Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Moomaw 5-10

Default Lake Moomaw 5-10

Anybody that is interested my club, August County Bass Jon's, will be having an open tournament this coming Saturday (5/10) at Lake Moomaw from 7am-3pm. Cost of tournament is 35 dollars. We are launching from Bolars Point.
    I'm about to play my Ace

What's the payout like?
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

the information is on the website...see you there Erik?
    I'm about to play my Ace

Aaron, I just went back and looked at this. Is this for real? http://www.acbassjons.net/mycustompage0052.htm

Only a $200.00 for 1st place, and 2nd is only $100 only if there are 30 or more boats.

If 30 boats fish, that's $1050.00 in entry, and y'all are only paying out $300.00 total? A less than 30% payback? With the other $750 going to whom?

If only 15 boats fish that's 525 collected with 225 going somewhere (still only about a 40% payout). It only goes up from there as far as money collected that is not going back to the anglers...doesn't seem right.

I'm not really trying to pick here, but what is the purpose of this tournament and where is the other money going, above and beyond the 200, or possibly 300, paid out?

No, you won't see me there...I'll be with my kids on Anna
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Just to make this known that the club is spending 400+ for the insurance policy and permit to fish there. So at 15 boats it's in the hole, and I'm not sure about this but I think the money helps pay for kids day expenses. I still think a larger payout would bring more boats out.

Yes, agreed that a better payout would increase participation...Just hope the feesh be biting!
    I'm about to play my Ace

Quote Originally Posted by pwrfishnfool View Post
    Just to make this known that the club is spending 400+ for the insurance policy and permit to fish there. So at 15 boats it's in the hole, and I'm not sure about this but I think the money helps pay for kids day expenses. I still think a larger payout would bring more boats out.
    A 1 place payout is only attractive if it is substantial, and $200.00 is far from substantial when y'all are looking at collecting potentially a $1000 in entries.

The flyer also doesn't mention that it's a 'fundraiser'? Either way, most all tx's, fundraisers included, are at least 80% payback.

Just my .02
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Quote Originally Posted by pwrfishnfool View Post
    Insurance policy for what? Just have everyone sign a waiver that releases the club from any liability. Permit? What kind of permit is needed? I see clubs having tournaments there all the time, mine included, never heard of a permit being needed. I too had thought about coming until I saw the payout. I think if you paid a place for every 7 or 8 boats you would have much better participation.

Just a guess but I believe the insurance policy is required through BOLAR MOUNTAIN RECREATION AREA. The insurance waiver releases Bolar from any law suits. Bolar Mtn does charge 85.00 just to use their picnic area.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Insurance policy for what? Just have everyone sign a waiver that releases the club from any liability. Permit? What kind of permit is needed? I see clubs having tournaments there all the time, mine included, never heard of a permit being needed. I too had thought about coming until I saw the payout. I think if you paid a place for every 7 or 8 boats you would have much better participation.
    Crank That Jank!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast