Thread: Swift Creek Personal Best 7/23/14

Default Swift Creek Personal Best 7/23/14

Went out from 10am-3pm or so. Weather was sun and clouds, around 85 with southwest breeze light to moderate. Could not find a bite for hours. Big worm, jig and pig, topwater in shade, etc..... Then hit a spot that has produced some small ones for me but is known to hold bigger fish. Bought a new jig and put on a trailer I liked. Heavy jig just seemed to be getting pine needles and stuff. Felt mush on line, set hook, and felt snag. Then I felt some movement , then nothing. Thought I just got off snag and reeled in fast to recast but realized there was still a fish on line, set hook again and realized it was big bass running towards boat. Got her in net and hook was barely in her. 7lbs even and 22 1/4" bass..... by biggest before that was around 6 1/2lber.....

Joefroggy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    </div>

One heck of a fish. Saw that swift creek reservoir was recently in the news about public access. Think it will happen?
    Matt Ohlschlager

Quote Originally Posted by Oshfamily View Post
    One heck of a fish. Saw that swift creek reservoir was recently in the news about public access. Think it will happen?
    I doubt it. I see both sides of story. I see anglers wanting access to public water, I've been on that side of fence before. Now I live on other side of fence and see the disgusting mess the shoreline anglers leave over by Genito and Woolridge. Brandermill and Woodlake have hard enough time enforcing their own residents from making messes, following rules, etc.... I guess my question is who would monitor public ramp areas? Who would clean up lake with more garbage that would end up in it? There are volunteers in Brandermill that clean up the streets and stuff, not sure they should have to go out and clean up entire shoreline too..... I just don't see it happening. There are so many fishing illegally from shore at both Genito and Woolridge and sometimes in Brandermill too.... if they can't get a handle on that, how will they handle even more fishermen?
    </div>