Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellow FOM Anglers

Default Fellow FOM Anglers

Ok guys, out of all the bodies of water we will be fishing this year which one or ones do you feel will cause you the most dificulity? Mine is the James in July. I am totally clueless. I have fished the James off and on for over 8 years and have weighed in one limit over 8 pounds just one time.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

8 lbs. on the James is about the average that time of year. That's the tx I'm most comfortable fishing. This Anna tourney is going to kill me. I never do well at Anna!!! Although I haven't fished Gaston since I was a little kid but I feel more confident fishing somewhere I've never been then Anna!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by just1more View Post
    Ok guys, out of all the bodies of water we will be fishing this year which one or ones do you feel will cause you the most dificulity? Mine is the James in July. I am totally clueless. I have fished the James off and on for over 8 years and have weighed in one limit over 8 pounds just one time.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

well i would normally say the james because i seem to struggle during the summer on the river. Plus my boat can't hold enough gas to go to the chick and back. but right now, with the recent inconsistency, i would have to say anna has me pretty confused. I wouldn't normally worry about anna, but with the recent weather patterns and fish behavior, you could hit a goldmine or go down hard. overall the james i would say, because last year i bombed and it kept me from regionals, but anna has got my attention this week!
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

sorry about this w/e turney jay it lookes like all the ppl I rember from doing good last year struck out...GLAD me and bigcountrey didnt go

I know J is feeling bad but we learn as much from failure as we do with success. It dont help the wallet though. Dirtman too because it sounded like he was on a winning bag of fish. Both will will redeem them selves and I am sure of it.

For the last 2 years have had the most trouble with Chesden.

I loved Chesden. Had 2 FOM wins there but its histroy now. Gaston took its place.
    Anna, Gaston, Kerr, Potomac, and James. The two that I think will give me the most trouble will be Kerr and James. Kerr will be mostly post spawn, and I'v always been cluelss about the James. If the water at Kerr is in the trees 10 feet above normal pool I will do OK.

Chesdin was one of my favorite fisheries, until FOM put 70 boats on it. thats the reason they chose gaston, we were just to big for the lake, i might try and fish the open if my wallet can handle. its one of my favorite places to go. gaston should be a big fish tournament.

Buggs could be tough, but it might setup as a carolina rig crankbait bite, or atleast we hope it will. I will struggle on the james, but i think i don't stay long enough in productive areas, due to my gas tank size i have to stay around the appomattox up, there are plenty of fish there, and plenty of tournament winning fish there, its just a matter of catching them, last year we were one fish from regionals and we caught 5 or 6 11 3/4 - 11 7/8, that hurt alot!
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

My brother and I finally made a check at Chesdin last year. Before that we stunk it up there! We do pretty well at Kerr. If Walter (my new partner this year) and I are in contention come the James I'll feel good. Mike and I lost a fish at the end of the 2nd day of the Regional that would have put us around 9th or 10th (Walter finished 10th). We finished 23rd. Of course we fish the James all the time. First Castaways tx is April 11th. I'm excited about that one!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Just1more - Let's talk at the Gaston event. I have some notes on the James that might be helpful. We'll open up the map and go over what I've learned. Will prob arrive late for the meeting, but can link up w/ you afterwards.

Happy to do the same thing for Kerr. I'll go down to Clarksville late THUR afternoon. Will be staying in the Best Western there.

B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast