Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Bull verses Young Bull TX Idea?

Default Old Bull verses Young Bull TX Idea?

I need every ones opinion on a TX Idea. I haven’t forgotten about the Senior tour either. We have just been side tracked with Jimmy’s operation and now FOM on the James. We will get to it. In the mean time here is what I am thinking.

An “Old Bull verses a Young Bull” Team TX:

Ten 2 man teams per age bracket for a total of 20 boats participating in the TX challenge. The Old Bull age bracket would be 40 years old and above. The Young Bull age bracket is from 18 to 40.

Here is how it would work.

It will be a two day TX event held on the same week end. There will be qualifying TX held on Sat and the Main event held on Sun. The top ten highest finishing teams in each age bracket move on to the main event on Sunday representing their respective divisions: IE; Old Bull verses Young Bull. There will be a 50.00 entry fee for each team participating in the qualifier. There will be no pay out / payback for the qualifier.

The entry fees would be lumped into one pay out for the day 2 main event. The money would be divided equally between the ten teams of the winning div. As an example; if the entry fees totaled 2000.00 from the qualifier, and of course the old bulls will probably win the thing so each of the ten teams in the Old Bull div would be awarded 200.00 each = 100.00 per person. A side big fish pot would be optional for an additional 10.00 and would be paid out to the person who caught it.

What do you guys think?
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Wait till the end of the month and I will be a OLD BULL!! LOL
    2010 VAO March Madness Overall Winner

Sounds like a lot of Bull.
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

I think j1m is up to no good.

I like it.
    2010 VAO March Madness Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Dog Days Duel Overall Winner

I can't wait to leave a little bull on Squire's new boat.

I'm in w/ all the other old fuggers.

Is 40 considered an 'old Bull' - Dang? That puts BigE up there with you old folks, and a few of us pretty darn close. E, do you think you're an 'old bull'? LOL

I think that should be pushed up to 50, at least. Isn't 50 the age when you can join AARP nowadays?

Seriously, seems pretty detailed with two days and all, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find that many teams to do a 2-day deal. Especially for the 'young bulls' with kids at home and other obligations that us young-ins need to tend to. Just doing a fun young v. old on a Saturday sometime might be the ticket for more folks to participate.

Since this would a 2-day event, how about this for a twist: day one on one body of water, day two on another. No prefishing either allowed. Gotta fish both blind/cold. Something like riva/anna or kerr/gaston.

Sounds like it was dead on arrival, lol. At least that was what she said, lol.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

haha. this is funny. you got the wise crackers. the complainers/excuse makers. its awesome i would probably do it. if you did a dual location tournament it would have to be Anna/Potomac if nothing other than where most of our group is located. 2 days at gaston/kerr would require lodging and/or excessive driving.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    haha. this is funny. you got the wise crackers. the complainers/excuse makers. its awesome i would probably do it. if you did a dual location tournament it would have to be Anna/Potomac if nothing other than where most of our group is located. 2 days at gaston/kerr would require lodging and/or excessive driving.
    and you even got the "crips" in the "old bull" group....swaeetttt
    Crank That Jank!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast