PDA

View Full Version : 5/23/09

bill1wts
05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
We launched from Hope Springs at 4:00 am fished till 8:00 pm. I have been telling my wife and daughter how great the fishing was there so we decided to go up and see what we could do. Started in Aquia weeds - caught 2 on inside edge. Went out on main river and found a bunch stacked under a cpl docks in the Arkendale flats. By 11:00 we had about 15 with 3 keepers. Then it shut down - we ran around and couldn't find a fish. Caught 1 off marsh on late high tide and I had enough, my back hurt and I was tired, headed back to ramp, on the way in Aquia my wife says aren't you going to fish those weeds, I was wondering why, but I turned around and we hit them again, it was about 6:00 pm - noone else was in the weeds - we caught 10 in the last 1:30 hours. That was a great ending and kinda salvaged the day. My back felt great - amazing how that works. It would not have been a good tx day but we ended up with 27 total and all 4 of us caught fish so it was a great family day. Fish were caught on spinnerbait, flukes, crankbait, rapala, and dingers. We did not get a frog bite.

bill1wts
05-23-2009, 12:02 PM
I forgot my map yesterday and while we were riding around looking for fish in the afternoon we found Mallows Bay. Man if that dont look like it should hold some fish. we didnt catch any but there should be some there. Is there a good time to fish it or not?

one_of_many_others
05-24-2009, 08:18 AM
well i tried a spinner and a fluke and a dinger for like and hour and thats the only i used all day and caught two keepers.