PDA

View Full Version : Lake Fredrick 4-11

BassNva
04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
took the jon out on lake fredrick this afternoon,did not have much luck...wind was blowing hard..focused my attack on some of the many brushpiles,coves,and points. water was pretty clear,could see around 6-8' into the water.

tried throwing rattle traps,spinner baits,curly tail grubs,and my go to lure...the shad x-rap,only got bit once and got it in the boat ,,,a huge 6" (yes 6") largemouth. atleast i did not leave this time defeated by the water. i will be back out later this week to test my luck.

i am very new to fishing lakes and rivers,grew up fishing mainly farm ponds,have 20+ trips to anna under my belt with no major success. what would any of you have done different under these conditions?

kickin bass
04-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a tough day. I would try a jig and drop shot. A drop shot is great to find fish and just about any size fish will bite it. A jig will get you that big bite.

BassNva
04-11-2011, 08:45 PM
thanks for the reply. i did talk to one guy when i was loading up the boat. he said he had caught a few on dropshot...he also showed me a live well with about 25-30 larger than hand sized crappie!

bill1wts
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
fredrick is not an easy lake to fish - used to throw lizards in there back in the day. been a long time but there was never a "super" day.

Sempr
04-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Live Bait!

BassNva
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
yea,i plan on going out on friday since i will be getting off work at 11am..probably fish til dark. lets see what happens.