Thread: HELP!!!

Default HELP!!!

I have a min-kota 55lb thrust power V bow mount. I had to order a new shaft for it, I put it back together and the left and right turning work fine but i can't get the prop to turn? I thought the two wires under the top of the unit may have gotten knicked so I unplugged the black, then the red, But even with both wires disconnected i get the same result, the turning works without anything plugged up? but the prop won't turn with one, two or none hooked up, WTH is my problem?

The right and left turning is controlled by a cable not by wires if its the same as a motorguide. Can you post a pic of your TM please? Sounds like you are not getting power to your Trolling motor
    Crank That Jank!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    The right and left turning is controlled by a cable not by wires if its the same as a motorguide. Can you post a pic of your TM please? Sounds like you are not getting power to your Trolling motor
    Cant post on this site, says pic is too large!

I can hear it clicking in the bottom unit when i hit thrust, you are right about the cable running the turning i would guess, i'll have to check the battery although it says fully charged, i did have bottom off to remove fishing line, i wonder if something needs lined up to turn prop?

Well, took it apart again and sanded the connections inside the top unit and on the battery terminals, although they didn't seem corroded, put it back together and it works! thanks Wayne for the reply and info on the wiring.