Thread: just got a new yak

Default just got a new yak

So I just bought an Old Town Predator 13 and I'm looking for someone to fish with this year. I'm in the Fredericksburg area and love to fish. Anyone out there looking to hit the water and make a new friend?

Looks like a nice little ride. I don't have a yak, but good luck fishing either way.

Merkey,
    There are a few of us who are out pretty regularly. We launch from Aquia Landing or at the Nature Area on the Chopawamsic.
    (on board Marine Corps Base Quantico). Keep watching the board, we'll start posting when it warms up come and you can usually
    find out what's working and where.

How do you like that Predator? I've read some good reviews and it has some nice features.
    Bill

When do those snakeheads start hitting top water? I'd like to scratch catching a snakehead off of my bucket list. Its currently listed above Jennifer Lawrence.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    When do those snakeheads start hitting top water? I'd like to scratch catching a snakehead off of my bucket list. Its currently listed above Jennifer Lawrence.
    Last year, the SH started to bite in late April, early May. When it is windy, I was using a white chatterbait and when it was calm I used
    a Stanley Top Toad. I've emailed John Odenkirk before to ask about Snakeheads; he said that they are dormant from Nov - Mar. (varies by
    temperature and daylight)

I'll post as I start hitting the water again in the Spring. I drive by Chopawamsic Creek everyday on my way to work and it has a lovely coat of ice
    on it this week.

Bill

The Predator 13 is simply amazing. It didn't win best in show at Icast for nothing. I have it rigged up with a custom made padded floor board, trolling motor, side scan/down scan hummingbird, and much more. I have kayak fished for years now and tried lots of brands and models but this is now my all time favorite. Do I need a pass to fish Quantico? Im sure its like AP Hill or probably worse, lol. Anyway I Live downtown Fredericksburg and work for Stafford county so im pretty familiar with this area so Ill be waiting to hear from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkey View Post
    So I just bought an Old Town Predator 13 and I'm looking for someone to fish with this year. I'm in the Fredericksburg area and love to fish. Anyone out there looking to hit the water and make a new friend?
    I m in fredericksburg and plan to fish in April hit me up on email chesapeake_angler@yahoo.com