Thread: Merry Christmas.

Default Merry Christmas.

The Christmas gift!

What is the gift?
    What does the gift mean to you?

Simple questions aren't they. A lot of times it's the simple questions that provoke the deepest thoughts.

Luke: 10/11. And the angle said unto them "fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ The Lord".

I remember once going down on the James river to pre fish on a Friday for a FOM tournament. I was there at the crack of dawn to get in every minute of the day in that I could for practice. On the way to my first spot I passed a john boat. Two guys were waving at me for help. I figured they had broken down and needed help so I shut down and eased up beside them to see what was going on. They said they ran out of gas and needed a tow. The bottom of their boat was filled with empty beer cans, they were half dressed and half drunk. Two rednecks out cat fishing all night who got drunk and ran out of gas half way back to where they had launched from. Justice says they deserved to be swept down river with the tide. Mercy says I should give them an ore and let em spend hours paddling their stupid butts back to the ramp. Grace said throw em a tow rope and tow em back.

Of course everyone of us would do the same in the same situation. It's gets a lot harder when you have a neighbor that isn't working and spends what what he does have on booze and lotto and then asks you for money to pay his electric bill or buy food for his kids.

There is a time for tough love; there is a time for justice; there is a time for mercy and then there is a time for Grace. Wisdom is knowing the differences and we must let our love for one another guide us.

So to me the greatest Christmas gift is Grace. Grace can only be generated from Love. God loved me so much he gave his only begotten son so I could be born again and saved. I didn't earn it; I don't deserve it. He gave it to me anyway because he loves me so much. His love for me isn't conditional on how much I love him or how successful I am at being "Good". As unworthy as I am, His love for me is unconditional and full of grace.

The birth of Jesus Christ: the Christmas gift: for me is Gods grace.

God bless and Merry Christmas.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Great post....

Very nice read Jim, great thoughts ounce again. Besides the gift you spoke of I am greatfull of the gift of my family, they are everything to me and thank the lord for them daily.
    2017 Ironman winner

I always think of family and friends. Those still with me and those that have passed. Family is ultra important in my life. I was so lucky to be adopted. Alot of kids dont make it out of the orphanage. Maybe thats why is such a part of my life

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Thank you for this post! Merry Christmas and God bless you and yours!

Great post Jim!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Merry Christmas indeed, Jim.
    </div>

Yes my friends; Merry Christmas to all of you and to your families!!!! And may God bless each of you and keep you safe always! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper