Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Idiot alert on the james river-would like your opinion

Default Idiot alert on the james river-would like your opinion

FISHED JAMES RIVER SATURDAY....IN WATER AT 4 AM..AT MY HOLE AT 430
    first fish in boat-445 am
    530-toyota series first flight launches
    2nd fish in boat at 535
    im fishing and the first boat on the flight in a bass cat comes right to my boat,less than 20 feet and probably closer to 15 ft,i said your not going to cut me off are you,ive been here for a hour and you should show some courtesy of 50 ft or more,he said your not anchored and i dont care what you think and your not in the toyota series,so now ive completely lost my temper and a cussing fest insues and i tell him,come a little closer,so i can jump on your boat and woop your ass,so he kept casting in front of my boat and i finally said...do you really want to make a guy who served in the military mad with....PTSD...he said something under his breath and his partner on back said lets go,so they left and i caught two more fish in the 2 lb range,now have 4 in boat.

here comes 2nd knuckle head in a nitro z9,i said how about some courtesy,hes within 15 ft of boat and at one point it was less than 10,he said you dont own the gd river,now get over it,now my day is shot to crap....so i tied on a crank bait and started casting to front of my boat,where he was casting and he had a cuss fest and i said if your all that big mr mouth,come on over here and get some,there was two of them on there boats...one of me,am i wrong for being pissed and whatever happened to courtesy,i can say this,they took the smart choice by not coming close enough for me to get on there boat.i would be in big trouble with law enforcement.....

well they left and i hit a rock with trolling motor.broke the shaft completely off..prop..everything gone.......

i told myself im not going to put boat on trailer till i have my limit which has been six days in a row to 7 lbs-11 oz,so i went to this boat dock and at 10 am had my fifth fish

went home and all i can say is i feel like i was back in the navy in a war zone...tempted and tested at every curve.....i give others a maximum of fifty yards...would like to know yalls thoughts

Post up some pics next time of the boats
    Crank That Jank!

First why in the world would you want to fish on a day with 180 boats fishing a TX on that body of water????????? I can understand you being upset but from the other side i understand the anglers fishing the tourney they are fishing for money and the schedule for that tourney was up and out for all to know about. So i think you are right you should probably get some space to fish but half a football field that is unreal to ask for. If you think what you have there is bad stay away from saltwater fishing cause you will have boats in 3-4' seas pull up with in 10' if you are on the right bite.

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

I just personally wouldn't go fishing somewhere that I knew a 150 boat tournament was launching. Your just asking for trouble. Also with all of your recent posts of these "huge" bags you have been pulling out of the river and you having a reconizable truck and boat why wouldn't you expect people to pull up and fish where you are at?
    I'm about to play my Ace

AT MY HOLE AT 430

It's not your hole, and were those fellas crossing the lines of courtesy, probably, but 50 yards in some places is not possible. It's competition fishing for many, with money on the line, so it just part of the game anymore, whether you are in the game or not. You were not anchored, so no rules broken.

I agree - take pics and hold folks accountable. Once the camera comes out, folks will move.

Also, that was a tournament with 180 or so boats. You can only expect to be encroached on with those kinds of #'s in a tidal fishery that can fish small - especially in Meades pit where you've posted bunches of shots of pics 2-days before the tx and where you've told the world they are eating.

I agree with Trailerman mainly because he is a veteran with PTSD and I don't want him to be pissed at me if he encounters me on the water.
    Thank God For Rednecks

You've been posting photos with landmarks in the background... though I wouldn't say they were huge bags as proclaimed, there were some nice fish..

Not saying thats the culprit, but I am sure it didn't help...

If I took a photo of myself on the potomac and posted it holding a good fish or 2 with lets say the big Navy dock at the south of mattawoman, I'd expect heavier then normal traffic there.
    Last edited by EJP1234; 07-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.

I fished in that tournament and ran to the Chick for that very reason. With that many boats fishing near the launch it gets crowded. You weren't anchored so 25 yards is a tournament rule with the tm down. Sounds like they got a little closer then that. I saw your truck in the lot so I figured you were there. I will normally stay out of the guys way that are fishing a tounament like that (if I'm fun fishing) and just fish new water if I go at all. Just my opinion.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Do the tournament rules specify how close one boat can get within the others? I've seen Bassmasters where two pros are in ear shot of each other.

Also, am I detecting a little "bass bag" envy on the board?
    Thank God For Rednecks

Smoke grenades tossed around will make guys nervous and cause them to leave - might need to toss a few

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast