Thread: Our Set Up

Default Our Set Up

There are 5 of us that hunt this property that my buddy's Uncle is part owner in. We've been hunting it for about 6 years or so now and we are getting it set up like we want it. Always tweaking stuff though. The property is about 210 acres and we have about 23 stands on it. Some are mainly gun stands (rifle county) and some mainly bow stands. We have 3 food plots we put in that total about 4 acres. The biggest one we call the killing plot because its next to a bedding area and always has deer in it. We just put up a new Stump Blind this weekend over this plot to gun hunt from. The plot is planted in oats and has a strip of Whitetail Institute Winter Greens down the middle. We have another plot to the south of this one that is 3/4 acres and planted in oats and Tall Tine Tubers. The plot in the middle of the property is close to 1 1/2 acres and is planted in oats and Winter Peas. We also have an elevated box blind over this plot as well. We have found that these combinations of food plots have worked the best so far in our area. We may try something different next year and have a couple spots on the north side of the property that we may put in a couple small plots. Might do clover in them just to see how it does. I'm attaching a few pictures below.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Very nice

That 3rd pic looks like a dog-leg to the right, water hazard short left and trouble if you go right with trees and the cart path?.

Nice looking plot.

Did you use elevators with your stump blind for the 4x4 mounting or was it a frame already built in to the bottom of the blind to set the angle of the legs?

Quote Originally Posted by mbaugher View Post
    That 3rd pic looks like a dog-leg to the right, water hazard short left and trouble if you go right with trees and the cart path?.

Nice looking plot.

Did you use elevators with your stump blind for the 4x4 mounting or was it a frame already built in to the bottom of the blind to set the angle of the legs?
    Actually the stand is set on the green and facing the tee box so its a dog leg left. LOL I shot a 77 there last time I played it before they shut it down. Hated to see it closed but I get more use out of it now. haha My buddy's Uncle is a part owner of the property.
    We call ourselves the "Fairways Hunt Club". lol

We used 16' 4x4's to attach to the blind then braced it with 2x4's. We built it on the ground then used a tractor with ropes to stand it up and level it. Worked like a champ. We built a ladder out of 2x4's to get up to it. We also put an anchor in the ground and hooked the blind to it with a steel cable. Should be hurricane proof! lol
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Very nice...golf courses attract some nice deer even before it becomes a food plot.