Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grass at Buggs

Default Grass at Buggs

Planning on coming to buggs in a few weeks, and was just wanting to see how the hydrilla and grass is looking this year with the water staying high for so long. I was really wanting to come and fish a frog around some matted hydrilla if it will be thick enough to do that. I will be coming out of northbend ramp, and probably will end up in nutbush. Is the grass doing well this year?

Thanks for any help!

Matted hydrilla on Kerr? Maybe way down in the Nutbush or the other creeks that run into NC, but I haven't seen matted SAV on Kerr in a while. Now, Gaston is another story. Grass is back there fo sho.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    Matted hydrilla on Kerr? Maybe way down in the Nutbush or the other creeks that run into NC, but I haven't seen matted SAV on Kerr in a while. Now, Gaston is another story. Grass is back there fo sho.
    I'm on the same page as 31 here, I've never heard of matted grass on Buggs. If there is, I wish I would've known this long ago!
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

http://www.sovanow.com/index.php?/ne...lakes_hydrilla seems like the hydrilla is so bad that the USACE has recently released a bunch of carp http://kerrlakeparkwatch.org/categor...a-information/
    Crank That Jank!

boy that is a big cat out of a fishy bag.....local boyz are gonna be pissed this information got out....
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Plenty of grass in several of the creeks(especially Nutbush and Little Nutbush).... The article above is true! Bad News, The Corps had already began spraying a lot of the grass about a month or so ago and it has started dying off in many areas.

Still lots of areas with deeper hydilla holding fish though.

Eddie

Thanks for all the help guys ... I'll let ya know for sure how it goes.

So it's localized on the NC side . . . . Hmmmmm . . . .

Odd that only NC is looking the hydrilla 'problem'.

Ya there is plenty of grass down there its growing off the bottom about 3ft in every pocket down lake some areas there is a think clump.This year the grass hasn't got as think as the past years. The Cor has kept the water level around 300 so the water never got low during the summer time so the grass didn't grow as fast and think. Also back in March I was at County Line Ramp where the North Carolina State Park Rangers had a giant truck parked down the ramp stocking the lake with grass carp. Ya thats not good. There has been Hydrilla in that lake since 1992 just not a whole lot of it. I had to do a research paper on Hydrilla in Kerr Lake for College three years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast