Thread: Nova Bass Lake Anna TX Results

Default Nova Bass Lake Anna TX Results

Nova Bass Anglers fished the first club tournament of the 2009 season Saturday March 21st on Lake Anna out of High Point Marina. We had 11 boats and 18 participants in total. Also, a few guests got in the big fish pot. We had a great time Friday prefishing and enjoying the commradere in the evening with a small cookout.

Saturday we launched at 6:50am in a balmy 30 degree air temperature. We all made it back safe at 3:00pm for the weigh in. We weighed in 23 fish for a total of 39.39lbs. Most fish were caught on light line finesse tactics except for the fist place weight. The top finisher reported a late afternoon shallow water powerfishing bite.

Congratulations to the top finishers:

1st - Steve Clary with four fish for 10.61lbs
    2nd - Craig Armstrong with four fish for 6.94lbs
    3rd - John Malerich with four fish 6.07lbs

Big Fish - Steve Clary 6.17lbs

Our next club tournament will be on the Potomac River Saturday, April 11th out of Leesylvania State Park. We will weigh in at the north ramp at 3:00pm. If you are around stop by and say hi.

JJ
    2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

What a cold cold morning run. My boater and myself started over in Sturgeons that morning and putted on right through the BWS going out of Sturgeons during there morning Anthem procession....Some of the boaters had a puzzling look on their face as we drifted on by It was hilarious.
    First time I had ever had ice forming on my reel and rod guides. What a pain in the ass. No jerk bites for me, no shaky bites for me, no c-bait bites for me, no jig bite, no drop shot bite, no spinnerbait bite. The only thing I had a bite on was the air temp.
    Oh well..Fishing Kerr this coming Sunday hopefully I'lll have a better bite. Potomac here I come On 4/4/09 out of Smallwood and our Nova Bass tx on 4/11/09 going out of Leesylvania.

Jimmy i'll be at leesylvania on 4/11, i'll try to stop by during weigh-in. hopefully i'll have a bag to weigh in this time.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

setnhooks,
    i will be at kerr on sunday too. i'm fishing anna on sat and heading down sunday morning early. are you fishing the regional? if so we should meet! i'm running a triton 21x red and silver.
    rgs,
    b

bfelts,
    I'm goin down to Kerr with my boater who I will be fishing all the region1's with on Saturday early early, and i do mean early morning so we can get some pre-fish time in.

I personally don't have a bass rig, just a lil ole 12' jon boat I have shore slipped on Lake Montclair. Definitely lookin into one come Aug/Sept.

Good luck bro...happy hunting