Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Hunting Photo Contest

Default Deer Hunting Photo Contest

Deer hunting is almost here - just over a week away. Post up your best buck or favorite buck with a sentence or two about it. Maybe it was your first buck or maybe your son/daughters first buck. Either way share it and let us know a little about it. Contest goes through the month of October and the winner will receive a new Moultrie A5 Game Camera. Post up now!

How long does this go?

I'll play...
    I took this buck last November during ML season in Loudoun County. A friend mine called and told me he had seen a few nice bucks in one of the fields we hunt. He had already taken one so he had to take two does before he could take another (Earn a buck). So I high tailed it over to the property and snuck my way into a ladder stand. saw lots of small bucks pushing does over the course of 6 hours or so. I finally called it a day and climbed off the stand. I decided to walk to the field and within 50 yards of the stand i spooked up 7 or 8 deer. they all ran single file away from me into the wood line. about 10 seconds later they all came back out and only about 30 yards from me. I picked the buck out of the line up and took him as he passed in front of me. Taxidemist scored him at 130.

This young man(CJ Norman) was/is ate up with hunting and the outdoors. However; his family has never hunted and had no clue as to what to do, where to go, etc. Knowing the family pretty well, they allowed me to take him the opening day of gun season last year. The smile says it all as he took his first buck(deer) ever. It's always great to make that memory and get the youth involved in our great sport. To me, these are more important than any score in the record book and will be a day that will never be forgotten(by him or me)...... Eddie

Name:  cj.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  73.2 KB

Does it have to be a buck only for the picture or can it be first deer?
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

My 11 year old Jake and I went to Fluvanna county last year on a hunt with a couple friends of ours in hopes of getting Jake his first deer. We set up that morning over looking a hardwood bottom and man was it cold. After about an hour Jake was so cold we decided to walk back to the truck. Just before we got there we spooked a couple deer off that were nearby the truck. The rest of the morning was slow so after lunch we decided to go to another place and do a man drive. Jake and I got set up on a creek bottom and waited. A short time later we hear something coming down the creek to us. Its a young doe and Jake gets ready to shoot. As it gets close I notice another deer coming but before I could so anything "Boom" Jake takes a shot. The doe dropped in her tracks right there. To say Jake was excited was an understatement. He wanted to run and get it but I told him lets wait a few minutes and see what else happens. A few minutes later 2 big does come down the creek to us but stop when they see Jake's deer. Jake is ready but they turned and crossed the creek on my side of the tree and Jake couldn't shoot. When the does got to 40 yards I take a shot at the biggest one and she drops in her tracks. Jake and I had just doubled up and Jake had shot his first deer ever. Was an awesome day and one I will never forget!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast