Thread: Shad Report 4.4.12

Default Shad Report 4.4.12

Took my neighbor (who had never done the shad thing) out after work yesterday - put in at Ancarrows. Boat traffic not to bad, just the usual ramp nuts. Got on the water by a little after 6 pm and fished the falling tide to about 7:45. Bite was slow at first, but for the last hour, we got the hang of it and my neighbor had a blast. Shad darts in orange and red and gold spoons worked. We were catching them on just about every other cast there for a while. Even had a couple of doubles. Get your kids out there now, while the bite lasts!

Nice work. We've been on the rocks in front of the Southern States Silos for the past 3 days. its been crazy fishing on green spoons.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Agreed, went Tuesday and killed it on green spoons. They would not touch chrome, but green, game on...

Put down the fly rod because I could catch them on spinning much quicker. Usually, it is like 10:1 on
    the fly.