Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Lake Anna Paper Map ?

Default Best Lake Anna Paper Map ?

Looking for The Best Lake Anna Paper Map. What does every one use or recommend ?:Captain:
    I'm either Going to, Coming from or Thinking about Fishing :Fishing:

Quote Originally Posted by A-FISH-ON View Post
    Looking for The Best Lake Anna Paper Map. What does every one use or recommend ?:Captain:
    I like the GMCO maps. Also, I got one of the Aerial Photography maps where they took photos of before the lake was cleared and pools (wish it had the cleared area's but....oh well)....Using that for example, I found a couple farm ponds that were filled over, the dam's left in place....One if pretty famous over accross from Hunters Landing, the other near the mouth of Contrary and the main lake....

I got mine from Woods and Waters Magazine site, but I just went there and all their store URL's 404 on me, so either they are doing some work, or they they are ignoring it and don't realize they have problems, or, are having problems in these economic times......

If it is working, they sell them and I've in the past had good luck with them...Otherwise, the GMCO maps can be bought on their website too...I use the Pro Series.

http://www.gmcomaps.com/

The pro's on tour use Navionics paper maps....not much help there as they don't cover Lake Anna for their paper Hot Maps.....but check them out if you are looking for other lakes outside of VA..

http://www.navionics.com/HMPaperCatalog.asp
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

I second the Motion with the GMCO then follow up with a Navionics Chip.
    Kris
    John 3:16

everyone's on point here can't beat a GMCO and a navionics chip! oh by the way, let the navionics be your friend on the potomac
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    everyone's on point here can't beat a GMCO and a navionics chip! oh by the way, let the navionics be your friend on the potomac
    Yea, but don't do what I did. I was participating in one of those take the wounded soldiers fishing things put on by fairfax bass, and was GLUED to the GPS to avoid grounding out....blew right thru 2 no wake bouyies and got pulled over.....those guys are nasty in an instant if you give them any grief....anyway, once I told them I was new to the water and taking wounded soldiers fishing (they were sitting right next to me and its pretty obvious), they let me go, but my advice if you go into DC waters......

KEEP ALL YOU PAPERWORK HANDY, including your Boater Safety certificate, and KNOW where the no wake zones are around the bridge....AND if you like to fish the Ft. McNair wall, stay off about 50ft as the MP's are jerks and call the coast guard if you fish too close.....Coast Guard likes to show up in those rubber boats with M60's (machine gun) pointed at you.....jeeze.....

But, taking these guys out is well worth it. I'll put out a post when the next one calls for volunteers.....
    cheers,
    Steve

I was told those coast gaurd guys can find orifices in your boat you didn't know exist.

I got the GMCO maps for several water ways and like them alot
    2017 Ironman winner

That's why I love my south areas..I hate DC... Yuk!! LOL!!!!
    John 3:16

Also be sure not to break out your camera when fishing in Quantico creek. In fact in 07' the onboard camera man might have cost an elite series angler the tournament as he was forced to abandon his primay area in quantico
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    Also be sure not to break out your camera when fishing in Quantico creek. In fact in 07' the onboard camera man might have cost an elite series angler the tournament as he was forced to abandon his primay area in quantico
    Marines don't like their toys photo'd?
    cheers,
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast