Thread: Putting the cross in perspective!

Default Putting the cross in perspective!

Let me put the cross in perspective for you: There is a man who kidnapped a 14 year old girl. For 12 days he tortured her and repeatedly raped her. When he was done with her he hit her in the head with a hammer and then buried her in his back yard. He was caught, tried, found guilty and sentenced to death by execution.

How many of us are willing to take one of our own children; be it a son or daughter; and put him or her in the place of this criminal so that he can be saved from death? Dwell on that for a minute. He is strapped down to a bed with the IV in his arm for the drugs to be administered to kill him. You stop the process untying him and put your own son down in his place to be executed. How many of us could love that guy enough to do something like that.
    Answer: NONE. But that’s exactly what God did. His love for us is so great that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE! And yes; even the most disgusting of our society is loved that much by god.

Two criminals were being crucified along with Jesus; one mockingly said to Jesus “If You are the Christ, then save yourself and us.” The other criminal humbled himself and believing rebuked the first one saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” Then Jesus replied “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

One man believed and the other did not; one went to paradise and the other to Hades.

It’s that simple!

God Bless and see ya on the water “god willing”.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Nice, Jim.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

I see you've been listening to David Jeremiah lately.

When you stop and think about it, its mind blowing to think that Jesus would go through that torture for us. How quick are we to judge each other with the things that we do yet He is quick to forgive us, if we believe in him and only ask. I know I at times struggle with how I feel about some people and maybe not so quick to forgive them. He sees the good in all of us even when we can not. He is an amazing God!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions