Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Idiot alert on the james river-would like your opinion

I'm with Kirk on this one. I could care less if you plunked down some cash to fish a tournament on a public water way. If the guy in the tournament comes in and asks for room that's one thing, but to expect it, that's not happening.

I thought thats where the snakehead came from, LM's posioned with enricheed uranium? lol

I honestly used to get irrate when this happens, and its mainly the reason I rarely fish on the weekends...

However I have found the best and most effective method is just flat out making fun of them... and doing it loudly too...

Then they realize how much of jackass they are, and usually leave to go do it to someone else lol... but atleast it isn't me. I do surrender a lot in the last year or 2, it's just not worth getting the blood boiling...

HIt them with a remark like, can't believe you paid an entry fee to and put on that fancy shirt to come play bumper boats with me... I haven't seen anyone where such a colorful and exiting shirt since "insert date here as some of us still where colorful shirt"...

or

I'm using black and blue, but you could have just asked, you didn't need to go to where it's landing to find out.

or

My name is Trailerman.... I'm not saying you can't get close enough to grope me, just ask my name next time, it's the honorary thing to do on a first date...

I agree with Kirk as well. Tournament participant or not, we all need to show each other some courtesy on the water.

Last edited by Snowblind; 07-02-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Crank That Jank!

In my opinion, I think regardless whether a person is out recreational fishing or fishing a tourney, respect and common courtesy prevails.. I tournament fish as well, but always try to apply the 50-75 yard rule of thumb.. If Trailerman was in a particular "spot" first, then he should have all rights to that spot until he leaves.. Regardless if he's in a tourney or not.. Again, common courtesy.. Most tournament rules cover the distances that you can fish within an area occupied by another boat, etc. I haven't seen where it said that particular boat had to be participating in the tournament.. The water belongs to no one specifically, and we should all be able to enjoy it regardless if we fish for money or not.. If you compare this to hunting public hunting grounds, what rule would be applied?? First one to the area has the right to it, correct?? Question answered.. Just my thoughts..
    Nitro 901 CDX w/Mercury 200 EFI dual 8' Power Poles
    TFO Rods Pro Staff
    TRC Covers Pro Staff
    Zeko Shoes Pro Staff

funny how a little money can turn some competitors into total flaming azzholes, while others in the same position are nice. When I was prefishing for the Potomac FOM I caught a nice 3 lb bass on a jig in Penrods and 2 Tx boats made a beeline for Brian and I. One was an FLW boat, who idled up and asked if he could cut me off and fish the rip/rap in front of me. I said sure and gladly gave way. Had he pulled up and just t-boned his way in front of me, I would have responded in kind and I know my pard would have chewed on their ears. Trailerman was unlucky enough to have some overly competitive guys with blinders on want that spot. My take on it is, if you really are a Tx caliber fisherman, you enjoy the challenges of having to adjust your gameplan and revel in your ability to do so as RARELY do you get to follow your gameplan anyway due to pressure, changing conditions/weather/rec turds etc....
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

A little courtesy is all it takes. " hey man, i'm fishing a tourney and did well here earlier, do you mind if I fish next to you?" will work 9 out of 10 times.

It's not just tourney guys but just pleasure boaters. Once at Walkerton, me and a buddy were trying to fish out of his john boat while being buzzed continually by jet skis and power boats. When we found a nice split in the channel that provided a nice barrier between us and the pleasure boaters some A** h*** saw what we had found and decided to started buzzing through the secondary channel. He waved the first time like he hadn't a clue what an annoying A** h*** he was being. The next time he rolled through there, my buddy yelled "What the F*** are you doing." That dude got a scared look on his face and never sped through there again. It was pretty funny because I'm non confrontational and not inimidating at all while my buddy can get pretty nasty. I enjoyed scaring that guy off. I felt like a thug.

Also I refuse to bank fish anymore at Aylett during the shad run because there's always a bunch of yahoos at that stupid fishing pier bottom rigging. They cast over you and get their stupid rigs in the way when people are trying to shad fish. I hate hate that pier. Ever since they built it, it attracts a bunch of annoying morons.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I know my pard would have chewed on their ears.
    don't you mean Brian would have just jumped over to his boat and taken a Shat.
    Steve Sekula
    "Sempr"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast