Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weekday Series - Feedback Please

Oh Dustin, just trailer that Triton on down to Anna and join the heartache.!.!

A friend is a present you give to yourself

Hey guys, I haven't got to fish as much this year as usual for various reasons but I would still love to fish these. How do I know when and where the next ones are? Never have fished one...YET, I can't offer any advice except that its the awesomest idea ever!

Donnie, these weekdays are great to fish, you could even use some of the baits you paint, but bring your own, I'm not gonna let you use the ones you painted for me.

A friend is a present you give to yourself

Ha, I wanna fish them bad, and will. You don't have to let me use yours, just tell me which ones work reeeeeaaaalll good!

Donnie.
    Check the Weekday Series thread on a Sunday or Monday. I usually have to wait on 2 things to see when I can hold a tournament. One is the 5 day weather outlook. These are supposed to be fun. I don't care to fish in the pouring rain, cold, storms, or wind. I make the best call I can on that aspect. The second is my work schedule. With the economy the way it is, I will have to take work right now over fishing. Usually by Sunday or Monday (for a Friday TX)....I know pretty much what my end of week looks like. To throw in a third....I have to see what the family has going on also. If I had to make a prediction on the next TX for September it would be the 7th or the 28th.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Gotcha, sounds great. I will pencil those dates in and will probably be there. Do you know where it's gonna be? You generally fish the river and Anna right? And who can fish'em? And one last thing, is it $25 per person or boat, cause sometimes I fish alone? Sorry for all the questions, this summers been busy and I've fallen outa the loop.

Just "revisiting" this thread. If anyone has any more suggestions or ideas.....let me know. 2015 is approaching fast and I am looking forward to a great season.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

I think you do a fine job Larry and enjoy them when I can. $20+5 for big fish I thing is good as well. More of just enjoying the day fishing with a little gas money if you have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by gnfsnva View Post
    ...or, as a potential incentive, you could option to put in $5.00 at each tournament for a 'big bag' or a 'big fish' of the series for the Potomac and for Anna seperately. I.E. - Anna...September thru March/April. Potomac...April/May thru August

This would help keep everyone in the running, regardless of the amount of tournaments they can come to fish.

If I knew I could only make 1 tournament (insert 'don't fish Erik' joke here), I wouldn't put in $5.00 for a points based series prize. However, I would put in $5.00 if I had the chance to catch the 'big-bag' or 'big-fish' of the series that one time out.

The awards could be small trophies and whatever cash is left. The trophy, or course, is important for bragging rights which is what this low-budget series is partly about, right?
    Think I am going to try a version of this, this coming year (2015). It will be $5 (optional) per person per each tournament fished. It will be for Big Fish. I will keep a running list of those entered in all 2015 tournaments. This will be for Va-Outdoors members ONLY. At the end of the year, I will give the total amount of cash accumulated during the year to the person with the biggest fish of 2015. Stay tuned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234