Thread: 5-15 fuel on the way

Default 5-15 fuel on the way

well as we all know the epa doesnt care about boaters..motors etc....the new 5-15 will make new motors use more oxygen..make it run hotter and the end result will be total engine loss due to all the above mentioned....has anyone wrote there congressman about this....i have as well as newt gingrich and mit romney.....if we dont stand up for ourselves the next thing will be e 20.....this is very bad fuel.....just thought id give my 2 sense......trailerman

i could be totally wrong but from what i've heard they will have to provide both e10 and e15 fuels at gas stations. There are a lot of cars that won't be able to run on e15. I'll try to find the data to back this up.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Default E-15 FUEL

PLEASE FINDOUT..I WAS TOLD FROM SOME FRIENDS THAT OWN GAS STNS..THEY CANT AFFORD TO HOUSE BOTH AND THE E 15 WAS CHEAPER TO BUY...IN THIS FAILING ECONOMY..WHAT DO YOU THINK THERE GOING TO CHOOSE......everyone needs to write there senators......e 15 is bad from start to finish and from what i understand..the ethanol prevenative wont break this down...it was made for the e-10......can someone with some inside knowledge please advise us in the chat room..........we as boaters have no alternatives unfortunately

According to the latest issue of Bassmaster 1/2012 (page 10) DO NOT PUT E-15 IN YOUR BOAT IT WILL CAUSE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE. According to the article this gas is not safe to put in any small engine, ie. Lawnmower, boat motor,or weed-eater. Here is a link to the article http://www.bassmaster.com/news/e-15-...rous-outboards.

Thanks Snoop - the first sentence says it all

"Understand upfront that proponents of E-15 gasoline, containing up to 15 percent ethanol, are not pitching the fuel as suitable for marine engines. In fact, it is a violation of federal law to use it for that purpose."

Man what a giant bureaucratic mess we live in....

No problem Striper, I guess that you heard that the President denied the Canadian pipeline yesterday, so (I don't want to get political on here) I guess time to get ready for $4.00 per gallon gas. I wish the gov'mt would just leave well-enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
    No problem Striper, I guess that you heard that the President denied the Canadian pipeline yesterday, so (I don't want to get political on here) I guess time to get ready for $4.00 per gallon gas. I wish the gov'mt would just leave well-enough alone.
    I agree with you and I think many people on here agree. We need to find alternatives to oil but until those alternatives are viable we need to find new lower cost ways of securing and generating petro products. I was hoping we would see the Keystone pipeline go thru - partly for jobs partly for the potential for lower cost oil.

I think 4.00/gal is a low estimate. It will definately be higher come summer.

Speaking of bureaucratic - I got this email today (sorry for the spacing)

Who Knew?? All makes sense in the end as you will clearly see

Railroad tracks.
    The US standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8.5 inches. That's an exceedingly odd number.
    Why was that gauge used? Because that's the way they built them in England , and English expatriates designed the US railroads.
    Why did the English build them like that? Because the first rail lines were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and that's the gauge they used.
    Why did 'they' use that gauge then?
    Because the people who built the tramways used the same jigs and tools that they had used for building wagons, which used that wheel spacing.

Why did the wagons have that particular
    Odd wheel spacing?
    Well, if they tried to use any other spacing, the wagon wheels would break on some of the old, long distance roads in England , because that's the spacing of the wheel ruts.

So who built those old rutted roads?
    Imperial Rome built the first long distance roads in Europe (including England ) for their legions. Those roads have been used ever since.
    And the ruts in the roads? Roman war chariots formed the initial ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagon wheels.

Since the chariots were made for Imperial Rome , they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing. Therefore, the United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8.5 inches is derived from the original specifications for an Imperial Roman war chariot. In other words, bureaucracies live forever.
    So the next time you are handed a specification/procedure/process, and wonder, 'What horse's ass came up with this?' , you may be exactly right.
    Imperial Roman army chariots were made just wide enough to accommodate the rear ends of two war horses.

Now, the twist to the story:

When you see a Space Shuttle sitting on its launch pad, you will notice that there are two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are solid rocket boosters, or SRBs. The SRBs are made by Thiokol at their factory in Utah .

The engineers who designed the SRBs would have preferred to make them a bit larger, but the SRBs had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site. The railroad line from the factory happens to run through a tunnel in the mountains, and the SRBs had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than the railroad track, and the railroad track, as you now know, is about as wide as two horses' behinds.

So, a major Space Shuttle design feature
    Of what is arguably the world's most advanced transportation system was determined over two thousand years ago by the width of a horse's ass. And you thought being a horse's ass wasn't important?
    So, Horse's Asses control almost everything...
    ...Explains a whole lot of things,
    Doesn't it?

well called a boat mfgr since im considering a new boat...here is all the engineering and motor people could say.....uh uhh..uh...uh....also told to watch out for hidden exlusions in warrantys on e-15 fuel....now all i got to say is WTF..ub bass and saltwaterfisherman are screwed..glued and will be tatooed if we buy a new motor

Heads up. Hope everyone read that article Snoop posted if you own a boat you need to. This is a disaster to us fisherman with outboard motors...............

what isnt being spoken about is lawn mowers and weed eaters....they wont run on e 15 either......maybe someone will see the damage and stop the e 15.....
    sounds like its a done deal......
    Last edited by trailerman; 01-19-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: more info