Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Here is a great video explaining the benefits of Navionics daily updates and how they can help you. When was the last time you updated your Navionics card? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2JpI8qzNhA

It's getting to be that time when the fish will be heading out to the main lake. I like to use the Navionics depth highlight range in conjunction with the contour filter. I'll scale down the contours to show me everything 20 ft or less then put my depth highlight range at 12-19.

Do you have a Navionics Premium card? Check out the difference between a old Navionics Premium card and the Navionics Update card. You will go from having coverage on the east coast the entire U.S. and Canada. You will also gain SonarCharts with the Update card which is information people have sent in to Navionics to build a better map.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix920 View Post
    Do you have a Navionics Premium card? Check out the difference between a old Navionics Premium card and the Navionics Update card. You will go from having coverage on the east coast the entire U.S. and Canada. You will also gain SonarCharts with the Update card which is information people have sent in to Navionics to build a better map.
    I added a couple of sonar logs to the Sonar Charts program last night. Today I checked my upload history and now have 395 uploads.

Wow! You are a recording machine. My recording has gone down because I sold my boat a couple of months ago. How do you record SonarCharts on a Humminbird Helix unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix920 View Post
    Wow! You are a recording machine. My recording has gone down because I sold my boat a couple of months ago. How do you record SonarCharts on a Humminbird Helix unit?
    You can't do Sonar Charts Live with a Humminbird.
    I started doing sonar logs to submit to the Sonar Charts program before it was started in the US. I knew it was "in the works" due to interaction with Navionics for a few years prior.
    It involves recording sonar logs to a memory card and uploading the data via Chart Installer. That was using my 1198's and former 798. Since then I have used two different Helix units, an ONIX and a SOLIX.
    The two logs I did last week were using one of my 1198's.
    I have also done Sonar Charts Live with the Navionics App and Vexilar Sonarphone on my tablets and smart phones. Actually those are not included in the account log of 395. I get separate processed notification for those.

Navionics tried to get Lowrance and Garmin involved in Sonar Charts in the beginning, but they refused to allow their data to be processed by Navionics. Humminbird and Raymarine were the only two that were cooperating.

Sometimes you can too many contours on the screen and it can get difficult trying to find key areas. What I like to do on the Navionics App is eliminate certain depth contours I know I won’t be focusing on. Doing this can help you find certain characteristics easier. What I do is turn the satellite overlay feature on, turn fishing mode on, select the contours I want stay between and take my depth contours and put it 1ft deeper than my maximum depth range. Once I do that you can see everything in white is between 9-15ft, everything in blue is 16ft or deeper and everything in clear is shallower that 9ft. This is a feature I like to do when fishing off shore.

Join me March 8th at 8:00 pm for a free Webinar on Cold Water Largemouth Tactics. I'll be going over everything you need to know on how to catch more fish during during colder water temperatures. Sponsored by Navionics and Cashion Fishing Rods
    https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/re...QmCM7UCb2eGp0w

Hello Folks,
    New to the forum. Although I have introduced myself under the intro thread, I just wanted check in under the electronics and especially under the anything Navionics thread already started. I am a tournament angler located in Northern Virginia, spend a lot of time on the water and I am sponsored by Navionics. Look forward to meeting some other freshwater and saltwater anglers alike. If you guys and gals haven't checked some of the free Navionics webinars where many different topics are discussed (just watched a great one by Elite Angler Brandon Card on summertime top water last night) here is the current schedule and link to check them out.
    July 19th 10:00 PM Prepping for the UFC Delta Frog Event Travis Huckaby
    July 24th 8:00 PM Summer Bassin on Lake Okeechobee Mike Readling
    July 30th 8:00 PM Redfish time is now! Capt. Stephen Fields

Follow the link below to sign up for the ones you are interested and remember as always its free!!!!

https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...inar-schedule/

Semper Fi and Tight Lines

Not sure if all the Navionics users are aware that you can contribute nautical data and points of interests to all the Navionics charts? The Community Edits layer in Navionics Boating App allows you and millions of other app users to share local information. View nautical data and points of interests in your location, such as seasonal buoys, lights, rocks, moorings, and boat ramps and other structure directly on your Boating app and contribute your own! Check this out:

https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...to-our-charts/

Hope some find this helpful, I really enjoy exploring with Electronics some days and this is an awesome way to gain knowledge by recording things you find to recall later when needed.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233 LastLast