Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marriage? Where are we headed?

Default Marriage? Where are we headed?

As I look around me I see a different county today than I remember growing up in. A rapid transition away from the moral standards (the old ways) as individuals, as a society, and as a nation. Most recently the debate of marriage between a man and a woman verses the marriage between two same sex couples. Their argument is what does it hurt? Does the marriage between two people of the same sex cause harm to anyone? It certainly doesn't hurt me: but I know it will cause harm to us as a collective nation. Gods word is very clear on that subject. A nation that follows gods law will prosper and a nation that doesn't will not. Pretty simple. As I watch the debates and read through the arguments I see a lot of bashing going on from both Christians and non believers. Both sides frequently misrepresent the word of god in their attempt to make their case. Too often the debate turns to personal attacks anyway; which makes it impossible to have any reasonable discussion about the subject. It's my opinion that gods word doesn't need to be defended let alone by me. His word clearly defines the boundaries of what a sinless sexual relationship is and is Not: and what a marriage is and is not. What is sad for me to witness is how many people are being duped! Not by politicians or others: but by Satin.

As a young marine I learned early to "know your enemy", his weapons and his tactics. Satin is an enemy to all of mankind. Satin comes to lie, deceive, and to destroy. That is who satin is! The way he operates is clearly seen in the book of Gneiss tempting Eve in the garden of Eden. We all know the story of the tree of "Good and Evil" and how it was forbidden to eat the fruit thereof. Most people miss the fact that in the garden God also put the tree of life there too: And it was not forbidden for Adam and Eve to eat of it. When Satin choose to tempt Eve he tempted her to eat the fruit from the tree of "Good and Evil": not from the tree of life. Why? Because Satin knew that Gods word was true; and if Adam or Eve ate of it they would surely die.

As you can see: Satin wants to destroy us and to keep us separated from our father in heaven; and from being saved by the blood of His Son Jesus Christ. Satin will accuse us: lie to and deceive as many as he can in order to destroy as many as he can in his lame attempt to fight against God and Jesus Christ. Satin knows the end: and judgement is coming. The closer it gets the angrier and more ferocious he will become.

I really believe that this country has lost it's moral compass and I also believe that God will judge our nation if we as a nation: refuse to repent of our sin and turn away from it. To be honest I do not see that happening anytime soon. There are too many that are buying into Satins deception and lies and that will keep multitudes of people from seeing Gods Truth; and unfortunately for them it will also keep them from being saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.

God Bless and see you on the water!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Thank you for this post Jim. I wholeheartedly agree with you. These are troubling times for sure, I'm nowhere near as close to Jesus as I need to be, but I'm working on it. The closer I've gotten to him the world seems to get worse. I don't believe its the world changing as much as it's my eyes being opened to what is and has been going on in it.

It's so very important to keep our loved ones and friends close in these times and talk and pray about the things around us, keep our kids close and lead trough example, we all know the right way is hardly ever the easy way.

God bless you for sharing your thoughts and stories with us!
    </div>

It is pretty simple to me. They pay the same tax rate as the rest of us and they should have the same rights. Call it a marriage or a civil union, I don't care, but they should get the same protections and benefits from the government they are helping fund. The United States, to me, if about equality. I believe a very import document states that is like the first sentence right? Our laws have to take care of all beliefs and allow all beliefs and the Bible is not the basis for all people. You choice and that is the way it should be. You are a awesome human being so don't take this as criticism, just a different perspective.

Your friend....
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

just1more, that is an awesome post by you. You put into words (much better than I) exactly my thoughts on this subject.

I could care less if gays and lesbians marry. However, it irks me no end that if you stand up and say you're against it, then you are percieved as a narrow minded bigot. Marry a dern sheep if you want to, just don't make me out to be the bad guy if I say that's F'd up.

Thanks for the post Jim I'm more in your court on most of the topic. With what Steve put in makes sense if 2 men or women love one another and there other half passes in time they should be able to get the same benefits as a godly married couple. "Do I believe in it or think it's right" NO! but this is not for me to judge I'll leave that to our lord, because I'm sure going to make the wrong decision on this and probably many others. This nations moral compass is defiantly not right and our lives are full of obsticle courses that has many and tragic pit falls to it. The best to all in this and hoping for good changes God bless
    2017 Ironman winner

We all have our sins, but I am glad mine don't include being attracted to other dudes.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Not that I got an IM asking for my opinion but here it goes....

I am by no means a religious person. I infact have thoughts and feelings on that subject that I will keep to myself so as not to offend anyone. I am also very much so a "Give me Freedom or Give me Death" type of a Patriot, however...

I am only 31yrs old. Old enough to appreciate the way it was, and young enough to understand the way it seems to be heading. I was born in the early 80's. I grew up in an area most wouldn't want too, and with this I was exposed to lets say many cultures. In my 31yrs of life I have seen more and more privilages granted to these varying cultures, to grant "The American" dream to everyone.... the problem isn't so much that other cultures are affecting my life, it is that the more liberties that are given, more and more are expected. We are quickly discovering that not everyone should be appointed the same liberties that others have.

When I was growing up, even in the SW suburbs of Baltimore homosexuality was taboo... In the 90's the term and lifestyle became more openly accepted.. In the 2000's it would become basically 2nd nature as you could turn on major networks and see shows like "Darma and Greg". During this time, as more and more liberties were granted to those that originally were not considered to be morally acceptable, I have watched a progessive demise in society. Now I will not be a biggot and say that I feel homosexuality is the cause of this countries problems by far.

The hypocritical part of this country, that actually gives me the giggles, is America was founded on Christian values. On our dollar bill it says "In god we trust". You cannot have a religious/christian foundry, with strong base, and then expect people to cave to anti-chrisitan ethics.

The other hysterical view that I have, is church and state. The main reason people fled to here during our foundry was the seperation of church and state..... Now part of our populous is requesting interjection of state to tell church they have to accept something??

I am by no means a scholar. My thoughts are just my thoughts, but EJP thinks enough is enough. The way this country is going, it sounds like it's time to take rights away from many different groups... not continue to grant offensive ones to others.
    Last edited by EJP1234; 03-28-2013 at 06:39 AM.

A lot of good friendly posts..I lean more towards Squires end...However I do agree with Jim that the country has lost its moral compass and I am worried about where we as a country are headed. I am also 31 years old and the world has changed a lot since I was born...I am pretty sure that it is going to change a lot more in the next 30 years, if we make it that long.
    I'm about to play my Ace

Rights are reserved for autonomous human beings. These are folks with relatively sound minds who have the ability to govern themselves. We don't give a full complement of rights to children, criminals, or to the mentally ill. Behavorial and mental issues have always been a reason to limit rights but also lift responsibilities and obligations. Being a free person takes much responsibility. We are not a police state and that is why are private sector was once so rich. We took care of much of the social obligations on our own. Don't litter. Don't steal. Don't be a pervert and violate teeny bopper girls or boys. Nowadays, hardly anyone has any honor or dignity. Look at some of our public boat ramps and the trash scum bags leave behind. It seems like such a small thing, but its indicative of how far we have fallen. I have known many gays and lesbians and never thought any of them were completely right despite what these psychiatrists want to push on us this day. Are they evil? I don't think so, but I don't see them as a mentally healthy. Young heterosexual people have an obligation to get married if they're going to put themselves in a position to conceive a child. Many of us come from divorced families and we know the impact of having biological parents who couldn't make it work. There needs to be a re-committment to this idea of traditional marriage. Where both parties understand to feel empathy for the other. Make an attempt to create a good life and history with each other, and treat each other well. It is an honorable and good lifestyle to try to understand someone who is very different from you. This sissy idea of marriage where if you marry someone just because you're in love is juvenile and doesn't quite define what a real marriage is. Give the mentally ill their sugar pill if we think it will make them feel better. Once they achieve this "victory", I think they will still find themselves very unhappy and try to find some other "right" they are being denied.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast