Thread: Heart and Desire

Default Heart and Desire

When it comes to fishing and hunting there are many of us who love the experience more than the results. So itís ok to let that Buck or turkey pass by today and if I donít catch but a few fish tomorrow thatís ok too. But there comes a point in time when we also have an expectation to get results and bring home the bacon. Going fishing or hunting a few times a week without ever seeing a deer or catching a fish will get old quick and you will either do something positive to achieve a different result or eventually you will give it up altogether. To effect change we must first get to a point where our circumstances are no longer acceptable to us and then have the desire to change the outcome.

And so it is with life and our relationship with our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ. Too often we live life on a day to day basis, accepting the outcome whether it is good or bad. We live a reactive life. We rejoice when times are good and curse our circumstances when times are bad. As a result our life becomes a roller coaster filled with highs and lows: being blown to and fro as easily as the wind blows a leaf one direction this minute and the opposite direction the next. Many will live their life this way until the day they die. But it doesnít have to be that way. You can accept it or do something to change it. You can have peace in your life; you can have a better marriage, a better relationship with you children and friends, you can have a rock steady life filled with peace and joy. God said; and it is written, ďSeek yea first the kingdom of heaven and all these things will be given unto thee.Ē

But to effect change you must first get to a point where being blown about as a leaf is no longer acceptable; and then have the desire and commitment to change your life and your relationships with others.

All it takes is "Heart and Desire" !

God bless
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Great post Jim! The same can be said for the Christian also. I know I find myself going through tough stretches where I try to deal with all the stressful things I have going on myself instead of praying about them and asking the Lord for help. I can get so caught up in the stress of my job and other every day things that I will get slack on reading my bible and communicating my struggles with God. Its times like that that I feel like a leaf blowing in the wind! lol To the people who do not believe in Christ its hard for them to understand the peace you receive when you communicate your problems with the Lord and ask Him for help. The problems may not go away instantly but you will maybe have a better understanding of what to do and things will fall into place to help you get out of your struggles over time.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7)

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7)

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones” (Proverbs 3:5-8)
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions