Thread: The Joy of Christmas!

Default The Joy of Christmas!

When remembering the past and raising my children I often reflect on all the ďFirstsĒ they went through. Their first step, their first words, or the first football game they played in or scored in. Even the first time they screwed up and the MPís brought them home lol. It was special times and I knew once that time had passed, they would not come again. I tried to make the most of every moment but sometimes when we are young and struggling, life robs us of some of that joy. Then the grandchildren came along, and history once again repeated itself. But this time I was older and wiser, and the times I shared with them were even more special than with my own children.

Thatís kind of the way I view Christmas now. Giving and getting presents at Christmas has always been a wonderful occasion. Thereís nothing like seeing your childrenís faces light up on Christmas day is there? Or seeing dad and mom getting something special they always wanted but never had; because they would rather spend it on us. I always liked the guessing game at Christmas: the shaking of the presents and tactically evaluating the sound, size, shape, and weight of the contents in the Christmas wrapped package ha-ha. Asking questions and gathering clues. I must have been too good at that because my family stopped playing that game with me lol. Here is a clue for you rookie parents; Hide the flashlights. As a kid I would use a high intensity flash light, hold it against the package and I could read what was on the box through the paper lol.

At first it was Santa Clause; but then the children grew old enough to figure it out. Then it moved to exchanging presents in honor of Christís birthday. And I see no harm in that at all. If there is any holiday worthy of celebrating itís the birth of Jesus Christ.

Now that I am even older and wiser lol; Giving has taken on a renewed sense of joy for me. Even in the little things. I guess thatís what getting old does to you. It happens to all of us sooner or later I suppose. I think too that graciously receiving and a gift is just as important. Can you imagine the hurt your child, spouse, or friend would feel if you rejected their gift? Or otherwise let that look on your face say that the gift was less than what you had expected. I couldnít live with that.

Godís gift to us is his Son Jesus Christ. I can only imagine the joy it must bring to our father in heaven every time someone accepts his gift and receives his son Jesus Christ as his or hers personal savior. What a gift; and what a blessing it is to them that receive it!

God bless you my friends and have the best Christmas ever!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Merry Christmas Jim- God bless
    Crank That Jank!

You are a special breed my friend. If my grandsons grow up to be half the man you are I will be very pleased! God has good things planned for you; I feel it in these old bones. Merry Christmas Wayne!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Very kind words Jim and I appreciate it. Your grandsons will be just fine, look who their grandpop is..../tu/
    Crank That Jank!

Merry Christmas Jim!!
    </div>

Merry Christmas to you and your family Jim.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."