Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930

Thread: This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Have you seen what the Navionics Platinum card can do for you? The Platinum card is Navionics top of the line card that comes with satellite overlay, aerial shots of harbors and SonarCharts. Here is an example of the Platinum+ card showing the detail you will receive preloaded with the card. I like to run the photo overlay feature when I'm fishing in marsh areas because I can see the little creeks and islands as I'm traveling.

Have you purchased a Navionics card before and just stuck it in your unit with out registering the card? Don't forget when you purchase a Navionics card you have to activate it on Navionics website to get the year free of software updates. From there you can update all the latest Nautical Charts, SonarCharts and community edits. If you have any questions regarding how to do this process feel free to contact me.

No need to panic just because Garmin bought Navionics. Read below.
    today announced that it has acquired Navionics S.p.A., a privately-held worldwide provider of electronic navigational charts and mobile applications for the marine industry.

“Navionics has long been known as a leading supplier of highly accurate navigational charts and mobile applications for boaters,” said Cliff Pemble, Garmin president and CEO. “By combining Navionics’ content with Garmin’s BlueChart® and LakeVü™ content, we will be able to offer the best available breadth and depth of coverage to our marine customers. Going forward, we plan to retain the Navionics brand and will continue to support Navionics’ existing customers.”

“Since our founding, Navionics has been passionate about creating products that enhance the boating experience,” said Giuseppe Carnevali, Navionics founder and president. “Garmin shares our passion for serving the marine industry, and is an ideal company to carry the strong brand and reputation of Navionics into the future.”

In addition to a popular boating app, Navionics has developed an extensive repository of nautical charts for oceans, rivers, and lakes. Many of these charts have been developed with Navionics’ proprietary surveys, done both in the field and with remote sensing such as satellite imagery and airborne laser scanners.

Navionics is headquartered in Viareggio, Italy, and employs more than 350 associates globally, who will be retained. Financial terms of the acquisition will not be released.

Do you have a Navionics Platinum+ card? Check out this major difference between a old Platinum card and a new one. In shallow tidal situations inlets and creeks get reshaped constantly. Want to know how you can get your Platinum card updated?

This is to inform you that the Android Boating Free and Paid versions for Phone and Tablet are live on Google Play with version 8.6.

What’s New:
    - Personalize the app by creating a profile with your picture and activities on the water. Go to Menu > Me
    - Quickly log into the app via Facebook: join the Navionics Community and team up with millions of boaters!
    - Easily check your sonar status on the app. If you have done Plotters Sync with your Raymarine, Lowrance, Simrad and B&G at least once, you can renew your plotter card subscription from here with 1 click! Go to Menu > Device Connected
    - Bug fixing and optimization

Have you ever clicked on the search glass in the top left hand corner of your Navionics App and seen all the options you have? It has everything you can find repair shops, fuel stations, boat dealers with there contact info and restaurants/bars if it was that kind of day on the water. Check it out it might help you if your in a pinch.

Found one solid chunk Sunday at Lake Anna. It was a text book fish, sitting right on a subtle point that sticks out close to the river channel. Never really fished that point until I saw how it was laid out on the App.

I love fishing tidal waters this time of year because fish tend to be group up in small areas. It could be a mud flat with a break, a deep hole in the river channel bend or around hard cover. I always start on mud banks with a hard drop off close by. The fish tend to hang close to break throughout the morning then later on in the day when the sun is up the fish move shallower on the flat to get heat. My weapons of choice is a silver buddy, lipless crankbait, crankbait and a jig. I found my self using the SonarChart Live from Navionics to locate drop offs located near mud banks. With SCL I can see the contours live and see exactly where the break is and how far it comes out. Also it allows me to pick out any type of irregular contours that might be located in that area. Check out the information I recorded on a local tidal water.

Have you been wanting to download the Navionics App but you don't know if you will like it? You can try out the Navionics App for free for 2 weeks. During the 2 weeks you can take advantage of all the useful tools the app has to offer. For example you can use the depth highlight range, the safety depth, mark up to 1000 waypoints and much much more.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930