Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any interest

where is Team Tin these days?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknbucklures View Post
    where is Team Tin these days?
    I'm in Wisconsin interning with Case IH for the summer and possibly into the fall. Only got to do one redfish trip after graduation before I had to leave for Wisconsin! Myself and Andrew (fishinva89) would have loved to do this tournament with yall. Sounds like a blast. But since the boat is my dads and its still in VA, no Team Tin for the summer unfortunately. But keep the redfish and flounder reports coming. Really enjoying reading them even though I am about as far away from the salt as possible.

Wisconsin? I thought it was Michigan. I went down with some family to Emerald Isle the last four days and tried paddling around Bogue Sound. The sound is very wide there, but much of it is about a foot if that during low tide. I was on the very shallow side far away from the main channel. I never really got to fish it at high tide because that was mainly happening in the middle of the night. I still managed to catch my first Redfish. I'd estimate him to be about three pounds but still fought really hard. I was using a my Revo Inshore baitcaster spooled with 40 or 50 pound test braid with an old 7 foot medium powered Triumph rod. The rod and reel combo handle the fish fine and the electric chicken redfish magic was retrieved in tact. He still pulled some drag, zig and zagged, and got real violent. I can see how catching those can get addicting. I caught this one near an oyster bed. I really like that that Triumph Rod. I broke my Avid Crankbait rod two weekends ago, but that cheapo Triumph is still kicking butt.

I was fishing Gulp Mullet but couldn't take little fish biting off the tail any longer. I also bought these little 1/8 ounce Gulp Jig heads that are for swimming the bait more than for jigging. I was having some difficulty getting that mullet on there and ended up stabbing my finger two or three times before I got the hang of it. Once on that jig, those things aren't coming off. It's a good design but you have to rig it perfect to pop it on.

There's a store down there called REEL OUTDOORS and it has a lot of good saltwater lures and gear. I should have asked more questions about where to go while I was there. I spent most of the day Saturday paddling around in 7 inches of water waiting for the tide to roll in. By then it was getting dark, my neck was killing me, and I was pretty angry that I hadn't caught one stinkin redfish when I circled back to those oyster beds now surrounded by about a foot and one half of water. When that thing hit, I knew it wasn't a flounder. The sun was setting, and people were calling my cell thinking I had drowned since it was so late, but that redfish sure made that pain in my neck go away.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Yep, cheese land!

Nice work. We used to go to Emerald Isle every year for vacation. The Reel Outdoors is a nice place. And I have caught 10+ fish on one redfish magic spinnerbait. Put a Bass Assassin sea shad on there and you will only have to change it after a whole bunch of fish. Unless you tie into a blue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12