Thread: The Blind Man.

Default The Blind Man.

John 9: Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
    Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

It’s interesting to see how we have a tendency to pick and choose select bible scriptures to create an image of what we believe God is or should be. The unbeliever will pick and choose select scriptures to also justify the reason for their unbelief. Then when things happen in life like a sickness, a death, senseless suffering, financial ruin, or many other life events that don’t fit the view we painted God out to be, we become disillusioned, angry, and in extreme cases causes us to renounce God or his existence.

Instead, what we should be doing is committing ourselves to understanding the true nature of God. A wise man will do that.
    The above scripture points out to me that this life is the opening act that precedes the main event. This for me is eternity in heaven. This life is about finding God, understanding who God is, and having a personal relationship with him; then sharing that good news with others as opportunities present themselves along the highways and by-ways of this life. If we are not diligent we can go through life blind without ever being born blind.

My view of God, indeed my relationship with Him should not be limited to just the good things in life but in the bad also. In understanding Gods true nature. The Marines didn’t promise me a rose garden and God didn’t promise me one in this life either. The fact of the matter is that many times in this life God is going to call on us to go through things that we would really rather not do, so that others can see Him through us. Just like the blind man above.

I don’t always understand why things happen good or bad. I sincerely thank Him every day for his blessings, mercy and grace; and when something bad happens I try to go through it knowing God has a purpose for it that I don’t understand yet; A purpose far greater than me.

God Bless and see you guys on the water.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Hmmm
    "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Amen and thank you for your posts! You have a gift for sharing God's word, well said!

I honestly can relate. I admit, there has been more than once these past 2 years I have sat and ask the same question "why me"? "What did I do to deserve this"? but then I look around at others and it could be alot worse. Thanks for the post Jim
    Crank That Jank!

Well said once again Jim.
    Rob
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

How did St Francis say it? Make me an instrument of thy peace. Could just as easily be 'of thy grace'. A great reminder you've given us, Jim.

Great post from a great person thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    I honestly can relate. I admit, there has been more than once these past 2 years I have sat and ask the same question "why me"? "What did I do to deserve this"? but then I look around at others and it could be alot worse. Thanks for the post Jim
    Your light shines bright Wayne. I can't imagine how tough it's been for you and your family. Watching you handle it the way you have is a constant encouragement to me and my family. God bless Wayne. And may he bless you with a blessing to big to receive it all.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper