Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAO All-Frog July 18th

Default VAO All-Frog July 18th

Since Steve canceled the tournaments he had set up due to lack of interest (thanks for trying) and I am sure there will be interest in the all frog tourney which at this moment I am 95% sure I can make, I will volunteer to run it. I only have a hand scale though so if anyone has a real scale that would like to bring it, that would be great!

So just wondering, which format would you all like more:
    Pay out 1 place for every 5 boats with side pot for big bass and big snakehead ($40 entry, $5 big bass and $5 big snakehead included)
    Split pot 50/50 for big bass and big snakehead winner take all ($40 entry, $20 for big bass and $20 for big snakehead)
    Split pot 50/50 for big bass and big snakehead, pay out top 3 for bass and snakehead ($40 entry, $20 towards biggest bass and $20 towards biggest snakeheads)

Just post below which format you would prefer and in July I will set up the thread for signup. This will be a good prefish day before the wounded warrior tournament the following weekend! If you have any other suggestions, fire away!
    Last edited by kickin bass; 05-14-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Too far out for me to commit.....but if I do fish it.....I'll bring my scales Macon.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

I'll fish it if ya have it on the chic. Both places 2 1/2 hr drive but I can camp at the chic. I don't think the riva is worth 5 hrs driving in a day.

CHUCK n DUCK

I should have my new Frog Rod by then. Is this Hollow Bodied Frogs only or could we use plastic toads?
    Thank God For Rednecks

Hollow body or plastic toads (horney toad, stanley ribbit, rage-tail style) fished on the surface. Honor code...
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

I was planning on having this on the Potomac because of the chance to catch big snakeheads and to prefish for the wounded warriors the following weekend.

My son and I plan on being there. I am open to any format. but I would prefer more money slated to catching bass. See you guys there

I would say that if you find fish willing to eat a frog, you can pretty well assume they will eat just about anything else you throw at them. Senko, jig, swim jig, swimbait etc. It's about location. I'm sure you can do something to locate groups of fish during a Frog Only scenario, then use that info to expand upon with a Warrior in the boat.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sempr View Post
    I'm confused here how do you use a frog only TX to prefish for Reel American Heros when you can only throw a frog?
    Because fishing the Potomac with frogs only will provide tons more information than fishing any other body of water the weekend before... Can at least locate areas that are holding bass or snakeheads and use different methods the following weekend depending on the experience level of the warrior(s).

I also stay after just about every tournament on the Potomac till sunset to go fun fish so I can experiment with different lures and locations and this would provide anyone else the opportunity to do the same. Like I said in the original post, throw out ideas. If a majority speak up and want it held somewhere else, that's what we will do. I just wanna go frog fishin!

No place for this, I will sort it out this evening. Ridiculous Sempr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast