Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick Redfish mission Saturday evening

Default quick Redfish mission Saturday evening

My girlfriend had a 31 party to attend and was taking the lil man with her so I decided it would be a perfect time to slip out for a few drum. I didnt even call anyone like I normally do, just felt like doing a solo mission with some peace and quite for a change. Snatched the Jon boat, flew down to the ramp and set the minnow trap while i was waiting to launch. got the boat in the water by 3:00pm and headed for some of the deep little troughs along the bayshore where the reds stack up on high tide. HAD A BLAST! Caught a bunch of pups with the three in the pic being my 3 fish limit and everyone was on a DucknBuck Popping Cork or one of the 3 inch Copper/ charteuse Backwater Minnows I poured the night before.

Name:  Resized_NCM_0009.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  resized_NCM_0006.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  99.0 KB

Name:  resized_NCM_0003.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  88.2 KB

I Also had a pig hooked up but when got my reel down to 30 yards of 10lb line I was forced to either tighten the drag and hope or let him spool me.. Soon as I tightened the drag he broke me off. It was easily a 30 inch red judging from the tail that came up a few times. Needless to say, I ripped off the half empty spool of old stuff and put back a FULL spool of 12 lb back on the reel. Also caught one speck and one rockfish... Great 3 hours of fishing!

Looks like a good time and good eating.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by skimerhorn View Post
    Looks like a good time and good eating.
    Made Fishcakes out of them... MMMMMMMMMM!

hey skimmer how are ya.. long time no talk! been scouting any ducks or blind locations yet.....

Its lbhansford from DHC in case you were wondering

Haven't been scouting for ducks quite yet, do have a few spots in mind for a woodie hunt but that's it. If you need some help with those bufflehead, I'm always ready to help. Lol.

Looks like you've been doing pretty good with your lures and putting something tuff on the fish!

You all read for hunting season? I'm actually Goin to MD this year to try and shoot a sika deer. Shoot me a pm sometime and maybe we can get together for a beer, fishing or hunting. Glad to see you joined this forum, it's a good one.

Nice work Blair. Nothing better than some puppy drum pullage in the afternoon.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Quote Originally Posted by skimerhorn View Post
    Haven't been scouting for ducks quite yet, do have a few spots in mind for a woodie hunt but that's it. If you need some help with those bufflehead, I'm always ready to help. Lol.

Looks like you've been doing pretty good with your lures and putting something tuff on the fish!

You all read for hunting season? I'm actually Goin to MD this year to try and shoot a sika deer. Shoot me a pm sometime and maybe we can get together for a beer, fishing or hunting. Glad to see you joined this forum, it's a good one.
    I have been... selling alot of tackle to all kinds of folks across the US. Small quanities but people seem to be happy with it and catching fish on it!

I would love to have you down for a hunt. About to start bushing and tagging blinds next week.

I am MORE THAN ready to stat taking some geese! Lost some great spots over the course of the year to land development so my deer hunting will be minimal at best.

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    Nice work Blair. Nothing better than some puppy drum pullage in the afternoon.
    thanks JayT .... so have you looked at the weekend weather... YEP YOU GUESSED IT!!!! NE10 -15 What the HALE! Watching it closely and if the sun breaks at all friday -sunday i will be putting a gaff in a cobia! whats your schedule

Nice fish!
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by ducknbucklures View Post
    thanks JayT .... so have you looked at the weekend weather... YEP YOU GUESSED IT!!!! NE10 -15 What the HALE! Watching it closely and if the sun breaks at all friday -sunday i will be putting a gaff in a cobia! whats your schedule
    I'll have to let you know, I might be going to Baltimore to pick up the gf's parents new sportsfisherman. 47' footer, pretty badass. It'll be docked up permanently in Manteo in a few weeks. Hopefully it should turn into a few cheap offshore trips!
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast