Thread: Faith and Hope

Default Faith and Hope

Faith and Hope:
    How many times have we heard these words? Most of the time these words go in one ear and out the other without us ever realizing the life changing power that these words really have. I think it is because most of the time we place our faith and hope in the wrong things.
    A few days ago my wife had her quarterly visit with her liver doctor. The doctor stated that PSC Liver disease is the one he hates the most because there is no cure. All he can do is treat the symptoms of the disease. In essence the doctor has given up all hope of ever finding a cure.
    "hopelessness" is a terrible state of mind and a miserable place to be. It causes us to give up and accept our circumstances; "Hope" on the other hand causes us to act: to keep fighting to overcome our circumstances; even when it doesn't make sense. What and in who we place our faith and hope is what makes the difference.

I don't put my faith faith and hope in a pay check, an employer, a friend, a loved one, nor a doctor. I place my faith and hope in Jesus Christ and the word of God.
    That doesn't mean I don't have to be reminded of that from time to time. At work recently, I allowed myself to slip into a state of mind where I was looking for solutions to problems from the same leaders that caused the problems to begin with. I had gotten to a state of hopelessness surrounding my circumstances. It caused me to loose my will to fight, to give up trying to do my job the way I knew I should be doing it. I retreated into a self made pity party. It was only after I accepted the fact I was totally helpless to change my circumstances that I realized I had pinned my hopes to the wrong thing. It was one of those "Duh" moments when I realized how stupid I had been. I have since returned looking for solutions to all my perceived problems from my lord and savior Jesus Christ; and they will come, I am convinced of that. Not only in my job but for my wife's healing, and in "All" things and areas of my life.

Remember:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (*Hebrews‬ *11‬:*1‬ KJV)"

And "Hope" is trust, reliance, a desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment

Whether it's at work, on the water, in the doctors office, or at home: it doesn't matter:

"Faith and hope together have the power to heal, to save your life, and to overcome any and all of life's problems!"

God bless and see ya on the water.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Praying heavily for your wife and you Jim.
    Crank That Jank!

Well said Jim. It is good to be reminded of this truth from time to time. Amen.
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Well said Jim and thank you! Prayers be sent to your wife and you. Hope to see you soon on water, god bless
    2017 Ironman winner

Amen Jimbo, prayers coming from the Williams family. See ya on tha water friend.
    You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

Great message Jim! Prayers for your wife bud!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Hope + Faith = Cure.....Jim. This is what I practice of what i look to when I get down

Exactly. I can't imagine a life without faith and hope in God who is fully able to deliver us. Thanks guys. We are not alone and we all have a story. Some are harder than others; never the less we are all in it together. God bless
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

Prayers for your situation. What a feeling to know that He is the Almighty and His plan is perfect!! One of my favorites in dire times is John 14:18, when Jesus is revealing the Holy Spirit to the disciples, "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come unto you."