Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

If you have a Lowrance HDS unit and have a Navionics card in the unit here is a video on how to get and use some of the different features. http://youtu.be/xd2BSAOkslo

This is one of my best kept secrets about a Navionics Card in a Lowrance HDS unit. If I'm fishing a lake with many docks in them I always run the Depth Highlight Feature. So if I'm on a dock pattern and I'm catching fish off docks in between a certain depth lets say 10-15 I will go into Chart Option then View and you will see it at the bottom. Once its set everything in white will be between that depth range you have picked. You can find the docks with the right amount of water on the ends of them. This feature is not only good for just docks you can use it for whatever range you want to fish. One thing I like to do first is to take the Safety depth off before running this feature. Give it a try and see how beneficial it can be Name:  shot 40 copy.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  366.2 KB

That's a pretty cool feature! definitely can save you time on the water.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

That is a good feature and is not available with Navionics on Humminbird units. It is with Humminbird and Lakemaster, BUT Lakemaster has no coverage in our area yet.

I use a chart+chart+sonar so much I also use to for navigational purposes to like Ill have one chart zoomed in to my location while running and Ill have the other chart zoomed out so I can see further ahead. I also found if you're running the Fish N Chip on it doesn't show you docks for some reason.

Have you tried the Fishing Range or the Water Level feature on the Navionics App? If you fish many reservoirs where the water level will fluctuate from 3ft-25ft the water level feature the whole map will adjust to the water level being down. I know guys fishing South Holston Reservoir love this feature. On top of that you can do the fishing range as well. It gets even better you can turn on the Sonar Charts too and gain even more contours. I have a comparison of the Nautical Charts on the left and the Sonar Charts on the right thats where people have gone out and record Sonar on there Humminbirds, Lowrances, Simrad, Raymarine, and Garmin and uploaded them to Navionics to help improve the chart for you and others. Name:  South Holston.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  525.8 KB

If you're running a Lowrance HDS with a Navionics Card you never had the option of customizing your Safety Depth it was set on 6,18,30, & 60. It seemed like sometimes I wanted to concentrate on something in between those number but it was just not an option. Well I figured out how to customize and pick the depth I wanted to be displayed in white. First turn off the Safety Depth then go to View go to Depth Highlight Range take your Depth Max and set it to the highest level, then take your Depth Min and set it to your desired depth. So you're turning the Depth Highlight Range into a Depth Range then you can pick whatever depth you want.Name:  shot 003 copy.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  174.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Basslife92 View Post
    I use a chart+chart+sonar so much I also use to for navigational purposes to like Ill have one chart zoomed in to my location while running and Ill have the other chart zoomed out so I can see further ahead. I also found if you're running the Fish N Chip on it doesn't show you docks for some reason.
    The lake outline for FishNChip is the same as the Nautical Charts.
    Only the contours are different.
    Both show the docks.
    Have you updated your map card lately?
    Have you compared the maps on the Navionics web site's Web App?

Yes. I update my card before I go fishing every time. Correct it shows you on Navionics WebApp and the Apps for the Phone but for some reason when you turn Fish N Chips on the Lowrance the docks go away, they are there in the Nautical Charts without the Fish N chip. It has never showed me docks when the Fish N Chip is on.If you're ever fishing with a friend that has a Lowrance fish on body of water with many of docks and turn the Fish N mode on and you will them disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Basslife92 View Post
    Yes. I update my card before I go fishing every time. Correct it shows you on Navionics WebApp and the Apps for the Phone but for some reason when you turn Fish N Chips on the Lowrance the docks go away, they are there in the Nautical Charts without the Fish N chip. It has never showed me docks when the Fish N Chip is on.If you're ever fishing with a friend that has a Lowrance fish on body of water with many of docks and turn the Fish N mode on and you will them disappear.
    Strange. Do you have the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum or the Navionics+ software and do you download the Sonar Charts layer, Community Edits, and Nautical Charts when you do an update?

Sonar Charts is viewed by selecting FishNChip.

I have my Humminbird unit operating as I type this and they are the same on both.
    I have the Sturgeon Creek Marina on Lake Anna displayed and it shows the ramps and docks.
    I also have the unit set to show all the Chart Details.
    I am using the Hotmaps Platinum East region and I download the Sonar Charts layer when I do an update.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast