Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chickahominy River Fishing Report Black stump creek

Default Chickahominy River Fishing Report Black stump creek

Me and my buddy were winding down and went into black stump creek and fished wood again............first bass was 8 lbs...4 oz...the next was 7.23 lbs..23 lbs and gave us a 23 lb bag..........seems to me anyone who wants to catch monster bass..........black stump and buzzard bay...wont say the bait because we are pre fishing,but we are on fire.....water was what id called merky because of all the rain....

All i need to do now is find a gas pump between osborne landing and the creeks...so we can catch big fish saturday......if anyone knows of one...pass it on to me please............i have a long haul saturday am............no we didnt take pics because we dont want to disclose locations and yes it has happened..so i hope to post pics saturday at weigh in.

Hope you not "burning up" all your fish dude. Good luck
    Crank That Jank!

Jamie - nice fish, dood. Congrats.

So, every time you post a fishing report here in the general topics section one of the admins has to go in and move it to the James River section below (where everyone else posts fishing reports). You'll get more attention to what you're posting and more would benefit from your efforts if you'd save the admins some trouble. The site is set up in a pretty smart way to enable all who use it to better learn, grow, and share as fisherpeople. How about it?

Again, nice fish.

im sorry

TM, good luck Saturday and safe travels. The james will be full of debris. It just peaked out and is falling now, the downtown gauge is at 9.26 feet.

As far as I know your best bet for fuel is Jordan Point.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

You might want to ask your director if its in fact even legal to leave your boat to get fuel. Dont see how that would be considered an emergency. Hate to see you get DQ with a 25lb bag of fish just for stopping to refuel...
    Crank That Jank!

Filling up during a tx sorta sux but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to bring inn fat sacks
    2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    You might want to ask your director if its in fact even legal to leave your boat to get fuel. Dont see how that would be considered an emergency. Hate to see you get DQ with a 25lb bag of fish just for stopping to refuel...
    I have never heard of a trail that would outlaw refueling. Running out of fuel, especially on a busy waterway like the James would most definitely be putting yourself in an emergency situation. As long as you don't fish from anywhere except on the boat, I can't imagine someone having an issue with this. Any more from the more experienced Tx guys?
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Per Priority Series Rules:

Tackle and Fishing Methods
    ..."No competitor may leave the boat to land or catch fish."

Emergencies
    "Competitors shall remain with their partners in the boat at all times during the tournament, except in
    the event of sickness or brief excursions for “nature calling”, severe storm or other such hazard. It
    is permitted for a competitor to leave the boat for marina services. "

I'd say you're in the clear, but it will never hurt to ask. You should probably go ahead and call or email the TD for verification.

Tournament Director: Steve Camp at 804 715 2629 email stevecampjr@gmail.com

Looks like he will be fine then to leave the boat to get fuel. Thanks for the rules Erik. I found the same rules on Priority site as well. Can somebody shed some light on the 3rd sentence? I have never seen this as a rule. The way Im reading it is if you get stuck, say on a mud flat, and you were heading down river, after you get yourself unstuck, you have to head back upriver. Am I reading that right?
    Emergencies
    Competitors shall remain with their partners in the boat at all times during the tournament, except in
    the event of sickness or brief excursions for “nature calling”, severe storm or other such hazard. It
    is permitted for a competitor to leave the boat for marina services. Competitors may leave the boat
    to dislodge it, but only to return the boat in the direction it came from. Leaving the boat to advance it
    is not permitted. (In falling water conditions, a team may leave the boat to advance it only to return
    from water they accessed without leaving the boat.) If for any reason either or both team members
    decide to leave the tournament waters early, both members shall bear full responsibility for notifying a
    tournament official. If one team member leaves the water early, he/she must notify the director before
    returning to fish and the other team member may continue fishing in his/her absence. In the event that
    he/she does not intend to return, his/her partner may continue fishing alone for the remainder of the
    tournament hours. In case of a breakdown, one partner may return with fish by another tournament
    boat while the other partner is permitted to stay with the disabled boat.
    Crank That Jank!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast