This is what it looks like and can be viewed on the Navionics web site's Web App*.
*the web app is being re-designed to add more features

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Maps/HRsonarchart_zps15448dbf.jpg (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Maps/HRsonarchart_zps15448dbf.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
07-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Presently there is a glitch with the Nature of Seabed creek/river channel highlighting for more recent re-surveyed locations. They are aware of it-work in progress. If you do an update you may loose that feature until it is corrected.
The highlighting got moved to the Sonar Charts maps and the dotted line channel outlines stayed with the Nautical Charts.
I have not received any messages from Navionics that it is corrected since I notified them about it around the end of May.

FYI----This is what it looks like when functioning properly---Kentucky Lake

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Maps/S00240_zps81ab1d15.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Maps/S00240_zps81ab1d15.png.html)

Wayne P.
07-27-2014, 08:14 PM
As a result of the Sonar Charts data, Briery Creek, Sandy River and Chris Green have updated shorelines that are a lot more accurate than the scanned paper maps that were on the Nautical Charts.

Additionally at Sandy River, the "island" out from the ramp is now gone and its contours are shown on the Sonar Charts layer. The top of the "island" is about at the 15' contour line.

An island and barely visible rock pile near the dam at Briery Creek have been added to the Nautical Chart.
That area was formally represented within the 8'-24' depth range.

Basslife92
07-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Wow thats cool stuff its unbelievable what you can do now. It would be nice to maybe do a Va outdoors Sonar Chart Event somewhere in the state anyone with a Lowrance HDS, Humminbird, Raymarine, Simrad, B&G, and a Garmin can join in on the fun and learn how.

Wayne P.
07-29-2014, 09:21 PM
That was already done at a tournament on the James this year. It was announced on another web site.

Basslife92
08-01-2014, 08:17 PM
That was already done at a tournament on the James this year. It was announced on another web site.
We can do another one on a different body of water like Claytor Lake or Chick Lake.

Wayne P.
08-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Clayer would be a good one since it has some structure elements. It has no contours on the Navionics Nautical Charts and is not even an outline on the Sonar Charts layer.

Chick Lake wouldn't benefit much for a concentrated survey since it is mostly a swamp with very little depth contour.

Basslife92
08-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Navionics has now release Plotter Sync between your Iphone and your Raymarine unit. So if your Iphone or Ipad that has a Navionics App on it you can connect your phone to your Raymarine through WiFi.Plotter Sync allows you to do this from your boat:
• Activate your Navionics+.
• Download new coverage areas and updates to Navionics+ and Navionics Updates.
• Download updates to Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum cards.
• Enhance your SonarCharts™ on any device just by uploading your sonar logs.
You can also Update your Navionics Chart on your Chartplotter to so you will have the latest Nautical Charts, Sonar Charts, and Community edits.

Basslife92
08-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Before you go head north to go smallmouth fishing take a look at Navionics Sonar Charts and the Nautical Charts using your Iphone, Computer or your Navionics card and see how big of a difference it can make. I know it has made a difference for me. 4370

Basslife92
08-13-2014, 01:21 PM
If you have a Lowrance HDS unit and have a Navionics card in the unit here is a video on how to get and use some of the different features. http://youtu.be/xd2BSAOkslo

Basslife92
08-19-2014, 07:53 PM
This is one of my best kept secrets about a Navionics Card in a Lowrance HDS unit. If I'm fishing a lake with many docks in them I always run the Depth Highlight Feature. So if I'm on a dock pattern and I'm catching fish off docks in between a certain depth lets say 10-15 I will go into Chart Option then View and you will see it at the bottom. Once its set everything in white will be between that depth range you have picked. You can find the docks with the right amount of water on the ends of them. This feature is not only good for just docks you can use it for whatever range you want to fish. One thing I like to do first is to take the Safety depth off before running this feature. Give it a try and see how beneficial it can be 4408

Big E
08-20-2014, 08:42 AM
That's a pretty cool feature! definitely can save you time on the water.

Wayne P.
08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
That is a good feature and is not available with Navionics on Humminbird units. It is with Humminbird and Lakemaster, BUT Lakemaster has no coverage in our area yet.

Basslife92
08-25-2014, 12:20 PM
I use a chart+chart+sonar so much I also use to for navigational purposes to like Ill have one chart zoomed in to my location while running and Ill have the other chart zoomed out so I can see further ahead. I also found if you're running the Fish N Chip on it doesn't show you docks for some reason.

Basslife92
08-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Have you tried the Fishing Range or the Water Level feature on the Navionics App? If you fish many reservoirs where the water level will fluctuate from 3ft-25ft the water level feature the whole map will adjust to the water level being down. I know guys fishing South Holston Reservoir love this feature. On top of that you can do the fishing range as well. It gets even better you can turn on the Sonar Charts too and gain even more contours. I have a comparison of the Nautical Charts on the left and the Sonar Charts on the right thats where people have gone out and record Sonar on there Humminbirds, Lowrances, Simrad, Raymarine, and Garmin and uploaded them to Navionics to help improve the chart for you and others. 4421

Basslife92
08-26-2014, 05:17 PM
If you're running a Lowrance HDS with a Navionics Card you never had the option of customizing your Safety Depth it was set on 6,18,30, & 60. It seemed like sometimes I wanted to concentrate on something in between those number but it was just not an option. Well I figured out how to customize and pick the depth I wanted to be displayed in white. First turn off the Safety Depth then go to View go to Depth Highlight Range take your Depth Max and set it to the highest level, then take your Depth Min and set it to your desired depth. So you're turning the Depth Highlight Range into a Depth Range then you can pick whatever depth you want.4422

Wayne P.
08-26-2014, 07:29 PM
I use a chart+chart+sonar so much I also use to for navigational purposes to like Ill have one chart zoomed in to my location while running and Ill have the other chart zoomed out so I can see further ahead. I also found if you're running the Fish N Chip on it doesn't show you docks for some reason.

The lake outline for FishNChip is the same as the Nautical Charts.
Only the contours are different.
Both show the docks.
Have you updated your map card lately?
Have you compared the maps on the Navionics web site's Web App?

Basslife92
08-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes. I update my card before I go fishing every time. Correct it shows you on Navionics WebApp and the Apps for the Phone but for some reason when you turn Fish N Chips on the Lowrance the docks go away, they are there in the Nautical Charts without the Fish N chip. It has never showed me docks when the Fish N Chip is on.If you're ever fishing with a friend that has a Lowrance fish on body of water with many of docks and turn the Fish N mode on and you will them disappear.

Wayne P.
08-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Yes. I update my card before I go fishing every time. Correct it shows you on Navionics WebApp and the Apps for the Phone but for some reason when you turn Fish N Chips on the Lowrance the docks go away, they are there in the Nautical Charts without the Fish N chip. It has never showed me docks when the Fish N Chip is on.If you're ever fishing with a friend that has a Lowrance fish on body of water with many of docks and turn the Fish N mode on and you will them disappear.

Strange. Do you have the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum or the Navionics+ software and do you download the Sonar Charts layer, Community Edits, and Nautical Charts when you do an update?

Sonar Charts is viewed by selecting FishNChip.

I have my Humminbird unit operating as I type this and they are the same on both.
I have the Sturgeon Creek Marina on Lake Anna displayed and it shows the ramps and docks.
I also have the unit set to show all the Chart Details.
I am using the Hotmaps Platinum East region and I download the Sonar Charts layer when I do an update.

Basslife92
09-02-2014, 03:47 PM
If you have a Navionics App on your phone or tablet make sure to update your app every so often. You now can Course Up just tap GPS Icon 3 times.

Basslife92
09-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I have had some questions in the past about the Navionics Update and how it works here is a link showing step by step what to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiB9TJu9T6Q&feature=youtu.be&list=UUfsH8_ZBtDhrT0j3mpDRwog

Basslife92
09-09-2014, 04:29 PM
This has been one of my favorite tools to use before I have a tournament or just fishing. Google Earth and Navionics WebApp have made me a better fishermen. Before I hit the water I study Navionics looking for drops, flats, docks..ect and using Google earth I can see what it looks like checking to see what's around as far as docks and shoreline obstruction. It will maximize your time on the water knowing where to go and not riding around lost. This is how I study a body of water before I go fishing. Whats your favorite way to study lake before you go fishing? 4438

Basslife92
09-21-2014, 09:14 PM
This is one of my most favorite tools to use fishing a lake with many of docks but not all docks will have fish on them. I like to use my Navionics App and break down a creek or a pocket looking for certain dock features. Many of the times I have found fish like to relate to docks with big platform close to the back it produce more shade than a dock with a long walk way going out to the dock. I will look on my App before I go and see the docks in pockets and creeks that have that exact feature. You can get all the docks on your Navionics card when you update it as well. So before you go fishing somewhere that has many of docks give this a shot. 4446

Jim Hemby
09-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Hey Basslife92,
You should hook up with Thomas at Greentop, he is the only person that knows what you know about Navionics.
Tell him I am still looking for a card for my Simrad.

PsuHntr
09-23-2014, 11:47 AM
think Basslife is Thomas...

Basslife92
09-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Hahah you and Anthony figured this out pretty quick. That Simrad has the MSD card holder so you could do the Navionics + thats 179.99 thats one option. You dont have any older Navionics Premium cards?
Hey Basslife92,
You should hook up with Thomas at Greentop, he is the only person that knows what you know about Navionics.
Tell him I am still looking for a card for my Simrad.

Jim Hemby
09-23-2014, 06:22 PM
I have the SD Gold, probably will sell it and get a card that fits into my Rad.
Just messing with you in the earlier post. I was going to say you were gay or something like that but Jeanne would not let me. If you have any time during the week in the upcoming weeks bring a card and lets get out.

Basslife92
09-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Hahah thanks for having my back Jeanne. Well if you have SD Gold you can get the Navionics Update which Gtop got them for $99. Okay that sounds good October is pretty much free for me.

Basslife92
10-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Navionics SonarCharts can keep you safe on certain bodies of water where there is not much data on. If you have ever been on the Pamunkey River it can get a little tricky to run, with Navionics SonarCharts it will give you the freshest data out there so update your App, Navionics +, Update, and Platinum card to make sure you're staying safe on the river. On the left side is Navionics Nautical Charts it comes standard with all of Navionics Cards on the right is SonarCharts a more detailed chart of the river.4453

Basslife92
10-08-2014, 07:53 PM
When doing sonar logging did you know that you can load your sonar logs onto the Navionics Chip with Lowrance and Raymarine.
Just do a Freshest Data update and it ask would you like to upload your sonar logs. Also for those using a Navionics + or Update keep in mind when downloading the body of water that you want to fish just select the body of water itself. You don't want to try selecting the whole state of Virginia because you download a lot of land mass and lakes you will never fish and it will take up room on your Navionics Card.4460

Basslife92
10-13-2014, 09:29 PM
The BFL just announced their schedule for next year the Shenandoah schedule looks really good but the regional is on Lake Wateree in South Carolina I have never fished it have you? But the first thing I did was pull up Navionics to see what kind of lake it is and how its laid out. By the looks of my Navionics App the Lake looks like it has some good ledges not to many creeks going off the main body its only a 13,000 acre lake. Which the regional is in late October and I know creeks can play a big factor during that time of year. 4472

Basslife92
10-19-2014, 08:33 PM
This is something I found on the Navionics App under Magazines. Its Navionics Data of Lake Anna comparing older Navionics Chart to new newer ones and what will you gain on LKA. Also it has some lake statistics on how many creeks, road reds... There are so many useful tools with this app I'm still finding features I didn't know about.4475

Basslife92
10-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Here is a good video from Navionics Pro Josh Douglas explaining the water level feature Navionics offers on the App its a awesome feature to use on the reservoir lakes in Virginia it has came in handy for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nyBVmXeyqE&list=PLAdH-YE9q_W7nwnzbIPNmJ8gFl4Hc9g6I&index=36

Wayne P.
10-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Josh participates on the Navionics sticky topics on the Lowrance and Humminbird forums on Bass Boat Central.

Basslife92
10-23-2014, 08:19 PM
If you're running a Lowrance HDS Touch I highly recommended setting up this format for one of your pages. Its Chart + Chart + Sonar. The reason I set it up like that is when I'm running an unfamiliar body of water I like to have my Navionics chart zoomed in close to my location to make sure I'm staying in a safe depth. Also having another Navionics chart panned out to see what's ahead of me like a creek I might want to go to or which way I need to go to get back to the ramp. Then Ill have my standard sonar screen up as well. If you don't have a Touch you can still do on a HDS G1 or G2 it will just be Chart + Chart but remember when you add an extra chart to the screen you have to switch it over to Navionics.4481

Basslife92
10-28-2014, 07:59 PM
This is another cool feature I like to run using my Navionics Update card in my Lowrance HDS Touch. Chart + Chart + Sonar but this time I use it more for fishing purposes. On one screen I'll have my Navionics pulled up with the depth highlight range that’s under chart option > view then go down to depth highlight range pick what depth you want to concentrate between, make sure your safety depth is off. On the other screen switch it to Navionics as well but this time I’ll have the safety depth at 18 ft. on smaller screen. The reason I like running the depth highlight range and the safety depth at the same time is so I can focus on that certain depth I want to fish but also its easier on my safety depth screen to distinguish channel swings, long points, humps.... If you really want to get fancy add structure scan into the page and cruise around what you have selected for the depth highlight range it will save you a lot of time fishing banks that have nothing on them. 4488

Basslife92
10-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Have you been wondering how to do Navionics SonarCharting but didn't really know how to do it? Well Navionics Paul Michele goes out and shows you how what to do. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMf9-4KH6U&list=UUfsH8_ZBtDhrT0j3mpDRwog

31Airborne
10-31-2014, 08:02 AM
Doods - this has been the best thread to date on this site. Really appreciate the thought, effort that have gone into this. I'm learning a ton.

Basslife92
10-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Thank you very much I appreciate it. If you have any question feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Basslife92
11-04-2014, 05:05 PM
For some reason I cant put up anymore screen shots it says that my quota of KB is maxed out has anyone know anything about this.

31Airborne
11-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Send a PM to Striper and ask him to increase your load limit. Either way, either handle, keep these posts coming. This is great stuff.

THfishing
11-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Problem solved I just created a whole new account. This is a strategy I started using 2 years ago using my Navionics card in my Lowrance. When I'm practicing on a lake what Ill do every decent fish I catch I'll mark it as a waypoint and put the waypoint as a fish icon with a certain color. When I catch a couple of nice fish and I marked them I go back and look at the waypoints on my Navionics Chart studying what kind of contours those fish are relating to also looking for similarity between the fish I caught like creek channel, certain points, the location like toward the mouth of a creek, and stuff like that. Every waypoint you mark it it records the depth you marked that waypoint in. So I catch a couple of nice fish I mark them I look at the depth I marked the boat and what kind of point or something I need to be looking for. Then you can duplicate that pattern and look on your Navionics Chart and find something with the same characteristics throughout the whole lake. Next time your out fishing give it try and see if it helps you pattern the fish better.4495

THfishing
11-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Send a PM to Striper and ask him to increase your load limit. Either way, either handle, keep these posts coming. This is great stuff.

Okay thank you very much I will send him a PM.

THfishing
11-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Navionics will be accepting Competitors Charts for Navionics Updates Card very soon. Do you have a Lakemaster, C-Map, Garmin, Insight, Fishing Hot Spots, or LightHouse and wish you could get those SonarCharts on this unit it will be possible shortly.

THfishing
11-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Can you guess what lake this is by using your Navionics App or the WebApp? Give you a hint its within 200 miles of Richmond Va. http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en 4498

Wayne P.
11-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Can you guess what lake this is by using your Navionics App or the WebApp? Give you a hint its within 200 miles of Richmond Va. http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en 4498

Don't have to guess. I have never fished that lake Southwest of Raleigh. Been by it several times though.

THfishing
11-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Its Shearon Harris its a fisher worth checking out its outstanding the quality of fish. Its like fishing the Hot Side of LKA but 10 times bigger fish.

THfishing
11-19-2014, 07:57 PM
I had the opportunity to see the new SonarChart Live 2 weeks ago. This is the latest a greatest feature if there is an area you want a little bit more data on you can go over and scan it and when you reach wifi signal it automatically sends the information you have record to Navionics for them to process in 3-5 day. Then you can go back and update your app and card. Plus you get sonar on your phone this is excellent for Kayak fishermen, pond hopper, and sailors. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFyYNBBCIFc&sns=em

Basslife92
12-24-2014, 05:32 PM
If you want to know more about all the different features you can do Navionics App or on your unit I'll be doing a presentation at the Richmond Fishing Expo Friday at 1:00 and Saturday 11 and 2. If you like this thread you will like the presentation. Please come with questions.

Wayne P.
01-17-2015, 09:24 PM
If you want to know more about all the different features you can do Navionics App or on your unit I'll be doing a presentation at the Richmond Fishing Expo Friday at 1:00 and Saturday 11 and 2. If you like this thread you will like the presentation. Please come with questions.

Excellent presentation and details.

THfishing
03-02-2015, 10:03 PM
If you watching the Bassmaster Classic last weekend you saw how critical it was fishing drop offs, and creek channel swings with brush piles near by. Most of the professional I saw were running a Navionics card on their Chart. Many of them wanted the freshest data out on the market and you can get that data from Navionics SonarChart. You can get this kind of detail on your sonar/chartplotter by getting the Navionics Update, +, or update as well being able to do SonarChart logs and send it to Navionics so they can create a more detailed map. Check and see if your unit is capable of viewing the SonarCharts as well as doing SonarChart logs.http://www.navionics.com/sites/www.navionics.com/files/documents/americas_compatibilityguide.pdf. This Nautical Charts on the left side and on the right side is SonarChart. 4574

THfishing
03-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Tip of the week: Saving as much time on the water is critical, especially when you have limited time to practice. Many of us have set down and study a paper map before we go somewhere to see where we would like to fish. Before I go fishing somewhere I will study the Navionics App and enter waypoints on the places that I want to fish so when I hit the water I have a good understanding of the body of water and know where I want to go. You can track yourself while you are fishing and pull up your track to see the distance you have traveled and see you max speed as well as see the waypoints you have missed. 4575

31Airborne
03-10-2015, 07:32 AM
I use this feature a lot. You are absolutely dead on - it is a great way to optimize your practice time.

THfishing
03-10-2015, 08:37 AM
You get three different Icon choices with the App so what ill do is mark certain stuff with one icon. So like all the boat docks I want to fish I will mark them with the red house icon but the points I want to fish ill mark them with the blue pin.

THfishing
03-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Check this out this is no doubt this easy way to do sonar recording threw you Iphone or Ipad. This is a Vexilar transducer that connects to your Iphone or Ipad through wifi so you can view sonar on your phone. But now they came make it link with your Navionics App on your phone so while you're watching SonarCharts being created Live while you're fishing. When you get home it automatically sends it to Navionics.4578

THfishing
03-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Have an Ipad and want another chart screen? You can with the Navionics App for the Ipads. I bought an awesome mount for the Ipad its made by SeaSucker and its sturdy. Having my Ipad with me gives me the option to use Google Earth on the water so I can see the characteristics of certain banks.4586

Wayne P.
03-23-2015, 02:40 PM
The darker areas are a couple of Sonar Charts Live recordings I did Saturday.

This whole lake is a result of Navionics Sonar Charts.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Maps/HRscLive_zpsfalpejsz.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Maps/HRscLive_zpsfalpejsz.png.html)

THfishing
03-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Nice SonarCharts Live is amazing its quick and easy and you can go move faster and still record sonar.

THfishing
03-23-2015, 08:48 PM
If you want to learn more about Navionics and how to read a chart for prespawn bass fishing I will be hosting a free online seminar that will be cover different feature you can do on the App as well as what to look for while bass are making that transition. Ill be giving the presentation on March 31 at 7:30pm https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7183186795426875905

ExFishHead
03-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Great job on the Webinar Tom, thanks for doing this. I actually purchased an upgrade while you were speaking. Have a lot to go through and learn how to use now other than the waypoints. Just need to get out there and play around w/ this App. Thanks again, please keep us updated on any other Webinars that you have coming up, great info!!

THfishing
03-31-2015, 10:14 PM
Thank you for joining the Webinar im glad you learned something. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Also look through this thread I have many good examples of the different features you can do with the Navionics App.

THfishing
04-07-2015, 09:00 PM
If you fish many small lakes in Virginia and want a map to go by, check out the Navionics SonarCharts. 4611 or if you want to see more SonarCharts of different bodies of water check out. http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en

THfishing
04-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Navionics has a sale on their Platinum Cards tell the end of April save up to thirty dollars! I love using the Platinum card with the photo overlay, specially when you turn on the 3D mode it really gives you a good perspective on how the contours fall in place. http://www.navionics.com/en/hotmaps-platinum-1 4624

THfishing
04-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Navionics will now be accepting all competitor chips for the Navionics Update. Do you have a LakeMaster, Insight Genesis, C Map, Fish N Hot Spots you can now get the Update with Navionics SonarCharts for $99 you can update as many times as you would like within 1 year. As well as download as many bodies of water up to 2GBS. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

THfishing
04-28-2015, 07:04 PM
I have a Free Webinar May 19th from 7-8pm I will be discussing how to use your Lowrance HDS with your Navionics Card don't forget to sign up!
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6550314499868292865

THfishing
05-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Have you ever payed attention to the obstruction that is on your Navionics card? Like a old bridge, railroad, wreck, stumps, rocks... Try it out next time I find many of those obstruction are really good to fish they get overlooked a lot. Ride over it with SS and see whats down there. Its a good way to find new spots too in a high pressured body of water.4637

THfishing
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Do you want a Navionics Card and have a competitors card? Navionics is now accepting any competitor's card SD card for a activation for a Navionics Update Card. If you have a Humminbird (LakeMaster), Lowrance (Insight), Raymarine (Lighthouse), C-Map, Garmin, and Furuno. So if you want those 1ft contours in Fresh and Saltwater the update is your ticket.

THfishing
05-11-2015, 09:03 PM
To those who are running Lowrance Elite 4,5,7,9 HDI and Chirp with a Navionics Card you can now do changes in the engine will allow users to access more features on their Navionics card while in Advanced Mode. This includes Chart Details, Presentation, Easy View, Community Edits, Depth Highlights, Safety Depth, Contours Depth, Rock Depth and Shallow Water. To do that you first go into system click advanced X, then go to your settings under chart and > on setting and there you go now you can customize your Chart screen with your Navionics Card.

THfishing
05-18-2015, 09:16 AM
How do you break down body of water before you go and fish it? Study your Navionics, Google Earth, fishing reports, or just wing it? I want to know how others break down a body of water.ds

THfishing
05-18-2015, 09:21 AM
How do you plan on improving your electronics skills this year? Watching Youtube, asking other people, or looking on this thread? What do you want to learn about your electronics this year?

31Airborne
05-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Sure hope you, Wayne P, and others keep this one going. Have learned a ton from y'all. My plan is to continue to explore and exploit. Some upgrades to learn so I'll be bust the next few weeks. Really appreciate the effort you, others are putting into this thread.

Jim Hemby
05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
I plan to use my chart every day for the summer creating patterns for Stripers. You the Man Thomas!

THfishing
05-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Thats right your going to know every contour in LKA. I'm looking to do some online videos on using your HDS and using your Navionics Cards so people have something to refer back too.

Big E
05-21-2015, 08:41 AM
That will be cool Thomas! I'm still learning the unit we got. Going to play with it some more this weekend.

THfishing
05-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Nice send me a PM with your email and I have a PowerPoint on how to set your HDS and your Navionics up.

THfishing
05-26-2015, 10:09 PM
One thing I like about summer is finding new spot on Va lakes and I find most of my spots by studying my Navionics while sitting at home. Download the Navionics App on your phone or tablet and get to marking waypoints! You can break down a creek faster than ever by looking at the map and finding the sweet spots throughout the creek.

THfishing
06-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Check out the new Navionics SonarCharts contours all the way out to 1000ft. Thats some deep dropping at the finest. 4666

THfishing
06-03-2015, 08:24 PM
This is awesome stuff if you have an old Navionics card or any from the following picture you can get the Navionics Update card for $99! Its a brand new card YOU pick where YOU want to go anywhere in the U.S. and Canada up to 2GBS that's more lakes than I can fish in a year. Dont forget you get a year free of software update for FREE! 4667

THfishing
06-09-2015, 09:03 PM
I will be hosting a FREE Webinar on how to catch more fish on a swimbait during the summer months. I will be cover techniques, different types of baits, and what to look for. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3321412788203038722

THfishing
06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
What is your favorite part of the Navionics App and why?

Wayne P.
06-12-2015, 01:37 PM
What is your favorite part of the Navionics App and why?

Use with a Sonarphone for Sonar Charts Live. Real time contour mapping.

THfishing
06-14-2015, 08:46 PM
SonarChart Live is the simplest process I have found to record sonar, no memory card, no computer, just sends straight to them.

THfishing
06-17-2015, 09:21 PM
For those running a Lowrance HDS unit I put together a quick video on changing your safety depth if you don't know where its located at I would take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62t4QE_4HU

THfishing
06-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Another FREE Webinar! Ill be hosting another Webinar July 20th from 7-8pm on how to catch more fishing using your Lowrance Structure Scan. I will be cover settings, breaking it down on how to read whats what and how to catch the fish you see on your structure scan. Hope you can join. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2226411357124282626

THfishing
06-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Check out the SonarChart Live I found this spot I use to crush stripers off of with topwater and swimbaits, but I noticed that the contours were off just a tick, so I went over the area with SonarChart Live and POWW all fixed. 4684

THfishing
07-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Cant wait to make it back to Lake Ontario and fish this spot again. Finding humps and sharp breaks with Navionics SonarChart is easy now. You can get this detail on your unit by getting the Nav Update. 4687

THfishing
07-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Running a Low GEN 3 and have a Navionics App? Well now you can do Navionics SonarChart Live through your Low GEN 3 all you do is pick the wifi setting on your phone and go to the app and click SonarChart Live and BOOM! SonarChart made easy. Trying to find time to get out on the water and get some screen shots!

THfishing
07-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Would anybody be interested in participating in a Navionics SonarChart event on Chickahominy Lake to try and gather some data on the lake? Its a good excuse to go fishing!4693

THfishing
07-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Had the opportunity to finally break in the Lowrance Gen 3 while doing some Navionics SonarChart Live. I just connected my Ipad to my unit went to my app and click SonarChart Live and we were going. This is going to change things big time. Dont forget to Update your card there might be some new information on the Pamunkey River.4694

THfishing
07-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Dont forget to get the new Navionics preloaded Plus it comes preloaded with with lakes and river from the east coast to the west and Canada it's a 16gb its taking place of the regular plus.

THfishing
07-17-2015, 10:33 AM
If you have a Lowrance Gen 3, Raymarine Wifi Fish, and a Vexilar unit you have to try SonarChart Live its the easiest way to record sonar. Plus you get to see the contours adjusting right in front of your face. Then when you hit Wifi signal the information automatically gets sent to Navionics. Feel free to PM if you want to learn more about SonarChart Live.

THfishing
07-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Want to know if you can do Navionics SonarChart Live here is a link to see if your module is capable of doing it. http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarcharts-live-compatibility-guide

THfishing
07-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Have you updated your Navionics App lately? Notice any changes on the Auto Routing? By far the most easiest way to configure your trip running from point A to point B Im loving it! 4697

Wayne P.
08-02-2015, 12:03 PM
The Mobile App has a setting to highlight depth to show where about the body of water a pattern may be established. In this case, it was the thermocline pattern. I set the Map Options Fishing Mode for 18'-22'
(white areas) to shorten the time locating the intersection of the thermocline and bottom.
I had one of my Android tablets with me doing some Sonar Charts Live to tweak some contour areas, and took advantage of that feature.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Maps/Screenshot_2015-08-02-11-00-37_zpse6gucs9o.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Maps/Screenshot_2015-08-02-11-00-37_zpse6gucs9o.png.html)

THfishing
08-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Thats awsome Wayne good detail and good work on SonarChart Live on Sandy River! Did you catch any fish in the thermocline?

Wayne P.
08-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Thats awsome Wayne good detail and good work on SonarChart Live on Sandy River! Did you catch any fish in the thermocline?

The thermocline was at 22', I caught them just above it. That is why I used that range for the highlighting. 27 bass.

I do a lake profile to determine the thermocline this time of year and that is typically the pattern that is productive.
Most of the the Sonar Charts contours were done with my Humminbirds before the Sonarphone/Navionics thing started.
At least one other person has been doing some sonar logs there. I see the changes occasionally on the Web App. The hump out from the ramp has been changed since I did a detailed sonar log for it during the Winter.
I have been tweaking some areas with the mobile Live version.
I use the iOS and Android versions of the Mobile App. Just got an updated Andriod version today, there were some fixes that were for the version released Wednesday.

PsuHntr
08-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Do either of you know if it is possible to transfer your waypoints on the mobile app to a different device? I had about 200 waypoints saved on my navionics mobile app but then got a new phone and it doesn't seem that the waypoints transferred?

THfishing
08-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Your waypoints can transfer if you have your data sync with a another device like a Ipad. 200 points are the max on the App. But I would try and restore the purchase and see if they come back.

THfishing
08-18-2015, 12:51 PM
The Lowrance Elite units are getting very popular lately its the best bang for your buck. So the Elite 5 chirp base is $499 and the Elite 7 chirp is $699. They will both come with Insight USA from Lowrance so its a preloaded map from the factory. Now Lowrance does offer a bundle which means it will come with a Navionics + preloaded card that's preloaded with everything in U.S. and Canada but then you can download the SonarCharts of the bodies of water you want. Its a $70 difference you will pay. So you're getting a $200 Navionics card for $70. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202015%20elite_zpsprbqy8rn.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202015%20elite_zpsprbqy8rn.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
08-18-2015, 06:37 PM
The Lowrance Elite units are getting very popular lately its the best bang for your buck. So the Elite 5 chirp base is $499 and the Elite 7 chirp is $699. They will both come with Insight USA from Lowrance so its a preloaded map from the factory. Now Lowrance does offer a bundle which means it will come with a Navionics + preloaded card that's preloaded with everything in U.S. and Canada but then you can download the SonarCharts of the bodies of water you want. Its a $70 difference you will pay. So you're getting a $200 Navionics card for $70. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202015%20elite_zpsprbqy8rn.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202015%20elite_zpsprbqy8rn.jpg.html)

I'll be fishing 6-12 miles Northeast of that location in about 1 1/2 months.

THfishing
08-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Lucky you. Its a awesome place wonderful SonarCharts of the lake too.

THfishing
08-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Want better charts to go boating on the Chickahominy Lake? There will be a Navionics SonarChart recording day on Chickahominy Lake to help improve the map for you and others. We will meet at Ed Allens Campground at 8:00Am and we will fish/record until 3:00pm. This recording day will help keep people safe boating on the lake. Check to see if your units is capable of doing Navionics SonarChart by visiting http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial. Feel free to PM if you would like to know more about this event. This is an example of before and after of how SonarChart works. There is no information on Chick Lake and I would like to change that. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2042_zpsw6vr4szm.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2042_zpsw6vr4szm.jpg.html)

THfishing
08-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Have you update your Navionics App lately? I just did some things have changed around like going into your map options by clicking on the Sonar Chart Live Button. You can now pick the heading sensors. You can now change the color of the SonarChart Live recording you have done. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/SCL%20before%20and%20After_zpskhxctxlj.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/SCL%20before%20and%20After_zpskhxctxlj.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Have you updated your maps lately? New information has been added on Chickahominy Lake from SonarChart recordings that I did 2 weeks ago, and it's going to get even better! http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2045_zpspfplueb7.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2045_zpspfplueb7.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Found this new function on the Navionics App that I love. Instead of trying to find a certain body of water you want to look at on the App, or you just can not find it click the magnify button and click search and type in the name of the body of water your looking for and it will take you right to it. As well pull up any article about the place you are going. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0401_zpsgtvrmvmk.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0401_zpsgtvrmvmk.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Get ready to update your Navionics Cards or App in the next couple of days of the Chick Lake. I recorded a lot of good information in creeks and the main lake. Check out the SonarChart Live I did with the Gen 3. I did wide grids on my sweeps tough the lower half of the lake. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0405_zps6egapn6w.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0405_zps6egapn6w.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
09-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Another useful Navionics map tool.

If there is a thermocline present, you can eliminate all the contour lines that are below the thermocline so you only get contours where you want to look for fish.
This is the Mobile App with all the contours deeper than 20' turned off.

The setting is Depth Contours in the Map Options:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Maps/Screenshot_2015-09-13-21-10-00_zpsxusrhgsr.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Maps/Screenshot_2015-09-13-21-10-00_zpsxusrhgsr.png.html)

THfishing
09-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Cool screenshot Wayne P, what's your favorite feature using the Navionics and how does it benefit your fishing?

Wayne P.
09-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Cool screenshot Wayne P, what's your favorite feature using the Navionics and how does it benefit your fishing?

Just like the above example, using the depth highlight with the Fishing Mode on the mobile app or Depth Shading with the Humminbird units, I can set those ranges to match the depth pattern to eliminate water and only concentrate of possible fish locations of humps, points, cuts, creek channels, etc.

Thursday, I was concentrating on the depths between the top of the thermocline and outside edge of submerged weeds--12'-17'. That eliminated all the water shallower and deeper. I did not waste time looking for or fishing where there were no fish.

THfishing
09-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Do you know about your SonarChart table you have listed under your account? If you have sent it SonarChart recordings and you want to know the status go to your account and go to processing logs. It will be a list of all the recordings you have sent in.http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%209.22.39%20AM_zpsk093q3ba.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%209.22.39%20AM_zpsk093q3ba.png.html)
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%209.23.06%20AM_zpscy7cfgwb.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%209.23.06%20AM_zpscy7cfgwb.png.html)

THfishing
10-01-2015, 08:29 PM
The rain has came and more is coming. How much do you think the water level will rise at Buggs, Anna, and Smith? If it does you can adjust the water level feature on the Navionics App so you can fish the appropriate contours depending on your situation.http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0408_zpsxtcbb17f.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0408_zpsxtcbb17f.jpg.html)

THfishing
10-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Have you seen this helpful tool on the Navionics App? Lets say your boat broke down and you need to find the closest marine repair shop well you can go to your Navionics App and pull up Marine Repair and all the repair shops close to you will pop up. You will be back on the water in know time http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0413_zpsplx4oqhg.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0413_zpsplx4oqhg.jpg.html)

THfishing
10-19-2015, 03:45 PM
How old is your Navionics card? Do you think there is new information that has been added? Its time to Update your card! If your using a Navionics Premium, Gold, Silver, or a competitors card its time to get the Navionics Update card. With your new card you can download anywhere in the U.S. and Canada up to 2GBS. You also gain SonarChart thats 1ft contours in lakes and rivers. You can add and update your new card as many times as you would like within that first year. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Anna%20before%20and%20after_zpsecfuygve.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Anna%20before%20and%20after_zpsecfuygve.jpg.html)

THfishing
10-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Whats your favorite screen to run on your Lowrance? I like the combination of Chart, Sonar, Side scan, and Down Scan. I have been running my Side scan at 120ft, it helps me pick up anything way over to the left and the right I typically wouldn't see on a smaller scale. I love having my Navionics chart presented so I can follow the contours. Also when I mark a waypoint I can study the contours seeing what depth I marked the obstruction in and what depth I need to be keying in.http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/shot023_zpsbtrhqmxc.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/shot023_zpsbtrhqmxc.jpg.html)

gnfsnva
10-26-2015, 12:38 PM
I really need to upgrade...

Big E
10-26-2015, 02:52 PM
I use the side, down, and sonar together mostly.

THfishing
10-27-2015, 09:57 AM
There is many different ways you can run the screens, but having the option of all 4 prevents you from flipping pages constantly.

31Airborne
10-27-2015, 12:36 PM
I use the 3D down, 2D down, and side scan screens when I'm on water I know; 3d down, sidescan, and map when I'm on new water

THfishing
10-29-2015, 07:32 PM
Thats awesome set up 31Airborne thanks for the input! Does anyone like to do structure overlay on the Chart?

THfishing
11-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Do you fish the hot side at Lake Anna? Do you want information on the hot side? Check out Navionics Web App and see the detail.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2050_zpsqrs4g3cg.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2050_zpsqrs4g3cg.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Its that time of the year where the fish start to migrate to the back of creeks. Drop up to 200 waypoints on the Navionics App on all your spots you want to hit this fall.http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0308_zpsxtorwuse.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0308_zpsxtorwuse.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-12-2015, 09:47 AM
When was the last time you update your Card or App? Have you seen the Autorouting feature it goes from dock to dock. Screen shot coming.

THfishing
11-12-2015, 10:11 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0423_zpsfgwndbqr.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0423_zpsfgwndbqr.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-23-2015, 08:37 PM
In the market for a new fish finder? Check out the Lowrance Elite units bundled with the Navionics+ Preloaded. Your getting a $199 card for only $70 extra dollars. It come preloaded with every body of water U.S. and Canada. You download the places you want the 1ft SonarChart detail at. Any question feel free to PM me. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0375_zps7o1clppv.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0375_zps7o1clppv.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-30-2015, 10:59 AM
What did you buy any marine electronics during Black Friday? If so what did you get?

THfishing
11-30-2015, 12:18 PM
How many of you are using the Navionics Platinum? If so how do you like using your Platinum? Do you use the Photo Overlay, Transparency, and Shading? I like to run all 3 at times depends on my location. This is an example of all 3.http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Plat_zpsfbvqsovw.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Plat_zpsfbvqsovw.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
11-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Yep, I have a Platinum card, no I don't use the photos, 3D, or satellite overlay. I use the Depth Highlighting.
I got the Platinum about 6 months before the Sonar Charts program started so I could use that feature when it was activated in the US. That was before Navionics+ came out.

THfishing
12-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Lets talk about breaking down map and studying everything in that area. To make a spot a productive spot it has to have certain elements in it especially during this time of year. Ill show you the things I like to look for this time of year. First things first I start on my Navionics App and look for a channel close by it could be 200ft or 2ft all depends. That channel is going to by the highway for bait and fish all you got to find is the rest stop. Then I look for feeding zones flats near deep water, drop offs, rock, and water clarity. Once you find all the elements near by its finding the right time to be there. You might have to hit the same spot multiple times throughout the day to find the right time. I mean typically I'm hungry around the same time everyday and so is the fish. TIMING IS CRITICAL! From there I'm keying on my Lowrance HDS watching the sonar and structure scan. Im looking for the depth the fish are located at. Once I find the depth the bait is located at I pick up the right bait for the job. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0432%201_zpsjnlwx40l.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0432%201_zpsjnlwx40l.jpg.html)

J.Cash
12-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Wow the info on this thread is great. Thanks for sharing all of this!

THfishing
12-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Your welcome!

THfishing
12-07-2015, 07:41 PM
I studied my Navionics for a tournament this past weekend and it payed off. Found a couple areas we never pay attention to and ended up catching two chuncks from the areas I found. Finding those overlooked spots between A and B can make a difference. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2053_zpsjl7fyrga.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2053_zpsjl7fyrga.jpg.html)

ExFishHead
12-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Great bag young man! 21lbs on Anna is Awesome! Are you guiding anytime soon? Or maybe an online Jerkbait tutorial?

J.Cash
12-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Care to share what you found? Flatt? point? ect ect....What do you key on in the winter?

THfishing
12-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Great bag young man! 21lbs on Anna is Awesome! Are you guiding anytime soon? Or maybe an online Jerkbait tutorial?

Thank you sir! Hahah no guiding but maybe a online jerkbait tutorial.

THfishing
12-08-2015, 09:05 AM
We found most of the located on the bottom between 15-20ft. The bait was located on the bottom and that gave us a sign what we had to do.The fish were scattered pick up one here and one there.

Bassmstr7
12-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Great job as usual Thomas. You guys are hard to beat there in the winter. I knew that last result you guys had of 1 fish was the ol "rope-a-dope":cool:

dirtman
12-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Thomas......put in a word please to Chris at SCM. We ALL like to see the results of these tournaments in a timely manner, especially if we can't fish. Thanks.

THfishing
12-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Will do I tell him next sunday. He normally post the results on Facebook and the Website on Mondays but I have not seen any.

THfishing
12-12-2015, 08:29 PM
With this warm weather some fish might be moving to the shallows and I want to prepare for it. I'll take my safety depth and move it to a shallower setting like 6. Then I look for transition zones where they possible move up shallow to rocks, stumps, and docks. Also Ill look for areas close to deeper water,where they can pull back off to after the weather changes. Its a puzzle that you will never finish. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0439_zpsvgvvfdl4.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0439_zpsvgvvfdl4.jpg.html)

THfishing
12-14-2015, 07:15 PM
How important is Navionics SonarChart? Its very important because there is constantly new information being added. With SonarCharts it keeps a chart updated because its drawing from the information participants are sending in. Everybody is sharing information with each other. This is an example of a spot I found on the Navionics App thats a prime example of SonarChart. On the left is Navionics information that they have recorded and on the right is an example of Navionics SonarChart the information people have send in. You can see the high spot on the right and you see the channel bumping up against it. That might be a ideal spot to try. I would not have found that spot without using Navionics SonarChart. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2056_zpszc4mto8o.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2056_zpszc4mto8o.jpg.html)

Stratos976
12-15-2015, 08:02 AM
That's a good creek ;)

Thanks for the example, I love the Navionics + card I have, I can check the web app or my mobile app to see if ther have been updates have been made to sonar charts, and then if I want, I can update the card for My unit.

THfishing
12-17-2015, 07:20 PM
I know thats a very good point. If your using a Navionics card that has the SonarChart feature check the Web App or mobile App to see if any changes that have been added to your lake or river. http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en-

Wayne P.
12-17-2015, 08:19 PM
I have been doing that since the Sonar Charts program started to check the application of uploaded sonar logs I have done (200+). Sometimes the Web App will have the new data but the download server doesn't, so I wait a couple of days before doing a map card update.

THfishing
12-17-2015, 08:41 PM
I enjoy studying my Navionics App every chance I get. I am constantly look for something I might have missed before. I want to find something know body has found before. I like to fish creek channels all year long because its a highway for fish to move in or out of a creek. The tough part is finding a productive creek channel. Using the Navionics App helped me located more productive creek channels by looking for small little feeder creeks feeding into the creek. Typically a creek is not going to stop its going to flow into another ect... By finding the creeks that have feeders located in the back using the App I simply mark them on and when I hit the water I'll use my electronics and find channel and any structure located near the channel. Some might be more defined than others but it has help me put more fish in the boat this year. I think many people look over this feature on the App so I hope its as productive for you has it has been for me. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0444_zpsevbzoo1f.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0444_zpsevbzoo1f.jpg.html)
PS..... if you win any money from using this feature I get percentage. Hahaha JK.

THfishing
12-28-2015, 11:32 AM
What did you get Christmas? New Lowrance or a Navionics Card?

THfishing
12-28-2015, 11:38 AM
New software update for Lowrance was released on December 21 for HDS Gen 3 and Gen 2 Touch units. Here is the link to the software update or bring your unit by Green Top Sporting Goods and we do free software updates.
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/

THfishing
12-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Have you tried the Navionics App for free for a week? If you havent already downloaded the Nav App you can now download it for free for a week.

just1more
12-29-2015, 09:36 AM
I bought the app a few weeks ago and like it. I sent you a PM but I have another question. I'm not a big fan of side scan. I'm more about studying the nav map and looking with down imaging and standard sonar. I like the chirp too. What's the widest beam angle that lowrance offers having down imaging?

THfishing
12-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Down imaging your not going to be looking at a wide cone angle because its more like a lazer being shot to the bottom. 800Khz would be the widest cone angle for deeper water but its not going to be as wide as you would think. Side scan will be your best friend, I use side scan, sonar, and chart 95% of the time. The only time Ill go to down scan is if I dont know what a image is on sonar. I can pick up rocks, brush, ... stuff 100ft out to the side of the boat that I would have never found unless the sonar/ downscan transducers was over top of it.

just1more
12-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Got it. Good info and thanks.

Wayne P.
12-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Down imaging your not going to be looking at a wide cone angle because its more like a lazer being shot to the bottom. 800Khz would be the widest cone angle for deeper water but its not going to be as wide as you would think. Side scan will be your best friend, I use side scan, sonar, and chart 95% of the time. The only time Ill go to down scan is if I dont know what a image is on sonar. I can pick up rocks, brush, ... stuff 100ft out to the side of the boat that I would have never found unless the sonar/ downscan transducers was over top of it.

455 kHz has the widest and deepest coverage for Down Scan, Down Imaging, DownVu, and Down Vision. Same goes for the side versions.

Copied from the Lowrance website about Down Scan:

"Dual 455/800 kHz Coverage
Selectable 455 kHz sounding for wider and deeper sonar imaging
coverage, with 800 kHz for enhanced viewing of targeted locations"

Humminbird's 800 kHz Down Imaging spec coverage is 45 degrees and 455 kHz is 75 degrees.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/DI%20Wide%20Coverage_zpsnk4sw1ld.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/DI%20Wide%20Coverage_zpsnk4sw1ld.png.html)

Stratos976
12-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Just from playing with my sounders, in particular the Humminbird 859 HD DI I have on the bow.
The Down imaging is wider but narrow, just like Wayne's pic shows. This past sunday I was out, mainly to play with my sounders. I was bouncing a 1/4oz silver buddy in 15fow and adjusting settings till I liked what i saw. The DI would show the bladebait @ the bottom further out to the left or right than the 2D would show it, but if the boat moved to fast it would easily move out of the beam. It was easier to track it in the 2D foward and backwards

THfishing
12-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the post Wayne thats good information to know I might have had the 800 and 455 backwards. Many people dont run a 83Khz even though its a wider few.

THfishing
01-04-2016, 05:34 PM
For those wanting to learn more about their electronics I'll be hosting seminars at the Richmond Fishing Expo about Lowrance and Navionics. I will be discussing the Navionics App and all the functions that can help you catch more fish. Also I will be discussing how set up your Lowrance HDS with your Navionics card. The seminars will be Friday and Saturday at 2:00pm and 6:00 pm both days.

THfishing
01-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Its the start of a new year and a new fishing season. Time to Update your Navionics card for the latest SonarCharts, Community Edits, and Nautical Charts. Add anywhere in the U.S. and Canada that you are planning to fish. Many charts can change in 1 year from SonatCharts. As you can see Josh Douglas is doing some traveling this year.http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/487533_10207327737465589_1773011067494115219_n_zps b6hlscvy.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/487533_10207327737465589_1773011067494115219_n_zps b6hlscvy.jpg.html)

THfishing
01-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Lowrance Structure Scan 3D has been installed on the boat. Its a nightmare instead of having one cord you have to cords a 2D cord and a 3D cord with two seperate ends that plug into the box plus they come up to a Y splitter. But hey, it will be worth it in the long run. Im hitting the water Sunday and Monday to play with it screen shots will be coming specially during the seminar at the fishing expo.

Wayne P.
01-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Lowrance Structure Scan 3D has been installed on the boat. Its a nightmare instead of having one cord you have to cords a 2D cord and a 3D cord with two seperate ends that plug into the box plus they come up to a Y splitter. But hey, it will be worth it in the long run. Im hitting the water Sunday and Monday to play with it screen shots will be coming specially during the seminar at the fishing expo.

Take some screen shots in less than 5' depths with at least 100' range (200 'bottom coverage) for Side Scan.

THfishing
01-11-2016, 05:46 PM
I got some screen shots I took most of them in deeper water, I didn't check the thread before I went out. I did notice the 3d works better at idling speed and when your in shallower water of course your range shrinks in. It is going to take some playing around with it it find the best settings for the 3d. As far as the 2d side scan its a pretty picture I can see a major improvement from the lss-2 to the new lss-3. I'm looking forward to using it more this winter. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/shot019_zps74q2dn2w.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/shot019_zps74q2dn2w.jpg.html)

Bassmstr7
01-11-2016, 09:22 PM
looks more like a mammogram to me

THfishing
01-13-2016, 07:49 PM
Want to learn more about the Navionics App and how you can apply it to fishing in Virginia? Maybe how to use your Lowrance HDS unit? Come out to the Richmond Fishing Expo ill be giving seminars on all that stuff Friday 11:00 am & 6:00 Pm, Saturday at 11:00 and 6:00. If additional questions I'll be in the Green Top Sporting Goods booth.

THfishing
01-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Navionics SonarChart Live makes recording sonar simple. If your running a Lowrance HDS Gen 3 you have to try out SonarChart Live. Purchase the Navionics App on your phone if you haven't done so already connect your phone to the unit through the GoFree, open the App and watch SonarChart Live start recording. I found a spot that needed some correction I simply idled across the area 2 times and saw the correction and the information got sent to Navionics and it will be available to in a couple of days. Hook, Line, Sinker, Done. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2059_zpszqufcelx.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2059_zpszqufcelx.jpg.html)

THfishing
01-15-2016, 11:33 AM
I apologize my seminar at the fishing expo is at 2:00 and 6:00 Pm on Navionics and Lowrance.

THfishing
01-19-2016, 10:11 PM
How to manage the waypoints on the Navionics App. I have found marking waypoints on my Navionics App to be very helpful. I mark waypoints on the App to help me get an idea on what and how I want to fish. Its like practicing before practicing. So you have 4 different waypoints options you can choose from on the App. When I want to fish a boat dock pattern I mark all the ideal boat docks in the red house Icon. Then Ill mark the green fish Icon for good fishing areas where I have caught fish before. Ill mark new locations I want to try with the blue pin and Ill mark deep water humps creek channels with the anchor Icon. Now you can name the waypoints if you would like I normally but the date. You can come up with your own method of madness to fit your style of fishing. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2060_zpsxxyqrdkc.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2060_zpsxxyqrdkc.jpg.html)

THfishing
01-21-2016, 06:52 PM
For those that participate in Navionics SonarChart program you can go back and view your logs that you have summited. It will also take you back and you can view your track you summited and you can notice the changes that were made. Just log in to your account and go to account settings and then Sonar Logs. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/SCL%20log_zpstiwhsbyq.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/SCL%20log_zpstiwhsbyq.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
01-21-2016, 10:39 PM
For those that participate in Navionics SonarChart program you can go back and view your logs that you have summited. It will also take you back and you can view your track you summited and you can notice the changes that were made. Just log in to your account and go to account settings and then Sonar Logs. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/SCL%20log_zpstiwhsbyq.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/SCL%20log_zpstiwhsbyq.jpg.html)

Thanks, I have over 200 I can review, LOL

THfishing
01-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Navionics Tip of the week! To find steep drop offs I have found filter your depth contour and adjusting your safety depth to be very effective. Depending on the time of year I will change this feature. By filter the depth contours from ALL to 13ft that eliminates all the contours 13ft or deeper. By adjusting my Depth Shading to 7ft I know that will cover 1 first break. So Ill look on the App for where the contours are the closest together thats indicating a steeper drop. You can get creative and filter these two features to suit your style of fishing and please post screen shots on what depths worked best for you. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0462_zpsofixifal.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0462_zpsofixifal.jpg.html)

THfishing
02-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Want to save money this fishing season? Start with the new Navionics Preloaded Plus it combines lakes and coastal areas all on one card and you can download SonarCharts to the card. Thats one foot contours in lakes and rivers.

just1more
02-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Question. Is there a way to delete unwanted way points without deleting them all?

Wayne P.
02-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Question. Is there a way to delete unwanted way points without deleting them all?

Yes, this is a video how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBC7Q2uPJaE

just1more
02-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Well that was simple lol. Thanks Wayne.

just1more
02-07-2016, 05:51 AM
As I understand it, the reason people use the iPad for the navionics app is because you don't have the same capability to adjust mapping functions using your electronics and navionics chip. Is this correct?

Wayne P.
02-07-2016, 12:10 PM
As I understand it, the reason people use the iPad for the navionics app is because you don't have the same capability to adjust mapping functions using your electronics and navionics chip. Is this correct?

Yes plus you can do Sonar Charts Live with the App.

There is an iOS app and an Android app. I use both.

You would need the cell version of the iPad to have a GPS antenna or purchase a bluetooth GPS antenna to use with the WiFi version.
I use the WiFi iPad version and a Dual bluetooth GPS antenna that has 65 channels. Garmin has one also.

All my Android devices have GPS antennas.

THfishing
02-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Okay if your Ipad had 4G capabilities it has built in GPS so it wont use your data plan. The App is handy because its another source of GPS just incase one goes out. Also you can study a map without being in your boat. You can mark waypoints and they will stay on the app its self they cant be transfer to the unit. If you are using a Raymarine you actually can.

THfishing
02-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Want all the Navionics charts in the U.S. plus SonarChart? Get all of that in one card with the Navionics preloaded+ save $30 for the month of February. Check it out. http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-plus-sale

THfishing
02-16-2016, 08:49 PM
I wanted to share a post I made on Facebook on how to utilize all the tools that are available on the Navionics App. I spend a lot of time studying Navionics contours and always looking for a different way to view and find them. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1209718169061476&set=a.100440693322568.905.100000699129541&type=3&theater

THfishing
02-22-2016, 07:17 PM
How to prepare for warm fronts durning the winter months. When you get a couple of consecutive warm days during the winter months the fish move and they move quick. Spots where you normally catch them during the winter time you cant find a fish there to save your life. Preparing and finding spots where the fish can move to during warm fronts can help you when your faced with that type of condition. So I study the Navionics App looking for flats where fish can transition from deep water to shallower water quick. I use a fishing range between 5-10ft looking for flats near the deeper water. Now Ill check those areas using my Lowrance Structure Scan looking for a harder bottom with rocks and stumps. This is a technique Jim Hemby http://blog.jimhemby.com/2016/02/a-challenging-day.html taught me on how to prepare for warm fronts during winter months. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0470_zpszb5ixe5j.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0470_zpszb5ixe5j.jpg.html)

THfishing
03-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Its that time of year when the fish are on the move to spawning areas. Having an up to date chart can make all the difference for finding those areas. If you have an old Navionics Premium, Gold, or a competitors card like Insight Gensis, LakeMaster, Fishing HotSpots, and Cmap your eligible for a Navionics Update. What is a Navionics Update? The Update is a brand new card you activate with a preexisting card. What do you gain? You will gain all the nautical chard in U.S. and Canada, plus you can download SonarCharts to the card. Thats information the public has sent in to Navionics to help build a stronger map for there users. You can come by Green Top Sporting Goods with your pre-existing card and will get you all set up. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Premium%20vs.%20Plus._zpstotvm2vl.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Premium%20vs.%20Plus._zpstotvm2vl.jpg.html)

THfishing
03-17-2016, 08:33 PM
I am interested in knowing what Navionics card you use in your electronics? Premium , Gold, Platinum, Plus, or Update?

Wayne P.
03-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Hotmaps Premium East E5, Hotmaps East 2010 which has E5 data, Hotmaps Platinum East S6, Update 2GB.

THfishing
03-21-2016, 12:01 PM
SonarChart Live made easy with the Lowrance HDS Gen 3. I was recently fishing this past Friday and came across an area that the information was not correct on the hump. So I simply connect my phone to the unit and went to the Navionics App and automatically started recording SonarChart Live I simply fixed the area in the matter of minutes. Now the information is automatically send to Navionics and Ill be able to view the information in 4 days. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Image-1%2063_zpsqchawy1i.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Image-1%2063_zpsqchawy1i.jpg.html)

THfishing
03-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Are you using the Navionics Mobile App? Have you updated the maps lately? Want to see what you might be missing? Click on menu and go to Updates and update your charts. There is only about 20,000 plus updates a week, so see what has changed in your area. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Old%20Charts_zpsd4lidzbc.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Old%20Charts_zpsd4lidzbc.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
03-24-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't wait that long:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Screenshot_2016-03-24-22-24-56_zpstvd3aowd.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Screenshot_2016-03-24-22-24-56_zpstvd3aowd.png.html)

THfishing
03-25-2016, 09:30 AM
No sir you don't wait that long at all. Haha your making me look bad.

THfishing
03-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Have you checked out these public lakes before? Im curious if anybody has ever fished them? They have amazing Navionics SonarCharts somebody has been charting the lakes. Next time you update your card you could be gaining this new information. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Small%20lakes_zpsibbsgvyr.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Small%20lakes_zpsibbsgvyr.jpg.html)

THfishing
04-04-2016, 08:06 PM
April is the month of saving! For the whole month of April Navionics HotMaps Platinum and Platinum+ will be $30 off. I mean who doesn't want photo overlay of their favorite lakes? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Plat_zpsfbvqsovw.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Plat_zpsfbvqsovw.jpg.html)

THfishing
04-11-2016, 04:57 PM
For those using a Lowrance HDS unit on the bow try using this feature to navigate to a waypoint. I have found using the range rings overlaying onto my Navionics Map to be very helpful when I'm trying to fish a waypoint. With the range rings the closer you zoom in the smaller the rings get. All the way zoomed in is 50ft, so that 50ft from your boat to the first ring ext... Then I overlay heading the course extension with is the red line. I line the red line up on the waypoint to help me know its dead head of the boat. To find both of these options go to Setting > Chart > range rings > on > course extension on. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/shot038_zpsrsfnfwc0.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/shot038_zpsrsfnfwc0.jpg.html)

Bassmstr7
04-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Good tip, thanks dude

THfishing
04-12-2016, 08:42 PM
This feature get even better if your using a Lowrance Point- one at the front of the boat because of the built in heading sensor to track every turn on the bow.

Wayne P.
04-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Humminbird has a better use of rings. The Casting Rings are adjustable in size and when you set that size every, waypoint gets the rig around it. I use the 30' setting so when my map position curser is anywhere on that ring, the waypoint will be in the center 30' away, just cast to the center of the ring.

Not all of them have the rig in this screen shot since I have the unit set to reduce clutter when a lot of waypoints are close together. All will have the ring when zoomed in closer to each one.
The Heading Sensor GPS antenna helps with boat positioning also--shows the direction the bow is pointed.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/S00051_zpszsimw9vm.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/S00051_zpszsimw9vm.png.html)

THfishing
04-14-2016, 08:14 PM
I don't know I would say better, but they are interesting feature to use when fishing waypoints.

THfishing
04-26-2016, 08:43 PM
Have you seen the new feature added to the Navionics WebApp? You can now you can create your very own safety depth right on the website and its free! You can still view your SonarCharts by clicking on the round circle. Check it out. https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@6&key=gp%7BgFn_b~M

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-22%20at%208.57.53%20PM_zpsz9rukp0k.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-22%20at%208.57.53%20PM_zpsz9rukp0k.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
04-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Yes, saw that a few days ago when I was checking the processing of some sonar logs I had uploaded.

Getting closer to an interactive app like the mobile app.

THfishing
05-03-2016, 12:55 PM
The new Web API is killer you can do your satellite overlay if you would like and you can send a waypoint to an email address and view it on the Web App.

THfishing
05-03-2016, 01:03 PM
This is what I was talking about sharing waypoints. Click on a waypoint you want to share, then send it to an email address, and once you get the email open the email up and it will have the link to view it on the Web App pretty cool feature if your trying to help a friend out and share some fishing spots. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/13076928_1260244154008877_4421391258443830451_n_zp sx49rqiiw.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/13076928_1260244154008877_4421391258443830451_n_zp sx49rqiiw.jpg.html)

THfishing
05-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Have you checked out your trails on the Navionics app and seen your logging information? I did some SonarChart Live using the Lowrance Gen 3 yesterday to capture a little more detail on the Chick River? Any guess where I did it at? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0858_zpsvdhzbnxv.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0858_zpsvdhzbnxv.png.html)

Big E
05-18-2016, 07:26 AM
Quit looking for my brushpiles! lol

Wayne P.
05-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Have you checked out your trails on the Navionics app and seen your logging information? I did some SonarChart Live using the Lowrance Gen 3 yesterday to capture a little more detail on the Chick River? Any guess where I did it at? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0858_zpsvdhzbnxv.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0858_zpsvdhzbnxv.png.html)

The first turn in Diascund Creek

THfishing
05-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Correct there was not to much information coming into the creek. The first turn has been mapped before.

THfishing
05-31-2016, 07:00 PM
Webinar time!! This time is not on electronics, its on making the switch from freshwater to saltwater fishing using the tackle you already have. Summertime is the time for fishing saltwater Ill be covering the tackle, locations, and species. https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/register/62af67382713504a8c34be5db4a05ad8

THfishing
06-02-2016, 01:11 PM
During the summer months when I fish in the lakes I found it helpful to use the Navionics Platinum card because of the 3D view and the satilite overlay feature. What I'm looking for is deep flats next to the river channel or coming out of deep water with a point close by. I'm trying to find the flattest spot using the 3D it puts it into a better perspective of fishing moving in and out of those locations. I'll scan those flats looking for fish schooled up along the bottom then come back with a spoon or drop shot. If you look toward the top right you see the red community edit that's the kind of contours I'm looking in that area. Give it a try this summer. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/shot027_zpsfjhtb6dg.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/shot027_zpsfjhtb6dg.png.html)

THfishing
06-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Check out this screen shot using the Platinum card on Lake Chesdin using the Platinum card. So I like to take my transparency put it at 2 then I go and create my depth highlight range. When I do that it shades everything between that range it blue, everything in brown is deeper everything in dark blue is shallower. Its a killer feature I like to use when I go out fishing deep on ledges and drop offs. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0938_zpsac0oreua.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0938_zpsac0oreua.jpg.html)

THfishing
07-07-2016, 08:46 PM
For those using a Navionics Platinum+ and Hot Maps Platinum don't forget that it comes preloaded with SonarChart thats the information people have sent in. To access that information make sure you turn on Fish N' Chip to gain the feature.

THfishing
07-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Planning on heading out of town? Want to know the new satellite overlay offered on the Navionics HotMaps Platinum card. You can not gain the new satellite overlay features through a update on available on a new card.

THfishing
07-07-2016, 08:58 PM
For those using a Navionics Platinum+ and Hot Maps Platinum don't forget that it comes preloaded with SonarChart thats the information people have sent in. To access that information make sure you turn on Fish N' Chip to gain the feature.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_0987_zpsdagpyqem.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_0987_zpsdagpyqem.jpg.html)

Brian
07-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Check out this screen shot using the Platinum card on Lake Chesdin using the Platinum card. So I like to take my transparency put it at 2 then I go and create my depth highlight range. When I do that it shades everything between that range it blue, everything in brown is deeper everything in dark blue is shallower. Its a killer feature I like to use when I go out fishing deep on ledges and drop offs.

Wow this is pretty wild

THfishing
07-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Webinar time on learning how to catch tidal water bass. Tidal river bass can be troublesome, this webinar will make you prepare for any situation. https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/register/36a842cd7ef59fc04ac87b605f06faf5

THfishing
07-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Some whispers are coming back from Icast saying Navionics has something new they are coming out with that will be released August 1st. Hmmm what could it be? Anybody hear anything about Lowrance and Humminbird releasing a new product?

Wayne P.
07-21-2016, 11:28 AM

THfishing
07-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Hahah they will be releasing it here shortly. Do you know you get a year free of software update on your Navionics Card? When was the last time you updated yours?

THfishing
07-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Im planning on doing a Navionics SonarChart even on the Chick River August 14th. Anybody who participates in the event that has a Navionics card will get a year free of freshest data updates. Thats a $99 value for anyone that donates 5 hours of there day.

Wayne P.
07-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Hahah they will be releasing it here shortly. Do you know you get a year free of software update on your Navionics Card? When was the last time you updated yours?

I have three updateable cards. Recently bought one of the latest Navionics Update cards for a reference when helping others figure how to do updates, add data and check the map dates. I updated that one the day I bought it on June 28th and added some Sonar Charts locations.

Have not done anymore updates since I have not seen any new data on the Web App that I need. Plus have not recorded any sonar logs for Sonar Charts. Been playing around some with Humminbird Auto Chart Live on an ONIX and Helix-- no serious data collection for that yet.

Updated the Platinum card June 3rd.
Updated the 2GB Navionics+ card May 21st

I will do the 2GB Navionics+ in few minutes and check. That doesn't take so long like the 16 GB cards do.

Wayne P.
07-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Did not see anything new when I did the update just now.

THfishing
07-27-2016, 09:13 PM
Im thinking about launching out of Rivers Rest for the SonarChart Even on the 14th at 7am we will go to 12. More detail will come. If you have a Navionics card you will get a year free of software updates.

THfishing
07-27-2016, 09:14 PM
What areas do you think that have been updated?

Wayne P.
07-28-2016, 09:10 AM
The only area I have paid attention to is what you posted for the right turn in Diascund Creek. Haven't fished there in about 8 years.

Wayne P.
07-28-2016, 12:11 PM

Got the email today about the regional Navionics+ cards at the same price point as the discontinued Navionics Hotmaps Premium regional cards.

THfishing
08-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Here it is the new Navionics + region. Its preloaded with SonarChart and Nautical Charts. No more adding lakes to the card. Its broke down into 4 different regions. Its a plug and pay card. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/13729120_1341927952507163_1689072190135463775_n_zp sq5okuol9.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/13729120_1341927952507163_1689072190135463775_n_zp sq5okuol9.jpg.html)

THfishing
08-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Its set Sunday on Rivers Rest on the Chickahominy we are meeting at 8am and lets record some sonar. Dont forget to have your Navionics Card with you because you would a year free freshest data update that a $99. Feel free to PM with question.

Wayne P.
08-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Thomas, your message box is full.

THfishing
08-23-2016, 08:38 PM
Wayne P. and I recorded sonar on the Chick River do you want to gain the information we did? If you have the Navionics +, Update, Region, or Platinum I would update your card and get the information we recorded. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1162_zpsbjut3sqc.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1162_zpsbjut3sqc.jpg.html)

THfishing
08-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Free Webinar tonight at 8pm on throwing umbrella rigs during the summer time. Ill be cover different rigs, lures, and locations. Click here to join. https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/register/c4b29f8c6194bcf0d746f627e8486654

THfishing
08-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Check it out Green Top Sporting Goods has the new Navionics+ Region in stock. If your planning on staying between Maine & South Carolina this is the card for you. It comes preloaded with 1ft contours fresh and saltwater. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1160_zpsupyfo5ha.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1160_zpsupyfo5ha.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Check out the new information you will have on the new Navionics+ Region. 1ft contours coming on of Oregon Inlet can help you be safe. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1189_zpsmjh0edpl.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1189_zpsmjh0edpl.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Have you check out the new Lowrance Elite TI software update? You can now do Navionics SonarChart Live with the new update. If you have the Navionics App just connect it to your Lowrance through the GoFree network. Record sonar at an ease. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1219_zpszpgrkcuz.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1219_zpszpgrkcuz.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-14-2016, 08:32 PM
I found this method very helpful on the Navionics App customizing your map. So what I do is turn on the satellite overlay, then turn fishing mode on, and use depth highlight range pick a depth you want to stay between. So what you will be viewing on your map everything in white is between the depth range you picked, everything in blue is deeper than the max depth you picked and when you just see the contours that's everything shallower than your minimum depth you picked. Found this to be very helpful fishing off shore.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1239_zpssgtbzk5v.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1239_zpssgtbzk5v.jpg.html)

THfishing
09-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Have you checked the Navionics Web App on your computer? You can now do automatic routes and they can transfer to your phone or tablet App. Check it out at https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boating/routing/automatic@9&key=%7Dwy%7DEdjezM http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-19%20at%204.02.43%20PM_zpsg1ljrhma.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-19%20at%204.02.43%20PM_zpsg1ljrhma.png.html)

Wayne P.
09-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I figured they were making some more changes to the Web App. Earlier today the app started up in Africa with the 741 mile zoom range.

Wayne P.
09-19-2016, 06:04 PM
I have been checking the Web App every couple of days to see if my sonar logs were applied.
Went to the Chick the day after Labor Day to fish the mid-day low tide. Spent the first 3 or so hours collecting data.
I did some of the blank areas in Diascund Creek, the first creek on the right up to where the large barge used to be docked, and some past Back Creek.

THfishing
09-20-2016, 08:25 PM
How do your logs look? Have they been processed on Navionics SonarCharts?

Wayne P.
09-21-2016, 11:22 AM
How do your logs look? Have they been processed on Navionics SonarCharts?

The data has not been applied as of 11:20 AM today.

THfishing
09-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Those running a Lowrance HDS unit have you tried a depth highlight range with your Navionics card? I love using this feature this time of year fishing docks, offshore, or in the creeks. Simply pick the depth you want to concentrate between and your map will highlight the depth in white. The new Region + right out of the box will give you 1ft contours and all the latest docks on the map. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1266_zpsqqjeii1l.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1266_zpsqqjeii1l.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
10-01-2016, 10:54 AM
The data has not been applied as of 11:20 AM today.

Today I see my sonar logs have been applied that I submitted the day after Labor Day for Diascund Creek. Compare that with what was available up to yesterday afternoon.

I did some logging on the way to the creek along the Chick left shoreline from River's Rest as I was weaving through the cypress trees.

THfishing
10-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Nice! If you have a Navionics card go ahead a update your card and you can some new SonarCharts on the Chickahominy river. Ill post pictures in a few.

THfishing
10-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Some great new SonarCharts from Wayne P. on the Chick River, update your Navionics card and gain the good information he recorded. Discount creek has killer detail now check it out. Do you want to know how you can do this? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.00.55%20PM_zpsdwt4ddcf.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.00.55%20PM_zpsdwt4ddcf.png.html)
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.00.40%20PM_zpsspaurl5g.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.00.40%20PM_zpsspaurl5g.png.html)

THfishing
10-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Getting into September and October bass are typically schooling on Lakes in Virginia. The hard part is trying to find them and when they come up, I have found studying a map aka (Navionics App) can help you narrow down your search. I look for a couple key elements when trying to find areas fish might be school around. First I want to find deep water close by a river or a creek channel, second I look for a flat shallow point, hump or shoal that the bass can push the bait up to. If you think about it a bass as less of a chance catching bait in deeper water because there is more water surrounding, vs shallower there is less room to swim, so they can ambush better. I typically like to look main lake for some of the features if I'm targeting the fish before they start moving to the back. Once bass start making a fall transition ill take this pattern and look for it in the creeks. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1313_zpsfuxrp0vn.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1313_zpsfuxrp0vn.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
10-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Yep, I saw some of that yesterday at Smith Mt Lake.

THfishing
10-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Have you check your Navionics App out lately? Do you like the front screen? I think its helpful having your weather and wind information front and center, sure does make it easy to know what you will be facing on the water. Also Navionics as a new YouTube video on doing a Navionics Update its helpful information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBMDA-Eabr0 http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1333_zpsg1ejsrpx.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1333_zpsg1ejsrpx.jpg.html)

THfishing
10-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Check out the difference between Lowrance Insight Genesis social map of Lake Anna and Navionics map of Lake Anna. The social map from the Lowrance allows the community to upload their sonar recording to build a better map for only Lowrance users. Navionics already has over 18,000 HD lakes they recorded plus SonarChart uploads from the community from all the chart plotter manufactures not just Lowrance. What do you run in your unit and why? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1349_zpsyacpn6f5.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1349_zpsyacpn6f5.jpg.html)

Wayne P.
10-27-2016, 10:53 AM
I prefer Navionics Sonar Charts. It has Navionics Nautical Charts features combined with Sonar Charts like bouys, Community Edits, notes, river/creek channel paths, roads, etc.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/WayneP_photos/Maps/Screenshot_2016-10-27-10-40-15_zps1iwb2pp6.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/WayneP_photos/media/Maps/Screenshot_2016-10-27-10-40-15_zps1iwb2pp6.png.html)

THfishing
11-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Nice screen shot Wayne, I have found some of the community edits you see on the map to be very productive spots. Also, here is a great screen shot on how important having updated charts can be. This is Oregon Inlet as many of you know its subject to change depending on certain storms. Having SonarCharts from Navionics will be the most updated maps on the market any changes you can access it through freshest data updates. This will keep you safe coming through the inlet. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1189_zpsmjh0edpl.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1189_zpsmjh0edpl.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Found a new way to use my Navionics card in my Lowrance HDS unit yesterday. While fishing for rockfish in the bay we needed to find areas 14ft or deeper where the channel came around, but you dont have that option on a Lowrance to pick any safety depth you would like. So I found away around that, so I turned my safety depth off, went to depth highlight range under view, and set my maximum depth to 150ft then I took my minimum and put it at 14ft. Now its displaying everything 14ft or deeper in white everything 14ft or shallower in blue. It helps your eyes to pick out certain contours characteristics. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1409%20copy_zpsd61mdvcz.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1409%20copy_zpsd61mdvcz.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Do you use easy view on the Navionics App? Do you know what it does? So easy view is a function you turn under chart options and it will enlarge your contours and numbers so its easier to see. Cut your eyes a break and try it out. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1502_zpsy0jaom0v.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1502_zpsy0jaom0v.jpg.html)

THfishing
11-28-2016, 11:47 AM
Im interested in getting feedback on how the Navionics App makes you a better fisherman? I know how it makes me a better fisherman but I would like some feedback.

THfishing
12-16-2016, 10:09 AM
For those that are in the market for a new unit, like a Lowrance Elite 5 and 7 Ti or the Simrand Go7 and 5 XSE, There is a chance to earn a $50 main an rebate if you purchase a Navionics+ Region. That means your paying $99 for the Region+ thats a steal, check it out. http://www.navionics.com/rebate

THfishing
01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
For those running a Lowrance HDS Gen 3 you will be able to do Navionics SonarChart right on your Lowrance screen, thats ee live contours right away. Updates coming soon. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1620%201_zpsajzstymo.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1620%201_zpsajzstymo.jpg.html)

THfishing
01-12-2017, 09:18 AM
For those that will be going to the the Richmond Fishing Expo and want to learn more about there electronics and breaking down a new body of water using electronics Ill be giving a seminars Friday at 12 on using your HDS unit with your Navionics card. Also at 3 Ill be giving another seminar at 3pm on breaking down a new body of water using your electronics. On Saturday Ill be giving seminars at 2:00 and 5:00 on the same topics. Hope to see yall there.

THfishing
01-18-2017, 12:42 PM
For those running a Lowrance HDS Touch unit, do you check your trip calculator at the end of the day? When you do that you can pull up information about your day, like distance travelled, speed and other features too. The first thing you want to do is reset the trip before you head out. It also keeps track of trip miles, which shows the total mileage you been. Lets see how many miles you travelled, the person with the most about of miles will receive a Navionics hat. You have from now to the end of January to post under this thread. To find the trip calculator go to pages-scroll down on the left and you will see it. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1686_zpsuihn1lae.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1686_zpsuihn1lae.jpg.html)

THfishing
01-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Its that time of year where fishing can be slow, take advantage of the time and make sure all the lakes or rivers your going to be fishing is on your Navionics card and up to date. I go through my Navionics Update card and update the maps as well as download new bodies of water. How many lakes do you have download to your Update or Plus card? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1711_zpsdfivsutq.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1711_zpsdfivsutq.jpg.html)

Brian
01-29-2017, 10:22 AM
Wow this is actually really slick...

Found a new way to use my Navionics card in my Lowrance HDS unit yesterday. While fishing for rockfish in the bay we needed to find areas 14ft or deeper where the channel came around, but you dont have that option on a Lowrance to pick any safety depth you would like. So I found away around that, so I turned my safety depth off, went to depth highlight range under view, and set my maximum depth to 150ft then I took my minimum and put it at 14ft. Now its displaying everything 14ft or deeper in white everything 14ft or shallower in blue. It helps your eyes to pick out certain contours characteristics. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/thomas_harris1/IMG_1409%20copy_zpsd61mdvcz.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/thomas_harris1/media/IMG_1409%20copy_zpsd61mdvcz.jpg.html)