Thread: Only one snakehead this afternoon...but a nice one

Default Only one snakehead this afternoon...but a nice one

My son and i fished this afternoon and things were slooooow. He did manage to catch one nice largemouth and this 10lb 14oz snakehead....i didnt get a strike in 3 hours of fishing!! Im getting tired of going with him.Name:  102_1314.JPG
Views: 912
Size:  315.9 KBName:  102_1316.JPG
Views: 860
Size:  299.8 KB

Nice un
    Crank That Jank!

Just curious, how do you all kill them before you hold them up for pics? In my boat, we just use a good ole fashion hammer to the head.

I'm curious about what happened to snakechaser. I miss his snakehead pics. I think I asked him how he kills them before. He keeps one of those small aluminum bats in his yak and hold their heads to the side of the boat while he clubs them a few times.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Pokerface...im still here, just havent caught any snakeheads since first week in September (i think)...hunting season is here, ive been chasing some kayak catfish, and waiting on the crappies!!! we just either get a finger (with a glove ) up in its gill and then crack them on top of the head with a bat or axe handle, cut down. a good ole hammer works just as well!!....that usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by snakechaser View Post
    Pokerface...im still here, just havent caught any snakeheads since first week in September (i think)...hunting season is here, ive been chasing some kayak catfish, and waiting on the crappies!!! we just either get a finger (with a glove ) up in its gill and then crack them on top of the head with a bat or axe handle, cut down. a good ole hammer works just as well!!....that usually does the trick.
    Thanks! I will have to remember the glove idea next time. It would be nice to hold them still while giving them a whack.

Quote Originally Posted by snakechaser View Post

Good deal. I remember you catching a good stringer of crappies in the spring.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Nice! i was actually the biologist t identify the first snakehead in maryland! can you recommend some spots to go to , general is great... im looking to take some city kids fishing and was hoping theres some bank fishing we could find?