Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what's missing?

not sure if this is it or not but on the shaft u have a ring that is set by the knob then when u lower there is an inner ring the shaft sits into when lowered into the water and that has a grove in it so that the motor has away of locking itself in one position to start, so when u step on the foot pad the motor goes to the position u want it to and stays there as it is locked in place and u go forward lftw,rt,

i know that some have a rope on the shaft to pull the trolling motor up with, anybody know how the rope goes so that motor comes up and locks in at the mount without haveing to get down and turn the shaft and motorhelp plese if u can so that it locks in place on the boat under that release button???

not sure if this will help,but there are two guys at gander mtn that know their stuff inside and out, big john is one and brian is the other, if u call them ask for fishing dept and one of those guys. They might also be able to help locate the part or they may have it. if u have not been there lately they have moved and inproved their fishing dept all within the same location..

not sure if this is it or not but on the shaft u have a ring that is set by the knob then when u lower there is an inner ring the shaft sits into when lowered into the water and that has a grove in it so that the motor has away of locking itself in one position to start, so when u step on the foot pad the motor goes to the position u want it to and stays there as it is locked in place and u go forward lftw,rt,

i know that some have a rope on the shaft to pull the trolling motor up with, anybody know how the rope goes so that motor comes up and locks in at the mount without haveing to get down and turn the shaft and motorhelp plese if u can so that it locks in place on the boat under that release button???

I think fishman hit it...inside the knob is a grove and there are 2 pieces of hard rubber that sit in the groves that lock the shaft in place...will I seem to be missing one of the 2...does anybody know if\where you buy them?
    I'm about to play my Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    I think fishman hit it...inside the knob is a grove and there are 2 pieces of hard rubber that sit in the groves that lock the shaft in place...will I seem to be missing one of the 2...does anybody know if\where you buy them?
    try something like this?

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Me...ide/parts.html
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

In one of your first few post you say you have a Minn Kota. In the chat, you said its a Motorguide. If its a Motorguide, I have an old bracket laying around that I wouldnt mind trying to take those little rubbers pieces out and give em to you. Just post back and clarify please what brand of trolling motor you have
    Crank That Jank!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123