Thread: Networking HDS Question

Default Networking HDS Question

Had a chance to get out on the water over the weekend in Northeast OH - Air temps in the 60's - water temp @ 40 - Was good to check out new (used) TM I just installed. There is a built in transducer on this MG 109#. Hooked up all the electronics (HDS 5 on the bow - HDS 10 @ the console) and noticed they no longer were networked. Any ideas what may have caused this? both worked fine last time out. I did notice the ducer conection has only 3 prongs - the other ducer connection had several more. Both functioned well independently and I was under the assumption the ethernet cord is how they are linked. Will hook up old ducer and see if that makes a difference.

cheerss,

G
    Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250

G, I'm not totally up on the HDS units, but was thinking it may just be a setting in one of the menus keeping the two from talking? The ethernet cable is the connection that links them.

Like I said I'm not real familiar with the HDS's, but wouldn't think using a universal 'ducer in the TM would cause the two units not to communicate.
    </div>

did you check to make sure that the 3 amp fuse on the power module for the network was not blown? IF you have the normal NMEA 2000 network as well as the eithernet. I had this blow on mine before. Also did you change the setting on the setup menu for the transducer type?

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Fuse might be the issue - when I started them up - my master switch when blank - I wiggled the fuse at the battery and got power again - didn't follow the other fuses...

Thanks for the ideas...

Now I feel like I'm chasing a ghost - loosened up the panel on the bow - both units working well - tightened it back up - bow not acting right - switched units - bow has got the issue - think I got something going on with the ethernet cord - need to dig around some more - arghhh!

check your fuse link- (fuse holder) sometimes that spring wears out or the plastic clips where the 2 pieces go together get brittle- mine did the same last year on the riva- unit would go out when I hit a wake.
    Crank That Jank!