Thread: Lake fairfax - trout fishing

Default Lake fairfax - trout fishing

I saw a recent add in the local Reston Times paper that mentioned Trout fishing at lake fairfax. Anybody out there try it? How is/was it? What kind of bait/lures did you use? Did you mainly fish the lake or the stream coming out of it?

Thanks, jfk

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHoliday View Post
    I saw a recent add in the local Reston Times paper that mentioned Trout fishing at lake fairfax. Anybody out there try it? How is/was it? What kind of bait/lures did you use? Did you mainly fish the lake or the stream coming out of it?

Thanks, jfk

Here is what I found Lakerboy...

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/troutfishing.htm :Toast:
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

I think its part of the urban trout program - if it is most any of the trout type baits like berkleys will do.

I grew up in Mass. and mainly did trout fishing in small brooks with crawlers and worms. Switching from trout to Bass is a big change. I may have to give lake fairfax a try and feel like a 15 year old again instead of a 50 year old.

I don't know anything about Lake Farifax, I caught 5 (4 rainbows,1 brook) at Rose River in Madison County yesterday. Used power bait.

i started researching trout fishing last night. I live close to locust shade park and it is part of the urban fishing program. it was stocked on feb 6 and wanted to take the kids and let them soak one of those berkley nuggets. i ended up working on the bath remodel that has been under way for about 6 months, but plan on trying next weekend. i will post results. has anyone fished locust shade?
    rgs,
    b.

Havn't fished locus shade but if antone who has kids from 4-12 yrs. old Quantico has a steam that they damed a small area about 50yds long and 1o yrds wide, and stock it full of trout for the kids. Adults can only help guys. Area is called Secon pool. Ive taken my kids there for years. Its great. Most of the time your not there long and you have your limit which is about the same time the kids lose there interest.