Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Bassmaster Elite Series starts today on Lake Champlain n New York. I hope the guys up there are using their Navionics cards instead of a competitors cards. Its a major difference between the two. If you where competing for $100,000 which one would you use? Navionics has excellent SonarCharts of that lake breaking it down to 1ft contours of the lake. Name:  IMG_2459 (1).JPG
Views: 89
Size:  213.9 KB

Here is a step by step explanation on connecting your Navionics App to your Lowrance HDS Gen 3 Make sure you have registered your chart or these will not work. Also the app needs to still be active and not expired!!!

Directions to run SonarChart Live:
    - Go to “Overlay”
    - Click on SonarChart Live
    - Go fishing
    - Done

Directions for Plotter Sync:
    - Download a small area you want to update on your chart on your Navionics app iphone
    - Add a few waypoints on the Navionics app and name them in that same area
    - Turn on Lowrance wifi (check to find the wifi name and password. Its under settings-wifi connection-click wirless- see unit connection-click that for password
    - Make sure Navionics app is closed out
    - Phone still connected to wifi on lowrance
    - Open Navionics App
    - Screen pop up will happen and show it is connecting
    - If you zoom out you will see the chart on lowrance turning white where you updated on app showing the chart updating in the plotter from the phone. No need to remove chart.
    - Then go to main page – scroll down on left to “files”- click on SD memory card- click on waypoints folder- there are your waypoints!
    - Save to waypoint folder (if that doesn’t show, don’t worry about it) just say save it to harddrive.

How old is your chart? Navionics charts are constantly getting update with new information from fisherman. Check out the difference in Meades Pit on the James River. You can record contours quick and easy and get the information back within a week. Name:  IMG_2502.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  198.4 KB Want to know how?

Have you ever wonder how many miles it is from Osborne Landing on the James to the Chick River? Good thing for automatic routing from Navionics. Pick a start and finish point and let the app do the rest. Its going to take you the safest route possible and its going to calculate the time with MPG. Name:  IMG_2508.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  188.7 KB

On August 11th, 53 of the top anglers in the country will launch their bass boats on beautiful Lake Murray, South Carolina, to compete for the 2017 Forrest Wood Cup. Throughout the tournament, Navionics will join other FLW sponsors at the EXPO taking place August 11 – 13 at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.

FLW EXPO attendees who visit Navionics in booth 186 can register to win a one-day guided fishing trip with Michael Murphy. All they need to do to enter is show Navionics staff the Navionics Boating app on their mobile device. A professional angler, fisheries biologist and experienced Lake Murray guide, Murphy knows the tournament waters very well and is sure to offer the winner a memorable experience.

The winner will be selected in a random drawing at the conclusion of the FLW Cup EXPO on August 13, 2017 at 4:00pm EST from all eligible entries received during the show.

For a copy of the rules, stop by booth 186 at the Forrest Wood Cup Expo August 11 – 13, 2017 during normal operating hours of the show.

Here in Virginia we have many river systems with small creeks coming off the main body that have no contour information in them. I went exploring the other day and found how helpful Navionics SonarChart Live was. As I was fishing in the creek I could see the contours being drawn live on my Lowrance Gen 3 and on my Navionics app so I could find small drop off and small points. I would come through the area looking for key breaks then I would come back through and cast to those small areas along the drop. It has been one of the most helpful tools I have found yet. Its cool because Im the first person that can see these key areas before the information gets uploaded to the Navionics website. If you have the Navionics app and a Lowrance Gen 3 try this feature out. Name:  IMG_0606.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  198.3 KB

Are you using SonarChart on your chartplotter? Depending on what level card you have you have the option to turn SonarCharts on. If you have a Region+, Update, Plus, and Platinum level cards you have the ability to use this function. Once you turn the feature on it will overlay the latest information sent in by Navionics users. On certain units it will say Fish N Chip, check to see what you are running. Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  564.9 KB

I spent last Thursday Cobia and Drum fishing in the Chesapeake Bay. While I was out there we were using Navionics SonarChart Live to fish some of the wrecks and structures. Having the options to see the contours being drawn live with depth numbers helped us to fine certain high and low spots around these areas. After we learned these areas after a couple of drifts we could fine toon and see exactly were we have to be to hit these key spots. Using the SCL feature put a couple of extra fish in the boat because there wasn't any wasted time. Be ready to update your Navionics App and Card to get the information I recorded. Name:  IMG_0622 (1).JPG
Views: 31
Size:  242.4 KB

For those that have an Android phone and don't have the Navionics app, Navionics is having a 2-week FREE trail that starts as soon as you open the app. Start using detailed charts with advanced features right away. Download the FREE app and try it out.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast