Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's missing?

Default what's missing?

So I was in the process of taking the boat to the lake today and somebody pulls up next to me and says hey something is hanging off your boat...so I get out thinking that one of the straps came loose or whatever....no its my F($($(#) trolling motor basically the actually unit got pretty scuffed up and the props are busted...everything seems to still work and I found where to order a new prop...the problem is the shaft itself is still super loose...I know this is kind of vague but if anybody has any idea of what might be missing or what I should be looking for at... there is the knob at the top of the trolling motor that holds the head and that is there but you can pretty much swing the shaft around as much as you want..I can still deploy it up and down.
    I'm about to play my Ace

What kind of motor are we talking about? Is it a foot controlled? Maybe post a pic that'll give folks a better idea. I'm sure the answer will come from somewhere!
    2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Overall Winner

2010 LAPR/VAO 150 Series Champion
    Walmart BFL All-American Qualifier

yes it is a minn kota trolling motor...bow mounted foot control....i'll try to take some pics when I take the new prop up to put on..
    I'm about to play my Ace

My question is how the heck the motor deployed up from the bracket rollin down the highway?
    Crank That Jank!

thats the million dolllar question
    I'm about to play my Ace

I know this is tough without a pic but you have the actually head and shaft that lays in the track you pull the cord the trolling motor flips up and slides down the tray over the boat..somehow the shaft came off the track (I think the the knob that screws at the top) came undone and that caused the shaft to come off the boat....now when the shaft is laying in the track with the knob closed at the top it has a lot of sway....I almost think that somebody messed with the trolling motor..I really have no idea of how it could have happened.
    I'm about to play my Ace

You dont think somebody loosen'd up the upper knob with the intent to steal it? just throwing it out there.
    Crank That Jank!

not sure if you wrote that before I wrote my part about somebody messing with it...that's really the only explanation I can think of....I do keep my boat in storage...i'm pretty pissed off about it...
    I'm about to play my Ace

I have a Motorguide which the head is attached to the shaft with 3 rivots, and the shaft is screwed into the lower unit with epoxy on the threads. Not sure what else could be causing yours to be loose. Like Mark suggested, throw some pics up when you get a chance. Sorry about that though
    Crank That Jank!

I don't know if there was more to the bracket with the knob because there is really nothing else there now to hold the shaft or if there was a piece lower down the shaft that secured it...essentially the only thing holding the shaft now is the bracket where the knob (but it is not flush with anything it is laying in there) is which is why it is swaying so much
    I'm about to play my Ace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast