Thread: Delzipper

Default Delzipper

New member from Culpeper, VA. Retired military, originally from NE Ohio. Getting back into hunting and fishing after too many years away. Grew up duck and goose hunting but moved to bow and muzzleloaders. Takes a little longer to get up that tree at 63, but still climbing. It's raining acorns on my property but haven't seen a squirrel in a couple weeks....

Welcome to Va Outdoors Delzipper
    Crank That Jank!

63 here also Delzipper. Also grew up duck and goose hunting on Eastern Shore. Hope to see some nice reports from the Culpeper area. And a BIG thanks for your service.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

+1 on thank you for serving. not quite 63 but close. the mileage , not the years, have gotten to me. welcome!

welcome aboard, another northeastern ohio native here

Been hitting the woods hard and have noticed three things: First, there are very few squirrels in the woods this year compared to last year. Talked to a local farmer and he believes it was the severe winter that may have done them in. Second, walking around feels like walking on marbles....there are acorns and walnuts everywhere. Third, the deer are NOT moving much at all. I've been hitting the late afternoons hard and seeing just a couple of deer, moving almost at dark. The two bucks I've seen are still with a group of does. I've seen only one scrape/rub. It's been windy and wet here in Culpeper. Hope there are others having better luck this archery season.