Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Eazy E - Iron Man Tournament

Default Team Eazy E - Iron Man Tournament

Team Eazy E formed up again, and this time we were healthy and looking for a little redemption from the 4 fish shortcomings of the last VAO tournament.

Unfortunately, we struggled the 1st half, and only weighed 4 fish (again) for about 8.4lbs. We started in Wades, but it was getting blown out quickly. We picked up 1 on a frog here, but we had several misses where they were just not committing to the bite. Then with the SW winds we went back over to the beach where we put 3 in the boat flipping plastics. Then over to a grass bed in Potomac Creek, where we got a bunch of misses on the frog. They just were not committing at all, and it was frustrating to say the least. We both had our opportunities at #5 for the half, but it just never happened.

2nd half – EJP wanted to fish his confidence areas up river. We ran up north to a marsh/pad area (can't remember the name) and flipped pads with black/blue beaver style baits. EJP boated a large snakehead on the 3rd cast and then a couple keepers. After the light showing in the first half, we at least felt good for big snakehead for the rest of the day. We then ran across to a small grass area, but only staying about 5-minutes as it was pretty beat up and muddy and the grass wasn't even visible. We rand down to Mattawoman and flipped pads where we put 2 more keeps in and then over to Quantico creek. In Quantico we boated #5 on a frog and we had a small cull on the frog. We then went back to the beach for the last hour of the day and we put a nice 4lber in the boat on a frog - that was the one and only really good frog bite on the day. Most of them were rolls and slurps, but that 4lber wanted to kill it. 2nd half weight was only 11.90, but it was better than round 1.

We ended the day in probably 7th overall (25 boats fishing) with 20lbs something, which was, yep, about 1 fish out of the money...and about 1/2oz short of the snakehead pot. Dang-it!!!

We had lots of fun and caught some fish - so it was a good day. That being said, I'm truly concerned for the Riva now though. I haven't been fishing it but for a couple years, but I think the river is really struggling right now as a system. The grass isn’t around in some areas as it has been and the tx had lots of dead fish the other day – not sure exactly how many, but probably 10-15 deads were brought to the scales. I know they (MD and VA DNR’s) have confirmed LMBV, and I think it’s taking a toll. Broken livewells aside, there should not have been that many dead fish.

Also, at the marsh area we were in to start the 2nd half, EJP and I counted at least 30 dead bass floating in and around the pads…and they were all nice ones. Mostly 3-5lbers. Two were choked out on bait, one with a bluegill and one with what looked like a snakehead hanging out there mouths. There was also a gar two floating, and some dead shad, but not a single snakehead floating...tough little boogers. We saw a bunch of floating mussels too, which is never a good sign when talking water quality.

I’m worried the Riva may be on a real downswing for a bit.

Oh, and I'd like to know who the idiot was in the yellow/black boat (Skeeter or Cat) that cut us off right at the buoy at the beach. That was absolute dumbest freakin' thing I've seen anyone do in a boat. You cut in front of us, with both of us at full speed, to within probably 30-45 feet leaving us soaking wet from your prop wash. That's a real good way to get people killed. Absolutely idiotic and completely irresponsible.
    Last edited by gnfsnva; 06-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Nice report... And I too seen the skeeter cut you guys off. He went on the wrong side of the marker first off then cut in front of you guys. Not very smart!
    </div>

thanks for the report and sounds like your not the only person who has seen the idiot!
    I'm about to play my Ace

EK - It's always a pleasure to spend a day on the water with ya brother.

To the dude in the skeeter... I am usually very quick tempered... It took me a while to cool down inside from that bone head move you made. I honestly want to kick the crap outta you, but instead I thought of the situation like this... I care more for your child then you do apparently.. I saw the jr hop in your boat at the ramp. To think you were willing to put the life of your kid, as well as my life, and EK's families father/husband in jeapordy because you have a very small penis and tried to prove otherwise... it's sad really. I hope you read this and take that last thought in, you very well could have killed your kid trying to look cool.... not too cool is it? Please grow up and respect the several thousand pound machine you don't know how to drive. There is more to a bass boat then pushing the hotfoot as hard as your can and trimming it up... Also, FYI, the point you drove over at a lower tide is about 6"-1' at best.... $ cannot buy common sense, it was proven by you sir.
    Last edited by EJP1234; 06-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Nice report Ek! Sux about all the dead fish. We had one in the second half. Not sure what happened with that one. I caught one first thing in the afternoon and he was fine all day. Guess the stress from the spawn must be tough on them or something. Not sure but what yall saw up north doesn't sound good at all!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Nice report Ek, glad you guys had a good time, minus the bumble bee-dressed idiot.
    </div>

One more thing to add...we beat the ever humble JayT (aka BigTuna) too, so the day was a success despite not taking home a check.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Dont worry. The same guy yelled at me for some reason when I was idiling out of Aquia. Apparently being 100 yards inside the no wake is still in the way for those coming off plane. My co and I were like "what was that about?" Don't let it get you too upset there are alot of people out there(aka,. few choice words) This is one of the reason why I like the people from VAO over any other tournament trail (awesome group of guys)
    Great Report and Good job. . Applaud
    </div>

that same boat launched about 250 feet inside the no wake in the morning going out. Imagine that?
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Great work guys thanks for post Eric. Sorry didn't get to see a lot of you guys
    2017 Ironman winner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast