Thread: Buggs 4/27

Default Buggs 4/27

Back down to Buggs after 6 man and not much has changed. You would think the fish have moved up but we didn't see one fish on a bed. We launched at Palmers Point and the water temp was 63. We ran a series of points with no luck and decided to move shallow to see if the fish had moved up. My partner had one about 2lbs spit his crank and then we hit a couple of pockets where I scored with plastics. The fish seemed to be on the buck brush near gum trees. We moved into Keets and tried to find similar water and I scored a 3rd keeper. There was literally a boat in every cove. We made the run to Grassy and fished a bunch of cuts there but only one cut paid off. We made 2 passes in this cut and caught 3 keepers, jumped off 2 more and caught a couple of dinks. All of these fish were on plastics. After getting a limit, which I was stoked about after 6 man was so bad, I figured everyone else probably scored limits as well. Much to my shock, nobody else had more than 3 fish. This is a testament to how bad Buggs has gotten. In years past it would take double what I weighed to win, I won with a limit weighing a whopping 7-13 and my partner had big fish at just a little over 2 lbs. The lake level was perfect, water temps were good and got as high as 69, moon phase was right but I guess somebody forgot to tell the fish.

A win is a win Jody.

Great job on finding something.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Good job Jody, that place has become a real PITA!
    </div>

Atta boy, Jody. Nice work.

I must say, I'm glad I chose to fish the Potomac over that club tx at Buggs.

Between EJP and I we had probably had 2 to 2-1/2 Buggs limits (14+ inchers) on the day. So not a great Riva quality day, but we still had plenty of good strong fish to catch.

Maybe we should take Buggs off the schedule for a year or two?
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Congrats to ya Jody
    Crank That Jank!

I fished Angler's Choice at Buggs on the 27th. Probably caught 30 fish and our best 5 weighed a whopping 7.85. We sorted dinks from blast off to weigh in and had nothing of any size.

I fished Anglers Choice both Sat and Sun and I gotta say it was the worst two days I've ever had on Buggs. We only had 5 keepers over both days. There were a few on beds, but I believe the droping water level had the fish pulling back when they wanted to be moving up. My other thought was maybe most had already spawned and they were in a post spawn funk. We caught two from beds, two on propbait, and one on a shaky head all in the lower portion of the lake. Also had a few under14" fish on the top water, shakey and c-rig.
    2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Big Bass