Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turkey fever

Default turkey fever

Everybody ready for spring turkey? I've heard reports of seeing a few strutting and hearing.a few gobbles already.

We seen 4 in the field Tuesday all blowed up. I can't wait have the itch bad. Going to my son's in flash to Hu t hogs and turkey March 14th. Will hopefully have some pics to post

Saw two strutting this morning I think they are getting ready

I'm ready, I haven't personally seen any strutting yet but I'm sure with warm weather.coming this weekend it will wake more of them up. I went to the western va big gam show last sat, and got the urge and bought a couple new calls. I got a glass call, and a push box both made by perfection calls. Both sound really nice and I'm looking forward to trying them out. I also have a new spot this year, I drew a quota hunt in Amelia. I'm really excited about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I cant wait for spring turkey season - nothing better than hear that tom sounding off in the woods

Anybody else seen that new turkey load by Winchester called longbeard? It supposed to be good out to 60 yds, the shot is held together with resin to make it tighter at longer distances. I think this is great for 50+ yard shots, but I doubt it would be good at 20-30yds.

I've been helping a neighbor with a beaver and otter problem here in Floyd. Saturday morning I'm out checking beaver traps and there were 4 gobblers and 3 hens in one of the fields. The gobblers were blown up and I just had to stop and blow the horn a couple of times to get them to shock gobble. I also saw of all things a friggin snake. We still have snow in a lot of places here. I was walking down the creek and sure enough, a snake laying in a sandy spot soaking up the sun. Also saw my first spring lizard. Just around the corner boys!

I saw that new turkey load in bp I picked it up and set it back down I like em close ill stick with the Mathews and have the boom stick on standby

Cant wait to get one. Favorite time of the year. Hunting in the am. Fishing in the pm.

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Default turkey fever

Here's a pic to get everyone fired up my grandson with his first bird from Florida s youth turkey season. Missed the long beard at 20 yards and connected on the Jake at 34 yards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast