Larry Boykin was back again today for the fourth time this year. This time we were after bass and striper. We pulled out of Fish Tales at 7 and headed up lake. Shortly after arriving, the first sign of life came to the surface. I was only a cast away and then the water erupted. The fish started playing volley ball with my BOING lure and after 4 huge strikes I was hooked up.

First keeper of the day in the well and then Larry said he had a big one. After a short battle, Larry swung fish in the boat and I handed him my rod and told him to keep casting. The fish went back down and we had a lull for about 15 minutes, they came back up 150 yards from us and the Motor Guide went on high!

Larry caught a short fish while I was switching a BOING to a Broken Back Red Fin. I quickly hooked up on the third and final keeper of the day. This school was so large that we should have caught out limit out of it.

Maybe the inconsiderate person in the center console that ran directly through the swirling and breaking fish had something to do with them not coming back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After waiting and looking for another 20 minutes, we decided it was time to go bass fishing. I ran back down to mid lake and we started covering water with Rat L Traps & Tiger Shad Spinner Baits. The bite was slow, we did manage to catch 5 bass. Only one of them came in for a picture, the rest of them was 12"-13".

Thanks Larry, as usual I had a great time and look forward to our next outing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here for more...