Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Default This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

If you have any question dealing with Navionics or just want to share information about any of the Navionics products, feel free to post under this thread.

Navionics Sonar Charts.
    That is an extra map layer available with the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum and Navionics+ products.

Sonar Charts is user generated data processed by Navionics to create HD contours wherever you wish.
    I have done Chris Green Lake and Hunting Run Res. With at least one other person I know of, Briery Creek Lake and Sandy River Res are HD surveyed also. It is viewed on your Lowrance or Humminbird unit as the FishNChip layer. Garmin and Raymarine are also compatable, but I don't know what the settings to view the maps would be.

Hunting Run was not even an outline in the Navionics data until I submitted the first few recordings.
    This is what it looks like and can be viewed on the Navionics web site's Web App*.
    *the web app is being re-designed to add more features

Last edited by Wayne P.; 07-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Presently there is a glitch with the Nature of Seabed creek/river channel highlighting for more recent re-surveyed locations. They are aware of it-work in progress. If you do an update you may loose that feature until it is corrected.
    The highlighting got moved to the Sonar Charts maps and the dotted line channel outlines stayed with the Nautical Charts.
    I have not received any messages from Navionics that it is corrected since I notified them about it around the end of May.

FYI----This is what it looks like when functioning properly---Kentucky Lake

As a result of the Sonar Charts data, Briery Creek, Sandy River and Chris Green have updated shorelines that are a lot more accurate than the scanned paper maps that were on the Nautical Charts.

Additionally at Sandy River, the "island" out from the ramp is now gone and its contours are shown on the Sonar Charts layer. The top of the "island" is about at the 15' contour line.

An island and barely visible rock pile near the dam at Briery Creek have been added to the Nautical Chart.
    That area was formally represented within the 8'-24' depth range.

Wow thats cool stuff its unbelievable what you can do now. It would be nice to maybe do a Va outdoors Sonar Chart Event somewhere in the state anyone with a Lowrance HDS, Humminbird, Raymarine, Simrad, B&G, and a Garmin can join in on the fun and learn how.

That was already done at a tournament on the James this year. It was announced on another web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    That was already done at a tournament on the James this year. It was announced on another web site.
    We can do another one on a different body of water like Claytor Lake or Chick Lake.

Clayer would be a good one since it has some structure elements. It has no contours on the Navionics Nautical Charts and is not even an outline on the Sonar Charts layer.

Chick Lake wouldn't benefit much for a concentrated survey since it is mostly a swamp with very little depth contour.

Navionics has now release Plotter Sync between your Iphone and your Raymarine unit. So if your Iphone or Ipad that has a Navionics App on it you can connect your phone to your Raymarine through WiFi.Plotter Sync allows you to do this from your boat:
    • Activate your Navionics+.
    • Download new coverage areas and updates to Navionics+ and Navionics Updates.
    • Download updates to Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum cards.
    • Enhance your SonarCharts™ on any device just by uploading your sonar logs.
    You can also Update your Navionics Chart on your Chartplotter to so you will have the latest Nautical Charts, Sonar Charts, and Community edits.

Before you go head north to go smallmouth fishing take a look at Navionics Sonar Charts and the Nautical Charts using your Iphone, Computer or your Navionics card and see how big of a difference it can make. I know it has made a difference for me. Name:  Image-1 (9).jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  541.2 KB

Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast