Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekday Series - Feedback Please

I say leave it at 20+5 it's not about the money. If peeps want to play for more cash they have the option of going to LAPR or some other outfit. This is more of a Friday night poker game and really about having some fun fishing. If you happen to get your gas money back all the better. I like the idea of releasing the fish on the end of the ramp in deeper water. Thank you for all your efforts Larry.

I like the $20 fee, there are plenty of tourneys available if someone wants more. I was glad to finally be able to make it to one, really enjoyed it. The mesh bags are a lot better for the fish, but I hadn't thought about the cheating aspect of it. It would be hard to tell if someone weighed 6 fish instead of 5, not that I think it's a problem with this group of guys.

Need blade baits? Click here

Larry, I like the $20+5, especially at HSM with the higher ramp fee. There might be some wiggle room, if folks are interested, at Anna to raise the entry and still have the overall expense offset by the lower ramp fee; not a suggestion, just a possible option, especially since my main function is donating.

Team Four More

A friend is a present you give to yourself

I have every other Friday off, so the only suggestion from me is that you should have it one of those Fridays...haha...just kidding, hope I can make one eventually though. I can send you my work schedule if you want.

I've heard only good things.
    </div>

I think every thing is great and your doing a kicking job. I just wish I could make more of them but work comes first
    2017 Ironman winner

Oh and entry is fine with 20/5 I fish these cause I like to fish and have a little competition, the money isn't what I'm fishing for it's more the fun and comrotery
    2017 Ironman winner

I wouldnt change a thing Larry, You have done a great job with this tx series. If I may, I would suggest that there should be a points system. I know everyone cant make every tx, but this would be a little insentive for people to come more often (when possible with work and family schedule) to come and enjoy this tx series. Maybe each team should throw in $5 each tx to go for the top three teams at the end of the season. Just a thought.

...or, as a potential incentive, you could option to put in $5.00 at each tournament for a 'big bag' or a 'big fish' of the series for the Potomac and for Anna seperately. I.E. - Anna...September thru March/April. Potomac...April/May thru August

This would help keep everyone in the running, regardless of the amount of tournaments they can come to fish.

If I knew I could only make 1 tournament (insert 'don't fish Erik' joke here), I wouldn't put in $5.00 for a points based series prize. However, I would put in $5.00 if I had the chance to catch the 'big-bag' or 'big-fish' of the series that one time out.

The awards could be small trophies and whatever cash is left. The trophy, or course, is important for bragging rights which is what this low-budget series is partly about, right?
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

having set dates for tx's such as the LAPR and posting them in advance would create a better opportunity for people to work with their work schedule to fish tx's. im COMPLETELY happy with the way it is ran as of now as it is. Any incentive is better. Sorry I spelled "insentive" wrong last post. typing on the go creates typo's haha.

Only issue with this incentive and that bonus point is someone will need to keep track of that information, thus creating more work for Larry. The longer notice is always nicer for planning purposes but Larry is doing this as " his " time permits. So I guess what I'm saying is lets try to keep it as easy as possible to have a little fun and not create to much work for the man. Just my 1.5 cents

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast