Thread: Virginia Beach 4/24-4/27

Default Virginia Beach 4/24-4/27

Friday 4/24

I launched sometime after midnight on Friday for a "quick" 3 hour trip. Paddled around a bit and found a mess of blues in one spot. Worked on them for a while and then headed back in at 3:30am. Kept 5.

Saturday 4/25

Saturday morning I went over the CBBT to look for tog at the concrete ships. It rained non-stop all day but other than that it was very pleasant out there. Caught a couple small tog, but the bigger ones seemed to be interested in other things.

I found a bunch of nice tog up near the top of the water chasing each other around, looked like spawning behavior. I spent a while trying to get them to bite, but they had no interest in eating so I gave that up. The distracted tog did let me get really close, so I spent some time trying to get them on video, which came out terribly.

Came back in and fished from the pier for a little bit but I didn't catch anything except big wads of slimy brown grass on every cast.

Weather was nasty Saturday night and I was still drying out, so I caught up on sleep instead of fishing.

Sunday 4/26

Started Sunday morning by doing a couple hours of wading in Little Creek. Fished jigs and strip baits looking for flounder but came up empty. No bites or signs of life.

Later in the day I went to Rudee Inlet to fish from the rocks. I threw Gulp mullets and jerkshads for over 3 hours without a bite, then 10 minutes before I had to leave, I put on a pink Fin-S and caught a 20" flounder.

Sunday night I launched the yak again, think I got out around 9:30pm. It was chilly but super calm.

Started fishing a few paddle strokes from the ramp. First few fish were stripers, nothing huge but good pullage.

Hit some of my favorite spots and caught some blues and a shad. I was mainly throwing paddletail plastics but also trolled a plug when I paddled from spot to spot.

I saw some baitfish activity in one spot and also had some good marks on the depthfinder so I fan-casted the area. Missed one fish and a couple casts later hooked up to a nice overslot red!

Caught one more striper there and then nothing. Pretty sure I could have caught more in that spot if the red hadn't dragged me all over it and spooked the school.

I worked my way back and caught some more blues, then pulled out sometime after 3am. Got a little sleep and headed home after a long and enjoyable weekend.

Dag-gon man - you are all over the place and catching fish everywhere. Sounds like a ton of fun.

Thanks for sharing. Great report.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Great report! I am itchin to get after some redfish soon! Did you fish Lynnhaven any?

Thanks guys. Didn't hit Lynnhaven this time, I prefer to fish there in Summer and Fall.

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Thanks for sharing!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan 2 View Post
    Thanks guys. Didn't hit Lynnhaven this time, I prefer to fish there in Summer and Fall.
    Gotcha. That was a great write-up.