Thread: ....and now.....spark plugs!!!!!

Default ....and now.....spark plugs!!!!!

I developed a slight miss in my motor....(Mercury 225 Pro XS)...within the last 3 outings and it has been getting worse. Pulled the top 4 plugs yesterday just to see what they looked like and found one missing the "Platinum tipped ground electrode". So off I went back to Harbin this am and picked up 6. At $132 for 6...I handled them with extra care. Everything I have read and heard about changing these plugs in a motor, like mine, has been doom and gloom. Articles and even Chip at Harbin said I needed to remove the lower cowling around the motor to access the two lower plugs...NOT SO. It was a little bit of a chore, but I DID NOT have to remove the cowling. Just took my time and "got er done." Picture of the old plugs.....fourth from the left is the one missing the tip.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Man, I thought the plugs for my H.O. were expensive......

....and make sure you gap them to the correct gap. They do not come pre-gapped just because they are expensive.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

$132 and not pre gaped, what! Lol hope they work out and she purrs like a kitten
    2017 Ironman winner

Larry! I'm trying to save up to upgrade my electronics; you're milking me dry with all this maintenance stuff. But thank you for them, at 5,000 RPM a bad plug can be a broken engine real quick.

How old were those plugs?

A friend is a present you give to yourself